Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Default New to 3FC and excited to be here!

Hi, everyone! I’m new to this board, but not to the dieting game. I’ve been on this ride before, so I know what I need to do, I just have to do it. I’ve been from one extreme to the other; high of 190, low of 125. I’m ready to find that comfortable middle ground. I just really want to be healthy, feel good, have energy and not be ashamed to wear shorts or a bathing suit… I live on the beach for Pete’s sake.

Anyway, I turned 40 in January and my son is graduating next year. I am definitely ready for a change. I felt so good when I was at a healthy weight, I don’t know how I let myself get back to this point. Well, that’s not entirely true. Life happened. Food is comforting and you don’t exactly feel like going to the gym when your father-in-law is dying, or your son is failing Spanish, or your mother’s having quadruple bypass surgery. Everyone goes through these things- that’s life. I have to learn to let life happen, yet still remember to take care of me.

I started this past Friday by doing one of my Richard Simmons videos at 5:30 in the morning and writing down everything I eat or drink. I’m only on my fifth day and I already feel better. I will not stop this time. I’m on a mission…

So that’s where I am and why I’m here. I know what a great tool a supportive community can be, and I’m really excited to get to know everyone. I’ve already seen so many inspirational stories here, I know I’m in the right place. Thanks for “listening”… I know I can ramble.
Shipaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Congrats on taking control of your life. You've found the best site ever for support, motivation, tips and advice.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:58 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipaholic View Post
Everyone goes through these things- that’s life. I have to learn to let life happen, yet still remember to take care of me.
I LOVE this! This would be an awesome thing to put in your signature. I have learned to let life happen and take care of me but sometimes I need to be reminded.

Thanks and welcome!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:47 AM   #4  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi!!! I just turned 40 this year too. I'm glad you're already feeling better, I think that will continue and even become greater as you continue on your weight loss journey! It has for me! You can do this!!!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, guys. I'm so enamored with this site already, it's just such a motivational tool for me. I've been looking at the before and after pictures and all I can say is WOW. I can't wait to put mine up there.

Day 6 and counting.
Shipaholic is offline   Reply With Quote