Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #1  
For Him, For Us.

Default Jingle Away the Jiggle v. Chat Thread 7/19-7/25

Hey girls I thought we could chat it up and support each other in here and then keep the other thread for our weight loss/fitness tracking

How are you doing this week ladies?

What's working?

What's not?

How are you feeling?

Gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I got my period this morning. Blah. My scale was at 245.8 after my weigh in YESTERDAY of 243.6. Bloat. Just bloat. I have not been off plan at all. So lots of water and I'll expect to see a "whoosh" in 4 or 5 days.

What's working?
I'll tell ya whats working. SUMMER FRUIT FOR THE WIN! Lots of blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, ranier cherries, luscious kiwi fruits... yummo!

What's not?
Hmmm... what's not. Everything is pretty much working for me right now so I can't really say! I did have a gall bladder attack saturday night (just 9 more days till surgery!) and ended up in the ER for another shot. I think it was the low fat portion controlled (140 calories) hamburger I had. Boo!

How are you feeling?
My head hurts from the morphine, my leg hurts from the shot, my tummy hurts from the cramps BUT I'm in a great mood. Got lots done tonight. My girls are at my sisters, my baby is sleeping and the first round of daycare kids are gone. I have to do reciprocal babysitting for a friend tonight but I'm hoping they go to bed easily so I can rest.

How are YOU doing?
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #3  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

I'm doing alright. I had a good day yesterday and another today. I've been watching what I eat (today:Slim Fast for bfast, tuna, celery, cucumbers for lunch, pollack and veggies for dinner and a Luna bar earlier in the day). I walked for 45 minutes, biked for 15 and will do another 15-30 on the bike before bed.

I'm just trying to stay focused on getting healthy (and thin). I've got to keep reminding myself that food is fuel, that my body is the only one I've got, that my kids need me for a long time, and to make that happen I need to take care of myself. I have to remember that the taste of good food is moments compared to how I'll feel when I'll have confidence and more self-esteem, how I'll enjoy shopping for cute clothing.

I'm going to keep chugging along: one day at a time.
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #4  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm sooooo frustrated that I'm PMSing and was supposed to start yesterday, but haven't yet. So, my weight is up like 4 lbs more than it should be, and I have weigh-in tomorrow night. I'm drinking tons of water hoping it will flush me out.

I also upped my exercise this week and in the last 5 days have logged 25 miles on the elipical and bike. I tried to get back on the treadmill, but it killed my groin pull after only 3 minutes. I hate the bike!!!!!

My eating has been really good. Yesterday, I was crazy hungry and grouchy, but I held it together and came in at 1603 calories for the day.

I did grocery shopping at the almost newly renovated Walmart today. Came home with lots of fresh fruit, which I will put on my Kashi cereal and mix into yummy yogurt.

I'm working on putting my collection of recipes into a notebook so it looks all organized and pretty. I LOVE cooking so much and can't wait to try out all the great looking recipes I've recently collected.

I hope everyone is doing great!
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

I am happy to be back on a walking program. An old college friend is visiting this week, so we walked together. I probably weigh 150 lbs more than she does. It was pretty obvious when I was winded & she wasn't. We used to jog together in college & we each ran a marathon. She's not in extraordinary athletic shape, but the extra weight I carry makes me SOO much worse off.

I made some good food choices today, but comparing my portion size to my friend's brought me back to reality.
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:01 PM   #6  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I'm doing great, was in wv to visit fam, cousin got married. It was good times.
I prepared for the eventuality that my mom would have almost NOTHING for me to eat. So I brought tons of black beans and brown rice and low fat/low carb tortillas and made burritos, also brought oatmeal and ate some of her pasta yesterday. I managed to stay on plan (and away from meat) all weekend, save for one small slice of wedding cake.

What's working...everything! Sometimes it all just falls into place. I've been struggling with these same five lbs for about 3 months. lol. but now, it seems so effortless. I wonder why that is?

Hope everyone is doing well!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I'm having a pretty good week.

I'm frustrated by the fact that I've been sort of sittting at 283/282 for more than a week.

I've stuck to my exercise plan of lap swimming every day.

I'm extremely weirded out that I'm not getting hungrier, but I can't believe how much I enjoy the food when I eat. It tastes delicious!

I'm irritated that my DH, who is totally supportive and is eating the same foods I'm eating, is now crowing that he's lost five pounds-- only irritated because he's already really fit and probably has a body fat percentage under 10% already.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Hey gang,

I did good this weekend considering it was my nephew's b-day and was out of town. I weighed 248 yesterday.

Today, I've been completely off plan but am okay with it because I know I'll get back on track tomorrow.
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #9  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

How are you doing this week ladies?I've been regrouping from a 9 day vacation. Playing catch up with work and getting back into my gym routine. After today, things should be "back to normal", which will be soooo very nice.

What's working?Counting calories and moving my body.

What's not?That there are corn chips and salsa together at the same time under my roof. No binges, but sometimes it is a struggle to weigh out 1 oz of chips and stop at that. But it gets better when I know that I can have some in 2 days also. In tha past there would have been a binge fest and no chips left to enjoy for more than 1 day.

How are you feeling?I'm having a rough TOM, which isn't normal for me at all. Usually I have no side effects from AF. Lovely hormones! I'm excited and dreading our beach vacation starting next week. I really am not comfortable in a bathing suit, but also will not sit on the beach fully clothed. I'm excited that on my last vacation I managed to lose .5 pound! That's a first, so I want to repeat that next week.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Well, I didn't loose any weight. Weight stayed the same, I guess that was bound to happen at some point. The only thing that I can think that I might have done wrong is not exercised as much as previous weeks but since I've started out really easy I can't see that making such a big difference.

Oh well, I am not going to get discouraged this early in the game. I did spend more time on the treadmill today and my arthritic knee did ok. I am going to up the time spent on the treadmill this week and see if that makes the scale budge.

ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #11  
I'm changing my life!

Thanks for starting this thread!

I'm having a great week. My WI was 1 pound, but I'm thrilled because it means I have finally lost 10 pounds! Woohoo!

What's working?
Working off my patoot! And planning my meals!

What's not?
My DH's love for delicious-smelling unhealthy food. Still I'm staying strong.

How are you feeling?
I'm doing all right! I'm struggling with impatience, though--I want to be thin, NOW! I know it's one day a time, though.

Hope you're all having a great week!
chavwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:44 AM   #12  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys.

I'm doing pretty well. I just recovered from a jumping spider bite which made me achy and out of sorts for the past three days. Unfortunately I haven't exercised since Saturday (and that was not much of a workout!), but I'll get back on the horse (aka treadmill) tomorrow. I've learned that I can get back on the horse afer a few days, but if I let it go a week, then I virtually have to start over in my mindset to get back to exercising.

Anyway...I'm eating really well, and drinking my water. And I feel good today. I think I notice a difference in my eye circles since getting my glasses on Saturday. My eyes certainly don't feel weary all day long!

I don't really have any challenges outside of the daily struggles until Aug. 1. And I'll worry about that when it comes!

My next goal--225 (that will put me under 40 BMI). It can't be too far off!
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #13  
For Him, For Us.

Thank God this week is going 100x better than this weekend! Drama!!! LOL

KEEP GOING LADIES!!!
Gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #14  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

How are you doing this week?
I'm doing pretty good, considering I am up 4 pounds from my last weigh-in. I figured out the culprit this afternoon - like some of other chicks here, TOM has arrived. My next official weigh-in is Friday and I'm already gearing myself up to have a gain so I don't get disappointed. I indulged a bit on the weekend but not crazy and have exercised every day so far this week.

What's working?
The exercise and planning out my meals for the week definitely helps. Trying to up my water intake this week, too.

What's not?
Well my body is being stubborn and retaining water, but there's not much I can do about that.

How are you feeling?
Crampy and bloated. But otherwise pretty optimistic!

I have a question for you ladies: what are your thoughts on carbonated water? I have pretty much given up diet soda, but I miss the 'fizz' and so have been drinking sparkling water. Does water in this form differ in how your body responds to it than normal water?
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

This Christmas challenge really pumps me up.

How are you doing this week ladies? This week has been good up till the point where I sprained my ankle, so no more running till it heals.

What's working? Calorie counting, carb counting and exercising still works for me.

What's not? I have an urge for some buttered popcorn at the theatre tommorow when I go watch Harry potter. Oh noes! I won't buy it, I won't!!

How are you feeling? Feeling fantastic!
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote