Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 08:42 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Monday's Thread

Happy Monday! Will be back to post in a second!
Old 07-01-2002, 08:52 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Good morning! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty uneventful. Friday night, I went to see my friend Stephanie and her little boy Walter. (On the way home, I got hit on by a really cute guy). Saturday night I just stayed home. Yesterday I went and saw BF. All in all, it was a pretty quiet, uneventful weekend.

I need some pep talk, guys. I'm feeling really fed up with WW right now. I was up .4 at WI on Tuesday and even though I've been OP all week, I feel like my clothes are fitting tighter and like I'm just putting on weight. Maybe this is all because it's getting dangerously close to TOM, but I just don't feel like WW is working very well for me right now. I also think I might start going to a different WW meeting. I hate my leader, he's just an a-hole and isn't helpful at all. There's a meeting about 20 minutes away that I'm thinking of going to. Plus, it's a regular meeting instead of a community one. I think I'll like that better, too. I've heard great things about their leader and think I may just give that a try. Besides, regular meetings are cheaper than community meetings, which makes a difference.

Speaking of the cost of weight loss, I went through and figured how much money I've spent since November (when I joined my gym) on losing weight. I figured if I could tell myself "You didn't spend (enter dollar amount here) only to give up or let yourself go." So, my dollar amount was somewhere in the range of $600. That's my gym membership (paid monthly), the initial investment you put into it when starting (mine was about $60), and the times I've paid my WW dues. I just thought that was interesting...

OK, I'm gonna get a little work done and let you guys talk now.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Default Happy CANADA DAY!!!

Hi All,

Happy Canada Day! Wooohoo, I love long weekends. I have had loads of fun this weekend, went to plays, went on a date and just generally had a good time!

Jess: Yeah I paid lots for losing weight, but it was a good investment...Today will be a challenge food wise!

Take care y'all and Happy Canada Day!

Ali
Old 07-01-2002, 10:17 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jess, maybe you do need a new leader... I would not have stayed with him that long. He seems like a moron. You're doing fabulous... and if you're OP the results will show up.... soon. I'm sure it's all about the TOM. You're doing awesome.

Ali - Happy Canada Day to you. Have a good one.

OKAY - SO I ATE THE ENTIRE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS yesterday. I went to a wedding shower... and went early to help out. I had purchased a Subway sandwhich for lunch while we set up.... but left it in my fridge at home. So I was starving and started in on the cheese and crackers. The shower was at 1:00 and was serving hor de vours and lunch and dessert.

Total I had: like 10 cubes of cheese, 10-15 crackers, 6-7 of those mini-tarts (like those mini pecan pies, about 1 inch in dia.) a chicken salad sandwhich, potato salad, regular salad, 2 chicken wings, and a big honkin' piece of cake. I'm guessing I was in the 40-50 points range, at least!!! I got an upset stomach from all the food I ate. And my stomach is still acting up this morning. it was over the corse of 10 hours though... I showed up to help around 10:00 that morning and we didn't leave until almost 8:00.

I did go to the gym when I got home last night... and then my roommate and I went walking and walked about 3 miles. I went swimming thid morning too... but I can't go to the gym tonight. I weigh in tomorrow and I'm SO scared. I think I may have earned like 6-8 points in activity yesterday... but that doesn't about make a dent in the damage done.

Bad bad me!!!

Lisa
Old 07-01-2002, 10:18 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

TONYA! We were posting at the same time... they're ADORABLE!
Old 07-01-2002, 10:34 AM   #6  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Happy Monday -- is that an oxymoron?

Jess, you have come a long way. You are undoubtedly looking better and feeling better than you did at your highest weight. You are even getting noticed by hot guys! It's tough sticking to such a long drawn-out process, but this is where the women are separated from the girls. You can do this! Go to the other meeting, because a supportive leader makes all the difference in the world. You may even want to call 1-800-weight watchers to let them know what a knob he is and how they are losing your money because of it at that meeting. You can do this!

Happy Canada Day SG!

Tilly, isn't it wonderful that you are so established in your good habits that you get sick when you cheat? I get sick too, and it keeps me on track, that's for sure. Your body is used to healthy lowfat nutritious foods in reasonable amounts and it lets you know that it doesn't like it. Congrats for having the tattletale tummy.

I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself. I ate like a pig on my vacation and gained no weight. I didn't lose either, but I didn't stay on points so I didn't expect to. I am attributing this to the weight lifting I've been doing. I've been following that 8 Minutes in the Morning program from Jorge Cruise, and I am feeling buff. I have defined biceps, which I have never had before, and my quads are starting to peek through. The theory behind Jorge's program is that since muscle mass requires more calories than fat, you will lose weight even faster and be better able to maintain a goal weight if you are pumped up. After 1.5 months, I have to say I'm inclined to agree. If anyone is looking to try weights at home, give this a go...it's a good one.

Aaron, my ten-month old is starting to really zoom across the floor with his crawling...I don't need to go the gym anymore for my workout. I so want to be a good health and fitness role model for him! That's what keeps me going on this many times!

Ok, enough rambling from me. Have an excellent day y'all.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:41 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Wow! I'm really glad you girls are here. I started eating last Thursday and haven't stopped since. I can't figure out what my problem is that I'm having such a hard time eating OP. Usually I slip up and then just move on and return to eating healthy but it's as though I've given myself license to eat everything I think of or see. Ugh!

Jess - go try the new class out. I think that if you had a supportive leader and a group you enjoy that you'd be less disappointed in your efforts.

Jayne - it is great that you are enjoying your work-outs so much. I never thought I'd say this, but I love working out!

Ali - Happy Canada Day!

Lisa - You may have eaten over points this weekend but it sounds like you got yourself back on track quickly by working out a little more than usual.

Did everyone have a nice weekend? Do any of the Americans have plans for the 4th?

Winter
Old 07-01-2002, 12:52 PM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi - I'm back!

Aaronsmom... that's awesome you didn't gain while you were away. That's an accomplichment all right! Yeah, it's weird.... I used to eat like that all the time...but now I get stomach cramps and it's awful... it'[s so true.... my body's just not used to high-fat foods and such large quantities.

Winter - hey you. Yeah, I'm going to Hampton Beach, NH for the 4th. Some friends have a place there... we went on Saturday and we're staying at this Duplex on the beach.... the Duplex next to us is a bunch of guys!!! We had fun Saturday.... so I'm going back for the 4th. As far as eating frenzies... I'm finding that summer is so hard.... I want to go out more because the weather's nice and there's always drinks and food around.

So, if anyone was following the Jay/Sean thing (I like Sean, but kissed his friend Jay, etc) - Sean called me Saturday night and left a message but said "Jay and I are going to a party in Brighton if you'd like to join us." So I was glad Sean called... but he said "Jay and I" plus.. I wonder why Jay didn't call. Weird. Either way though... I was glad they called and we might all hang out soon....

Friday I went to a party and got HIP HAPPY. I had 5 sangria's. It was just a good drunk.... I was dancing and singing and having a ball. I have this thing with roommates. There was a hottie there.... we call him Irish Dave, but he's got this short nerdy roommate named Gilbert (he looks like Harry Potter - although he's really sweet and fun). And of course Gilbert likes me... so I can't realy go for the roommate. I'm definately not interested in Gilbert. So I guess that's that. Moving on.....

I had a happening salad for lunch... but I used the cafeteria's honey dijon and I am oblivious to the nutritional content....

Is it Wednesday yet???????????????????????????????????

Lisa
Old 07-01-2002, 01:06 PM   #9  
One Sick Puppy

Well, I'm back again, this time in a much better mood. I was pretty grumpy this morning. I'm still kind of discouraged and not feeling like I'm losing, but talk to me in about a week (after TOM) and I'll probably be feeling even better.

I was looking at my calendar and I see that I'm paid through July 9 at my current WW meeting. Only two more crappy meetings left. And, if my leader is running the meetings, I probably won't even stay for them. Has anyone else ever switched meetings before? Is there anything that I need to take with me to my new meetings that I need to get from my old meeting? I don't suppose there probably is anything I need to take, but I keep thinking about my progress so far and how I don't want to feel like I'm starting all over. Of course, at the same time, it might be kind of nice to start all over and see what I was missing out on...

Ali--Have a good Canada Day! Sure wish our holiday this week fell on a Monday instead of a Thursday!

Lisa--You weren't bad, you were just enjoying yourself. Remember before--you know, before when you ate like that all the time? Sometimes when I pig out, I'll justify it by saying "This is one night in the last six months--I used to eat like this every night." Don't kick yourself unless it becomes a daily thing.

Aaronsmom--Yes, "Happy Monday" is an oxymoron. In fact, in the early morning, Happy Anyday is an oxymoron for me. Thanks for the advice. I'm not doubting that I can do lose the weight, I know I can, but I'm starting to get impatient. I need to re-read Thin for Life, it's what got me through the first few months on WW and hopefully will help me out again.

Winter--Hey, I've been where you are before with the eating. Is there any certain reason that you've been doing it? Are you getting tired of being "good" all the time? Does everything just sound way too good to pass up? Is it getting to be TOM (I ask this because I turn into an unstoppable eating machine around that time)? Don't stress too much over it. Weight loss is important to you and you'll eventually get back on the wagon and start where you left off.

If it works, I'm going to try to attach a picture of the cutest baby ever (yes, I'm biased). It's the one I went to see on Friday night. If it doesn't work, then you'll just have to take my word for it.

Will check in again later!
Old 07-01-2002, 01:07 PM   #10  
One Sick Puppy

Wow, that ended up being a HUGE picture. And not a very clear one. But you can see how sweet he is, right?
Old 07-01-2002, 01:44 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hey Ladies -

I've got a feeling that I'm going to be here a lot today.

Jess - I think going to a new meeting is an excellent decision. I like your advice to Lisa on the occasional overeating too. I need to think on that. And to answer your questions on my binge fest - I think the answer is YES to all of them.

Lisa - Hampton Beach and hotties next door. Sounds like a great time. Weird about the Sean/Jay thing. I'd totally be overanalyzing that for every nuance! (I know I'm seriously psycho). I don't know if you followed my Sean/overly friendly boy (Christian)saga but Christian sent me an e-mail today saying that Sean wanted to know if I was going to Summer Stage (55 bands, 3 stages) this weekend because he (Sean) and Julie (the woman he likes whose moving to L.A.) are going. Decided to pass on that. Just what I need out with a guy who likes me who I don't like, his best friend who I do like and the woman the best friend likes. That just spells disaster!

I've been thinking of ways to break this cycle of overeating that I've gotten into. I almost think that I'm really not going to even try until this Friday and just deal with the consequences then. I'm going to a Chris Issak concert tonight and I know I'll want to have some drinks and Thursday's the 4th so I was thinking that for the rest of today I'll try to eat well but have the drinks tonight, not worry about how many points on Tues and Wed and just concentrate on eating only healthy food like fruits, veggies, yogurt and chicken, survive the 4th and then start over with a week 1 attitude on Friday. Does this sound crazy? Has anyone else ever given themselves a week off and then gotten back OP?

Must do some work.

Later,

Winter
Old 07-01-2002, 02:30 PM   #12  

Hi everyone-I am here!!! Jess-I am in the same boat! I have been so good-exersizing and everything, and the scale hasn't moved!!! it is so frustrating, but I am hanging in there-everytime this has happened to me before, i have quit and then had to rejoin and lose the same weight over again-I won't quit this time!!! I have switched meetings before though-you may need to ask for your card so you can prove that you didn't miss any weeks....hang in there-we will do it!!!
Lisa-it doesn't sound that bad-it was over the whole day! And you exersized a ton-your 4th of july weekend sounds fun... we are having a small group of friends to our lake house to barbecue on thursday, and then the annual blowout party on saturday-apparently it has calmed down quite a bit compared to past years(before I was around), but it is basically a big keg party-usually over a hundred people-our friends with kids come early in the day, and in the evening things get more rowdy-we have a bonfire, etc. We will probably do a fair amount of tubing and waterskiing...DH used to be really involved-this year he isn't as involved b/c he doesn't live there any more so we don't have as many of our friends coming-but it should be fun nonetheless...(a long story-he owns this house on a lake which is now rented to friends-we live elsewhere...but we can use the house whenever b/c we are friends with the rentors-a sweet deal!)

Hey Winter-I've done that-given myself a week"off" but beware, it is hard to go back! And as they say, WW is a lifestyle, right? Yeah...ok....

hi to everyone else!
Old 07-01-2002, 03:10 PM   #13  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Can y'all tell I don't want to work????

Jess... ask him for your folder... that big white thing they write your weight in every week; not the little one we keep, but the big one they keep. It would be good to see how far you've come.

Winter... yes, I've been very interested in your Sean story as well. What is it with Sean's huh. Yeah, I'm over anaylzing it... thinking, well Sean called, not Jay - does that mean Sean's interested. But if he was - he wouldn't have invited me out with him AND Jay. but why didn't Jay call... does he not like me anymore... see, I'm just as psycho. See.... you're story sounds similar.... I know what you mean... why go if "She's" going. When is she leaving anyway? Not soon enough. Although... knowing me I'd still go.

Lori - sounds awesome. Can I go? He he. Where is the lake? I think you'll have a blast... sounds like a fun time. I'm hpoing we don't get those thunderstorms they're talking about. We can pray.... Hampton Beach won't be much fun with the rain... unlesss of course the boys want to keep us company!

So obvious I haven't recovered from my fun weekend... can't seem to get to work.

Lisa
Old 07-01-2002, 03:55 PM   #14  

Lisa-the more the merrier! You can come, and bring whoever you like!(But aren't you going to be in NH?)
What thunderstorms?? no storms!!!!
The lake is actually a reservoir in Marlboro-it was built by the city as a reservoir and then never used-so now it is recreational-it is called the Fort Meadow Reservoir....
Old 07-01-2002, 03:59 PM   #15  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Hey girls!

Happy Monday! Normally I would agree that "Happy Monday" is an oxymoron, but I am in such a good mood today, despite the horrible heat and humidity here. I had the BEST weekend, more fun than I have had in a long time. Here's the short version - Friday after work, my friend and I decided to have a bar crawl home from work, with the only rules being that we couldn't go anywhere we had ever been and we could only have one drink at each bar. So, we started walking, and about 6 hours later made it to our neighborhood! Now, we live about 4 1/2 miles from work, so we made a lot of stops in that time! Once we got close to home, I called the boy to see if he and his roommate wanted to meet us for a drink (I was quite tipsy by this point!) so I got to hang out with him unexpectedly. Saturday afternoon, the boy and I left for Milwaukee to go to Summerfest and see Tonic. We were at the fest for about 6 hours and had a blast, then met some friends of mine that happened to be in Milwaukee at the same time. Sunday, we drove home from Milwaukee (about an hour and a half), then I went to the Taste of Chicago with a friend (a big food fest) to watch some more bands. I finally sat down at about 6 pm last night for the first time all weekend!

I don't have a lot of time now that I spent all this time talking about me , but I wanted to say a few things...

Lisa - Sean didn't ask you to do something alone because he probably doesn't want to make Jay mad. Sean doesn't know you are interested, and from what he saw, you seemed to like Jay. So, you need to go out with them together to start showing interest in Sean! (Don't I sound like the expert?!)

Ali - Tell me about this date! Was it any good??

Lori - Your weekend plans sound awesome! Have a great time!

Winter - I'm a lifetimer and have been maintaining for 3 years now, and I often choose to go off plan at times. The entire 10 days I was in Italy I ate and drank whatever I felt like (which was a lot) and then got back on track when I got home. It only took me about 5 days to get back to the weight I was when I left. It's not a great idea for some, but if you are disciplined enough to get back on program, it should be okay.

Jess - Definitely change meetings!! And file a complaint with ww. They shouldn't let an idiot like that work for them.

Jayne - So you just do an 8 minute weights tape in the morning? I definitely don't do enough weight training and would love to give that a try! Thanks for the idea!

It's hard to imagine after my busy weekend that I will be partying again in a few days! Wed. is my b-day, so I am meeting friends for drinks at 3 when I get out of work and then heading to the big fireworks display we have here. Thursday I am just going to hang out at the beach. There are a lot of parties going on, but I seem to be the only one of my friends that has to work on Friday.
Boo!

Wow, I just wrote a book... sorry!
Closed Thread