Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #1  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Default Glad to be here again!

Hey all.
I'm been here before but I am determined to stay the course this time.
I am 49, married and have a teenage child. We have been working hard in our house to eat healthy and exercise - but we always seem to fall off the wagon and then stay off. So this time I am committed to learning how to eat for nutrition and not for sadness, boredom, celebration, or any old reason.

So a quick rundown: I was not overweight (BMI 21) as a teen and young adult - but I was told I was!!! And so I have always been a dieter. When I got married in my 30's I started to put on weight. Every night was date night. You know what I mean....bread, entree, salad, dessert....Not a bad way to eat but it wasn't right for me. By the time I got pregnant I had put on >20lbs. And by the time she was due to be born I was well over 200lbs. More than 95 lbs above my college weight. 6 of those was baby. In the last 14 years I have lost and gained the same 35 lbs over and over. I get part way to my goal and for some reason think I can eat anyway I want and I can stay in control. HMMMM. That is a Big Fat Lie.

So here I am. Determined to learn how to eat properly for me. Determined to celebrate life with my family and friends without obsessing about food. Determined to not use cake to dry my tears. Determined to prove to myself and to show my daughter that it is possible to care for your body each and every day.

I am doing The Fat Smash Diet. Started 7/9. Phase 1. 1st mini-goal is 20lbs. Which will get me out of the obese category. Woohoo.

I would love to have some companionship on this road. Which is why I am here.

Best to all of you.
Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #2  
This is my year!

S/C/G: 291/252/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking Yah, yah I'm still online!!! LOL

Okay, this is my LAST post for today.

I just found your first post, so I had to comment.

We sound like we are similar in mind set, so ya' know?
We need to be weight loss or rather healthy lifestyle buddies!!!

Hope to see you online tomorrow.

KELLI

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #3  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Okay, this is my LAST post for today.

I just found your first post, so I had to comment.

We sound like we are similar in mind set, so ya' know?
We need to be weight loss or rather healthy lifestyle buddies!!!

Hope to see you online tomorrow.

KELLI

Catch you tomorrow!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ash and welcome to 3FC!

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Ash, what is the Fat smash diet? I've never heard of it and would you recommend it. Is it easy to follow and can it be followed by someone on a low budget. Thanks

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #6  
my beautiful mess

Hey Michelle. Thanks for the warm welcome. I read a little of your story and checked out your pictures. WOW! You inspire me. I am in awe of your workout schedule. I know I can do it but don't really want to. Do you follow a specific eating plan? Thanks again.

Nikki, Fat Smash is simpler than some plans. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies. 3 chicks reviewed it here. Just go to the main 3 chicks site and search the articles. (tried to post the link but I am too new to do that. LOL)
Buy the book. It can be confusing to read but there is lots of help with it here in the forum. It's got its own section in Diet Central with recipes. Let me now what you think.
Ash
Old 07-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #7  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemidst View Post
Hey Michelle. Thanks for the warm welcome. I read a little of your story and checked out your pictures. WOW! You inspire me. I am in awe of your workout schedule. I know I can do it but don't really want to. Do you follow a specific eating plan? Thanks again.
Thank you very much.

I do calorie counting. My caloric daily goals are no less than 1200 and no more than 1600. I do strive to do calorie cycling, taking in different amounts each day, and I try to have an overall weekly average of 1400 daily. I also eat 5 small meals a day and I never eat within 3 hours of my bedtime.

I hope this helps.

Hugs
Michelle

Last edited by Onederchic; 07-14-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #8  
my beautiful mess

Michelle,

Thanks. I will look into calorie cycling. No eating 3 hours before bedtime - I am impressed. A version of that is on my list for the future. The DH comes home at 8 and I like to eat with him but I go to bed early. So just have to figure out how to do it and eat with my honey.

Ash
Old 07-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #9  
Resident Pixie

inthemidst -

Yeah my boyfriend doesn't get off work until midnights and though I would love to eat with him, right now it is more important for me that I focus on what I need to do to be healthier and slimmer so he normally eats alone as do I though sometimes I will have a small, low calorie, no/low fat snack while he is eating. Like so ff cottage cheese or a piece of fruit or something along those lines.

Last edited by Onederchic; 07-14-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #10  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkychic View Post
inthemidst -

Yeah my boyfriend doesn't get off work until midnights and though I would love to eat with him, right now it is more important for me that I focus on what I need to do to be healthier and slimmer so he normally eats alone as do I though sometimes I will have a small, low calorie, no/low fat snack while he is eating. Like so ff cottage cheese or a piece of fruit or something along those lines.
You make excellent points. I will continue to ponder. Luckily the DH is out of town this week...so it has been easier to eat earlier. Lucky for me he eats what I eat! Thanks, Ash
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #11  
No description available.

Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more. I'm glad you are here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #12  
my beautiful mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more. I'm glad you are here!
Thanks. It's been a good day. Mostly because of the wonderful people here. Ash