Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 01:13 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #183

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday..... Weigh ins / Wacky/ Way to go Wednnesday
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 06-30-2002, 03:26 AM   #2  

Baylee... thanks for putting a smile back on this face of mine.

I would love to see your inside/out screen room/tent.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:29 AM   #3  
a work in progress...

Default I'm sorry...

2cute...I did not mean to imply that your kids are not great parents, I guess I was just responding to your anxiety...please forgive me!

I'm off to the gym for aquacize this morning...

see ya later...
Old 06-30-2002, 09:45 AM   #4  

Kat...you have nothing to apologize for... or anyone else.
You are right... I was in HIGH anxiety when I posted and I totally understand everyones suggestions were said in love. I love you and appreciate your love and concern. Like I said earlier. Let's just move on.

I am headed for the lake myself. I will be back later tonight.
Enjoy your swim.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:50 AM   #5  

Okay, Baylee, you got your wish...it is so "breezy" here you can't stay on your feet.

But that heat yesterday was horrible. In a couple months we will be back to complaining about the cold and snow!!!!
Old 06-30-2002, 11:09 AM   #6  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!!!

Just a quick note to let you all know I am alive and well and back to the site! I'll catch up with you all later, but I'm going to read some posts really fast and try to see what everyone has been doing.

Andria
Old 06-30-2002, 12:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Default Pretty and ugly

Hi friends
As I went for my morning walk I saw a pretty sun, it was all orange and yet it was all due to the smoke from the AZ fires. My home is about a 3 hours drive from these places but still it does hurt to see this.
Also my son has asthma and this is really causing him to have trouble, he stays inside most of the time. He is only six .
We are ofF to church in a little while so I'll check on you all lighter.
Joanne in AZ

Last edited by joe anne; 06-30-2002 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2002, 01:19 PM   #8  

Okay, Baylee, it is now VERY windy and HOT!!!!! Sometimes Minnesota can really test ones patience.

I have been looking at wedding dresses...No, I don't have anyone to marry but it doesn't hurt to be ready!!!
Old 06-30-2002, 01:43 PM   #9  

Talking Checking in...

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick check-in before I'm off to run some errands with my husband.

Today has been a good day thus far. Although I should be slapped on the hand for doing it on a Sunday, I weighed myself! The scale registered about a 23 pound loss (down three pounds since I last posted my weight)!

Last night, I convinced my husband to walk with me to return a movie instead of drive. He acted as though I was nuts because it's a 35 minute walk one way but I convinced him to go; it was nice. Lots of exercise and company. I rewarded myself with picking up "Monster's Ball" while I was there. I'm gonna watch it tonight.

2cute... I'm glad you're feeling better today!

Oh... gotta go. My husband's waiting. Hello to everyone! Welcome to everyone who hasn't been here in a while (since before I joined the group)!

Talk to everyone soon,
Sara
Old 06-30-2002, 03:28 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

I'm home be back later
Old 06-30-2002, 03:48 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

Gotta LOVE this quick reply thingy...I did my aqua class this am, food is back on track...after a brief fling with some chocolate chip cookies...fruit and veggie overload today! I'm off for another swim at my sister's pool, mostly I'll just work on my tan there!

Welcome back to our long lost friends...good to have you back!

later, gang...
Old 06-30-2002, 06:22 PM   #12  

Back from the lake. It was even hot there.....

Watered my plants...I have some tomato's that are orangish...yippeee.......
Old 06-30-2002, 08:09 PM   #13  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey again

Where to start... Where have I been should be a good one.

Mostly life has been happening around here. My car got the Oreo filling treatment and since then I've been begging my way to work and back. One of the guys I work with lent me his extra vehicle, and it has been a lot easier since. Driving a vehicle without A/C isn't exactly fun in this part of the country, though. My vehicle will be repaired and returned to me in about another 7-9 weeks now. I've been working overtime and doing about anything else I can think of to come up with my deductible. We weren't responsible for the accident, but the other driver was uninsured. Eventually, after my insurance company sues him, I'm supposed to be reimbursed, but I think pigs have a better chance of sprouting wings and flying. $7800 worth of damage from an estimated 15 mph rear-ending! His plowing the car into the Suburban in front might have had something to do with that.

Enough of that whining.

Water aerobics is back up, and I've been there having a blast! Yes, as many of you have also mentioned, I'm the biggest person in the class. Oh well! It is good for me. That endorphin rush hitting about 20 minutes in is worth a world of Prozac.
This year I added resistance gloves so my upper body is getting a better workout. They cost a whopping $6, and have been a wonderful investment. Also, our pool allows us to wear exercise bras and t-shirts with our swimsuits. I'm taking full advantage of the shirt option and enjoying not having to wear so much sunscreen.

The water workout is helping my knee a lot. I am so tired of not being able to walk comfortably and my back hurting constantly because I'm favoring the one leg still. I can feel this knee becoming stronger on an almost daily basis. By the weekend I do have to put it up, though. The price we pay, right?

So, I'm back to where I began on this board and a little beyond. Funny thing is, I might weigh more, but I'm still physically smaller. Guess all that exercise I kept trying to do was worthwhile. Now, food... I would like to say it isn't bad, but it isn't good either. I've been doing a great job of maintaining, especially considering we had a house guest for almost four weeks. He is a wonderful friend who believes in pampering us the entire visit. We ate so many decadent meals I refuse to tell you about. That would NOT be supportive! But it is time for me to concentrate on all the little extras I've been allowing to sneak in. And funny thing, I haven't been drinking nearly enough water.

So, first goal is to get my water back in line. I'm giving myself next week to get that one going. Second goal is to get journaling again. Time to face the music, so to speak. Exercise is taken care of until the end of August, and by then I should be strong enough to walk again.

Ready, set, go!

BTW, it is cool to see several new names. I'm really thrilled to see so many familiar ones, though. Will be fun getting to know everyone all over again.

Andria
Old 06-30-2002, 09:10 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all not much going on. I didn't win any money lost $20.00 wich is all I alloted myself
Old 06-30-2002, 09:12 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

The buffet wasn't worth what it cost. The motel did have a hot tub that was nice but Dh watched boxing on TV most of the night.
Closed Thread