Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 AM   #1  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Default What's your anti-aging routine?

I'm turning 28 tomorrow, which really isn't a big deal...

... except I was looking through all these pictures of me from the last 3 years and my boyfriend is like "that doesn't even look like you!" I said, "why, you think I have aged a lot in 3 years?" He just looked me and smiled one of those smiles that says.. I'm not saying ANYTHING!

I naturally have dark circles under my eyes, always have. I think I have low iron plus deep-set eyes... but I think they are looking worse.

I also have a really "expressive" face and raise my eyebrows all the time.. now those forehead lines are staying.

Anyways, I've had naturally good skin my whole life and never even needed to wash it daily for it to look good. I've started sporadically moisturizing in the morning or night but not frequently.

I guess I want to know what others do to protect their skin, their youth, etc.

Maybe I should've started this awhile ago but better late than never I guess!
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 AM   #2  
~jus' being me~

Being an Aussie I am very aware of the sun and stay out of it as much as possible. I dont know if drinking water actually helps (I read a study that it makes no difference to skin tone etc) but it makes me feel good. Apart from that, get enough sleep & the rest is in the hands of genetics (or a good plastic surgeon )!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:38 AM   #3  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni View Post
Being an Aussie I am very aware of the sun and stay out of it as much as possible. I dont know if drinking water actually helps (I read a study that it makes no difference to skin tone etc) but it makes me feel good. Apart from that, get enough sleep & the rest is in the hands of genetics (or a good plastic surgeon )!
Ahh, I'm moving to Australia in October and I'm very nervous about sun exposure!

Here in Korea, the locals are maniacal about avoiding the sun... sun umbrellas, long sleeves all year, only exercising at night... their sunscreen even has skin bleach in it! But, they have great skin and look young forever so... I guess it's working?
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #4  
Searching

I sat next to a VP of skin care company on a business trip. He said the cheaper lotions are just as good as the department store brands and in some ways better because they throw more money at ***. My favorite products are on the top of his recommend list.

Avenno for washing my face: I alternate between calming and exfoliating
Olay lotions: I have used PrOX and Regenerist, the Regenerist in my opinion is the more harsh and skin changing (that doesn't mean better!). You may want to look at filler for your forehead, I am very expressive and I have some of those line too and this has helped. Remember after you use these products to keep your face as neutral as possible while it absorbs.

As someone already said SUNSCREEN!

And in the end a lot of it is genetics.
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Oil of Olay.

Staying out of the sun or covering up/sunscreen if in the sun.

Exercise.

Yoga.

Water.

Sleep.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:10 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Put me with Seagirl on routine. I do not practice Yoga but probably should. Other than that, yep, that's what I do.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

In a few weeks, I'll turn 48. I've been told I don't look anywhere near my age I stay out of the sun as much as possible, drink plenty of water, take my supplements & vitamins. I use Olay products (have used them for years)...Olay Foaming Face Wash, Olay Refreshing Toner, Olay Anti-Wrinkle Lotion, Olay Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream. I also use Smoky Mountain Minerals mineral makeup, which has improved my skin immensely.
I believe good diet & exercise also play an important role.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:41 PM   #8  
~jus' being me~

joyra you will love Australia!!! We have a very multicultural community in Sydney and I notice the Asians are very sun aware here too (umbrella's in the sun etc) - and as you said - their skin is amazing!!!!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Happy Birthday Joyra!

I use Jason products on my face, the Ester C cream is great.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #10  

Height: 5'11"

I use a combination of products. I'm 48 and don't really have any wrinkles, other than a few crinkles at the corners of my eyes when I laugh. I use a moisturizer with sunscreen daily, and I don't sunbathe. I use mineral makeup. I alternate cleansers between Olay Regenerest and something foamy by Aveeno. I really don't do anything fancy, but I think the sunscreen is the most helpful.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #11  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm 44 and only have a few lines around my eyes. I don't do anything and people think I'm in my mid 30's. Its getting harder to tow that lie now as my hair has decided to fall out in front and on top. Unfortunately it appears to be genetic as my mom, sister and grandmother all seem to have this in varying degrees. I've discovered wigs.....now I can be anyone I want, so there is a bright side, LOL
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote