Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #1  
Lrg & not so in charge...

Height: 5'8"

Default Going out on a limb...

So I am going out on a limb here and decided to break out of my shell to introduce my self! I am normally a shy person and moving to a new state has really shown me that. I came across this site by pure accident and thought to myself, "that's what I need!" I have let myself become a chubs and want to do something about it. Motivation is what I need and support from people who know how I feel and won't judge.

Here we go!! I'm a newlywed from NC! I love to go to the beach but refuse to do so before 4pm. Due to the fact that I am required to be half naked in public in order to swim! Half naked to me still involves men's swimming trunks and a t-shirt! I love to read and do crafts when I get the chance. I am the queen of useless information and try not to show my nerdy side to often by sharing that info.

I don't know what my goal yet would be for myself but I have a feeling it would be a lot. It's been tough to see myself like this, since like some people I have not always been this way. I am rather embarrassed to go home and visit my family and friends since I have changed so much, in what I feel is a short amount of time. Crazyness. I am ashamed to even know how much I weigh, cause I am not sure. I look away at the doctors office and don't own a scale. I actually don't know how to go about all of this, and I mean ALL.... Where do I start? What do I do? How can I change? It could drive you mad!

I think I made the right decision to join this community. This is the most I have ever told about myself in a long time. Makes me feel better really, if I can admit out loud that I need to change and that yes, I am a fatty...then maybe that means I really am ready to make that leap and do something about it.

Wow ladies, this has been great. Thanks for listening to my ramblings, hope to see you around!
StaryTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:12 AM   #2  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC. I'm still more of a lurker than a poster, but this forum has become invaluable to me.

Queen of useless information.. that made me chuckle. I'm somewhere in that royal family as well.. bit of a geek myself
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Hi! Welcome to 3FC!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:14 AM   #4  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:53 AM   #5  

Best of luck, your sounding positive and that will definately help you. I too have woke up and realised...nows time to do something. x
CurvyBlond19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #6  
~jus' being me~

Welcome!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Glad you found us! Welcome!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #8  
Samantha

S/C/G: 200/159/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome and good luck on your journey. We've all been in your shoes at one time or another and we share your feelings.

If you are going to be serious about losing weight, you need to know your staring point weight. Not looking at your weight doesn't change it, but shows you are in denial - and we've all been their too. In fact, sometimes I've dieted for several weeks before I step back on the scale to take away some of the shock.

Last, remember that your weight doesn't define who you are. Everyday remind yourself of all the good qualities that really define who you are. We get so focused on our weight that we forget to see all of the positives.
Samantha100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #10  
Lrg & not so in charge...

Height: 5'8"

Whew!! Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
StaryTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #11  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You have indeed found a wonderful resource for your journey. It doesn't matter how many lbs. you want to lose, we have chickies here in the same place, and chickies that have lost LOTS of weight and kept it off.

You absolutely CAN do this! And, hanging around here really does help!

I hope you will post often so we get to know you!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #12  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I love this place. It is a big help!GoodLuck!
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote