Old 06-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Default The Metabolism Miracle

I asked this under general diets, but since it is low carb, I probably should ask it here. I started Day 1 of Step 1 yesterday. I was wondering if anyone else at 3FC is doing it?
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #2  

This program is so similar to Atkin's and some other lowcarb programs that have or haven't worked for me in the past. I've learned from this book and reading on the Blog on The Metabolism Miracle website and on Facebook why. I've learned why exercise is so important and why you have to give a lowcarb diet especially those with Induction or Phases time to work. The body works so different for lowcarbers than it does for other diets because you are allowing the pancreas and the liver to begin to function properly. If you low carb and do not exercise you burn both fat and muscle, however, as you become more and more active or even exercise on lowcarb you will begin to lose more fat. This is why the measuring tape is the best friend of a lowcarber instead of the scales. This is also why lowcarbers look like they have lost more weight than a person who uses calorie counting etc even the calorie counter will show more weightloss on the scales than the lowcarber. I absolutely love lowcarbing. I have come to realize that if you lowcarb, it doesn't really matter what plan your on as long as it is a plan that works for you. I am convinced that if we stick with the plan that works for us, we will see the results we want. Just my personal thought on the matter.

Kim - You are a real inspiration to me. I love and appreciate being able to read what you share. Thanks
Old 07-03-2009, 05:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235 / 189 / 165

Great points, Trish.

I spent several weeks on a plateau shortly after starting low-carb eating, but my pants and skirts were getting looser. Finally the scale budged, but it took almost 4 weeks to do so. I was really glad I kept with it.

I've not added as much exercise as I'd like to - working on that as the next baby step, since the low carb eating is becoming second nature to me now.
sarahinparis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I was checking this out in Amazon and may try it on my kindle reader. It was up there in the top 10 downloads.
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #5  

Default My Experience with this plan

I have finally found a plan and way of eating that works for me. I've incorporated Atkins with The Metabolism Miracle Plan and it is the easiest W.O.E. I've ever done in my life. I just finished week 1 of the 8 week Step 1 phase and I've lost 4 lbs. But what is better than that is I feel great. I'm not tired all the time. I wake up ready to get up in the morning. I do not experience any hunger and I exercise 6 days a week and actually look forward to it. I am more active. I basically eat lowcarb with a little bit of limited 5g carb every 5 hours although I don't always use the full 5g carb everytime.

I just had to share this because I've had such a hard time finding what would work for me. It isn't always about willpower, sometimes it is just finding what works for our system. This plan actually reminds me of the old original Overeater's Anonymous plans we had years ago with a few changes. Example many of the things we used as protein back then such as milk nonfat or fat had too many carbs. So it is not allowed. I hope anyone who finds it difficult to get on any kind of a plan will check into this and see if it will work for you. I'm sure glad I did.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Trish how is the plan working for you still? I just bought the book on friday, read the entire thing in the same day and I'm excited! I have tried tons of plans...I tried atkins so many times I can't count and yes I'd get results but the 20 grams of carbs was hard to stick with and I missed so much food. The induction phase didn't allow me to eat low carb breads or pastas or nuts etc so when I read The metabolism miracle it made sooo much sense! I can have nuts and avocadoes (my ultimate favorite food, lol) and as long as I stick with the 5x5 rule I can have low carb bars, breads, snacks, etc that sounds so much easier than any low carb plan I've ever tried. So I read the entire book yesterday and I'm ready to start the plan today. Any tips on what has been working for you so far? Anyone else on the plan?
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #7  

Spryng,
I am looking forward to hearing tips also. My book should get here by Monday. I have basically been doing my own lowcarb and am feeling better but would like to have a plan. Can't wait to read it. Right now my plan is more like Atkins: Meat, vegetables a little cheese or cream. I do have an occasional diet coke(saved me today from all the desserts that were calling my name) and I like to have my tea but do add some sweet n low. Is this okay? So far I am losing and stay in ketosis.
Tracey
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #8  

Morning Tracey, then I believe you are gonna Love the metabolism miracle, I'm already in love with it just after 24 hrs, lol... You'll find it's got much more variety than atkins and you won't have to worry about whether you are in ketosis or not, in fact you wont have to do much carb counting at all. The only carbs I have to count are the low carb breads, tortillas, snacks, etc because per her book you can have any of those as long as it's 5 net carbs or less per serving and you can only have one in 5 hour increments, so if I have a low carb slice of bread with my breakfast I have to wait at least 5 hrs before having another 5 g or less item so my insulin levels never spike You'll get the full picture once you read the book but basically it's so much easier than atkins and many more things you are allowed to eat without counting like nuts and avocadoes etc, I'm in love, lol.. I weighed in yesterday to get my starting weight but I'm not weighing again for a couple weeks because I know the first week you usually lose quite a bit with water weight etc coming off and week two can be slow so I'm making myself pace myself with the scale. I'm usually so obsessive about it but I don't want to get too excited or discouraged by numbers this time. I just want to lose some weight and feel better about myself already. But I'm sure everyone here is wanting the same thing
Old 08-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 146/144/118

Height: 5"2

Hi I am also doing the MM. I did it in the beginning of July and felt great, went on vacation and..... I am also starting today. There is some really good info. on lo-carb friends under other plans. Also the author has a site called the metabolism miracle with a good pod cast. Hope this helps-Kim
tchermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #10  

thanks kim! Where is the lo carb friends thread? on this site? I'll go look for it, I'm looking for all the tips and info I can on this plan. I can really see me doing this plan long term
Old 08-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #11  

I can't wait to receive my book. Like you I want to stick with a plan and be able to live with it. Tired of yo yoing. The 5 hour waiting makes sense since I have read Mastering Leptin. He talks alot about insulin and since he includes starchy carbs in every meal he recommends the 5 hour wait period so the body has time to do its job.
traceym1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 172/170/135

Height: 54

Hi Everyone. I am on day 4 of the MM Diet and really am excited. The first three days, as the books says, I felt kinda of crappy, and had dull headache..
But, today, starting to feel good and have a lot of energy. Hope to hear back from you all and how you are doing through the first 8 weeks.
TRINERKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #13  

Default Sorry I didn't see these.

I'm sorry I haven't been on 3fc Low Carb threads in a long time so I didn't see these posts and questions. Last time I had checked no one had responded. I didn't finish MM. I went on another program for a while and it didn't work out for me either. However, I finally settled on Atkins Plan and it is going well for me. The reason being that I actually think it is better for me. I like being more in control of the fats that I eat and don't want to use the margarine low cal types and it turns out that Atkins just seems to flow better for me.

I have read up on the MM thread on another thread and it does seem to be working for them. I hope your journey is going well.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Day 9 here and doing great! I read the book and swear it was written just for me!!! The cravings are gone. My pants are looser and the worry and guilt is out the door. There is a MM chat board at

http://mmfriends.boardhost.com/

There are over 250 people on MM that post and you'll find lots of great info there. There is no www. in front of that link, so don't think it was a typo like I did.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/202/120

Height: 5'

Default Just started

I have just started this program so can't give any results but glad to hear that are others I can talk to about it. Perahps we can all help each other. I have just found this website and it looks very welcoming and informative.
hayleysgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote