UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #1  
touchmytoes

Default frumpy fashion

I dont know about anyone else but ive been trying lately to shop for my hols, and also to shop to suit the weather as its been so warm!

But one thing...i suit nothing that is really in fashion at the moment!

I cant really wear the leggings as they make my bum look saggy.
I cant really wear the little denim skirt cus of the cellulite and I cant really get away with some of the little dresses!! its hard cus with every outfit you dont look good in it knocks ur confidence a little bit more!

are there some fashion fail safes? i cant wear tracksuit bottoms to work but im open to some suggestions to feel good?
Old 06-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #2  
this one's for life

S/C/G: 141/139/120

Height: 5'4"

How about a long tunic style shirt/blouse/minidress on top, with leggings on the bottom? That way your bum/thighs are covered, and the top is nice and flowy so it's comfortable. And cute!!
chickennugget126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #3  
touchmytoes

yeah good idea, just bought a dress that may look good over leggings.
its just rubbish isnt it cus fashion is and always will be for slim people i think.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'3"

That's why I prefer shopping in winter when big jumpers are in!

I got some really nice linen type trousers in Next a few weeks ago and got some 3/4 sleeve t shirts in Dorothy Perkins which I've been wearing for work. No trendy shops I'm afraid but good everyday stuff.

I've had real trouble trying to get t shirts this year as 90% of the ones in the shops are high neck and they don't work well when you are very blessed in the bra department. A little bit of clevage diverts attention away from the belly!!
AngelD is offline   Reply With Quote