Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #1  
jacky4u

S/C/G: 275/275/140

Height: 5'9''

Red face need support!!

Hello! my name is jackie. i used to be fit, active and loving life. ive gained over a hundred pounds after i had my son (6yrs ago) and for the life of me, cant lose it. the sad thing is, because of my schooling background, i know everything about fitness and nutrition. i started running in jan 08 and lost a quick 40lbs, was well on my way and then hit with a serious medical issue. july 08, i had a 12lb tumor removed..... and i had to stop exercising and never have been able to get back my motivation. ive gained all my weight back. im now in a situation where i cant put it off any longer. i dont have any room to keep failing either. this fall, my life is about to get more hectic than i can handle at my current weight and fitness. i am looking for support and encouragment and i'd like to be able to give the same to others.
thank you for reading my post and i look forward to hearing from you..
jacky4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #2  
Mom23Boys

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5'8"

I'm with you girl. I have 100 lbs to lose too. I gained 90 lbs with my 1st child who is now 8.5 years old. I realize that I now have 4 children and haven't really had the time to devote myself to losing weight with being pregnant and nursing all the time -- but I finally got my girl, who is now 19 months and I haven't lost a pound since that initial 15 lbs came off when I came home from the hospital. I've been doing Zumba, step aerobics and walking 3-5 days/week for months and haven't lost a pound. I also walked last summer for over an hour everyday, and never lost a pound. My body is very stubborn. I have also schooled myself on nutrition and I eat like a thin person, but my body is very stubborn. My doctor told me that I need to forgive my body for now b/c it thinks it's going to get pregnant again, but I don't want to use that as an excuse. I have an appt with a new dr on July 1. I would love some prayer, support and encouragement. I just want to get back to being me now. Life is good, except for the weight. I have everything I have ever wanted, and now I want a nice body too.
Mom23Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 279/236/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi,

I started my life style change in April, didn't join here until May. I'm a little shorter then you (5'4") and I weighed 279 pounds. I know how hard it is to lose weight with different obstacles. Life happens. You will find a lot of support and information here. I find myself coming here everyday and learn something new each time. Keep in mind that everyday is a new day and take one day at a time. You can make the changes you need to.
whispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I think persistence and support are key. I made a new year’s resolution in January to lose weight, and I’ve only gained this year. I use my husband’s eating habits as an excuse to not eat well instead of encouraging him to be healthy. You need people in the same boat as you (insert ‘us’). I think by using this forum as a ‘support group’, you may find it’s easier to stick to it – especially if you join a challenge or start a group so there are people to hold you accountable for your decisions at dinner time, and your motivation to exercise.

I hope by joining us you start to see the support and results you’re looking for. Good luck!

Last edited by Shawski; 06-24-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Shawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #5  
jacky4u

S/C/G: 275/275/140

Height: 5'9''

hello everyone! i already feel some inspiration just from reading the the replies. i have new hope that if i spend a little time on here everyday, it will give me that lil extra something to push myself a lil harder each day to achieve my goal. the hardest part for me is getting back into a workout routine, staying motivated beyond 4 weeks. if i hit that 4 week mark, my body seems to shift and i start to look forward to my daily exercise.
mom23boys, keep your head up! hopefully the new doc will have a more positive outlook for you. ill remember you in my prayers tonight. i hope to see you on here in the future.
jacky4u is offline   Reply With Quote