Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181.5/176/130

Height: 5'5

Default My story

I just turned 25 and I feel like I'm wasting my 20's by being overweight and reclusive. I've wanted to lose weight for as long as I can remember no matter if I was 150 lbs or more. I now weigh in at 175 lbs- my highest ever. This is from binge eating and compulsive overeating. My motivation is only in my head and never results in action- so frustrating! Being at my highest weight is awful and I'm finally trying to wake myself up! Thought I should share so I have people to be accountable to in hopes of being successful this time! Thanks! So far the plan is to cut out all the junk food I eat and hit the gym. I've had a membership for years and go through periods of working out but can't stay motivated for any length of time.
GoWithTheFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, gowiththeflow! I'm also in my 20's and my highest weight (a few years ago) was 175, so I'm right there with you. I always, always, always wanted to lose weight and would go to sleep thinking "ok, tomorrow I'll eat better and exercise", but of course never really followed through.

This time was different. No crazy aha moment, no embarrassing story, just woke up and did it. It took a little time and I'm still adjusting my food and exercise, but I'm fully committed to reaching my goal weight and staying there for the rest of my life. What works for me is a complete plan, not just saying I'll eat better and exercise, but writing down everything I eat on thedailyplate, eating fewer processed foods, cooking every day, bringing lunch to work/school, exercising every day, and not letting myself get away with any excuses. Of course, everyone is different and that's just what works for me!

You definitely can do this! This website is an awesome resource and I've learned so much from everyone here so make sure to visit often! Congrats on starting your journey!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

How fortunate that you have learned such an important lesson at such a young age (I wish I had learned it at 25). YUP - all the thinking in the world will not take one lb off your body. ACTION is required. And, motivation isn't enough to successfully lose weight - COMMITMENT is required!
And you mentioned that other magical word - ACCOUNTABILITY!

I look forward to reading of your progress
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181.5/176/130

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the support!! I went to the gym today for the first time in ages so I'm feeling good about that! I'm definitely still working on my game plan but I appreciated your comments
GoWithTheFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

I'm going to recommend that you join a daily thread. Pop in every day and read and post what you've been up to. I think you'll be nicely surprised by how motivating that is.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #6  
I do this for ME

S/C/G: 235/222/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi! Like you, the same thinking brought me to this forum. I'll be 23 in July and this is the heaviest I have weighed ever. I had the same feeling that I'm wasting my youth being over weight. It's pretty awful especially since many of the others in their early twenties are going around wearing the cute clothes! Haha. I'm glad you joined here and I hope you find all the support that you need. I've seen multiple instances where people have called others out on the excuses they make for not doing like they should and not following their plan, so you will have no problem finding someone to hold you accountable. Hopefully this will help stick to the plan. I'd also recommend getting a buddy to go with you to the gym and following any diet you plan on using to help you. Many people find that helpful. Good work meeting your goal!
Remy Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/189.5/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Good luck!

I wish that thinking burned calories at a high rate but that is not the way it is

To succeed at anything you first have to have the desire then committment then action. I hope you find the motivation you need to make the changes you need to make. I will look for future updates on your progress.

God bless!
~gloria
dietingdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/186/130

Height: 5'3''

this is pretty much the same story as me but ill be turning 21 soon. and im in the 170's and i do have a hard time with consistancy. how are you doing so far? what are you meal and exercise plans?
emma1101 is offline   Reply With Quote