Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-15-2009, 06:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

Default Strapless Plus Size Bras?

Help! Where can I find strapless plus sized bras? I am a size 44D. All though in some brands I can wear a 42D. So last week I bought this kickarse dressy tank top blouse that has spaghetti straps that criss cross. So I can't wear a bra that has straps. I don't have one and I need one ASAP!

So I went to Walmart, no luck, their strapless selection only went up to 40band. I tried Target already, nothing. I checked out Dillards today and their 42D was way smaller than the 42D I own that fits and I couldn't even pull it together to get it hooked! I would probably have to wear a 46 in that brand... but of course the biggest band they carry was only the 42. The sales lady there told me to try Walmart!!! I told her I had and had no luck. And she sympathetically said, "And I heard Catherine's even stopped carrying strapless." WTF? Why? I hadn't even thought of that place. You would think with summertime around here, Catherine's would at least have them!!

So then I tried Younkers, no luck of course. We don't have a whole lot of options in my town. Tomorrow I'm going to try Sears, Von Maur, Gordmans and I'm going to stop by Catherine's for the chance this lady at Dillard's was wrong. But I don't have high hopes for these remaining places. So if not, there is a Layne Bryant with the Caquie(sp?) Intimates about 3 1/2 hours away. And there is a regular Layne Bryant about an hour away... but I don't even know if regular Layne Bryants carry bras? I've never been to one. So I think I might have to make a road trip ... just to find a strapless bra!

I would just order online... but these days now I like to try on a brand's size: 42D, 44D & 44C before I purchase one, to make sure I get the proper fit since all brands seem to be a bit differnt. Or does anybody know of a online company that has an excellent return policy????? Like the LLBean or Zappos return policies! They are awesome, no fees to return things and get replacements shipped out!

So any info/tips would help!? Sorry this was meant to be a simple question but i'm so frustrated in this search I had to vent a bit too! It's hard enough to find a regular bra in my size! But this tank is sooo worth it! Oh well, maybe by the time I find one, I will have lost a few more lbs and it will look even better on me!

Thank you!

Last edited by Platinum; 06-15-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #2  

Biggerbras.com herroom.com and barenecessities.com should carry strapless in your size. I can't speak to return policies.

IIRC 42D is the plus size herroom uses for measurements on their comments (this will make sense when you see their bra listings), so if it were me I'd start there.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

Height: 5'6"

Lane Bryant has a convertible bra that I adore. I was a 42DDD and this bra sits in the same spot on my body whether I have the straps attached or am wearing it strapless. Only strapless bra I have ever worn that does not end up somewhere around my waist by the end of the day.

http://www.lanebryant.com/pagebuilde...743792&s19c=11
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

Would the bra at Dillard's have fit in the cups if you could get the band around? You could get some of those little bra extender things if you were only short by a couple of inches. Here is a link; look near the bottom for the extenders: http://tinyurl.com/kp8qs7
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.4/ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

thanx guys for the tips! I found one at Gordmann's in my size, but i'm not took thrilled with it.... I think I might just make that road trip to the Layne Bryant next Monday on my day off and go try some on. That 5 way bra looks really nice! That gives me hope!
Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #6  
Searching

Torrid has them too.
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote