Old 06-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #1  

Default New weight watchers calculator

Hi,

To those who have this, please tell me if you like it?

My understanding is that the cost should be around $10.00 and that it is very simple to use.

I can't go to meetings right now (Medical issues) so I might be forced to
to get it on line and those listed an amazon are unfair in price in my opinion.

I have an old beige points manager but it has seen better days.

I also have a bright blue one that is cute but I have never figured out how to use it.

Does this new calculator have any other features?

Thanks Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #2  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I just use it to calculate points....I have no idea where my regular points finder is. lol It's convenient, as for other features other than tracking your points and a points finder I don't think there is any.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 409/397/160

Height: 5'7

I have the new one, but I just use it for my points. It will track you points for you as well.
winki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #4  

I don't care for mine, it is in my purse and I never remember to use it! It's easier to use the slider and write it down.
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #5  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I like using mine since it fits in my purse and is more discreet when I pull it out at the grocery store to check the points value of something. When I used the slider I felt really conspicuous.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220.6/213.2/145

Height: 5'4

i bring my slider everywhere including the grocery store. Then when I get home I take a sharpe and write on the packages how many points a serving is. Or if I bought something in bulk I'll separate it out into individual serving sizes and write the points on the ziploc baggie. I'm alittle anal but I need this to work this time.
rowan108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:03 AM   #7  

I have this one I bought on ebay eons ago when I started ww. I love it. I don't track my points on it as I journal everything and do it there and my husband does his on paper as well, but I love the little electronic gadget to figure points. Of course, I think after a while you can almost look at something and know what the points will be so I rarely take it to the store anymore. It takes me long enough to grocery shop as it is because my dh is retired military so we go to the next town over to the base to get groceries and I do two weeks at a time.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #8  

Default Thanks everybody

Hi ,

I appreciate your comments. I am so annoyed with myself for falling off the wagon . Actually I fell of the wagon a while ago and now and now am not even on the trail. I know ww works if you do all the things required but I cannot figure out why I balk at the points counting when it really is not all that hard. I am going to get the new calculator if it isn't too much because I love gadgets and who knows it just might help.

The results on it seem mixed so I guess it is best to try it out. I must do something. I don't go to meetings because medical issues within my family leave me with precious little time so I am going to try to do the best I can on my own.

Is there a place where you can get a mini capsule of what the topic of the week was at the meetings. I know I used to be able to do that but I can't remember the site.

Good luck to all on this never ending journey.

Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:45 AM   #9  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

Sheridan,

I am doing it at home as well because we're overseas and they're aren't any American meetings. So, if you ever want to email me here, maybe we can share pointers and stuff.

Good luck to you,
Ashley
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #10  
It's Just Me

S/C/G: 384.2/ 368.2/ 150

Height: 5'4

I personally switch back and forth between using my pts calculator, my three mos journal and my blackberry. I will use my blackberry more when I have cell service in Canton, which is where I live. In the mean time I write my food in my three month journal and then use my calculator when I'm at home and need it in a pinch. I love my blackberry because I can use it for finding points values in restaurants and stuff. I just wish it worked at home. I will say I use my calculator about once a day though as a general rule. It's pretty easy to use so don't worry!!!

Hugs!
DJ
PuppyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote