Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #1  
CrazyCrystalcc

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'2

Unhappy What is your inspiration?

Why are you losing weight? What is your inspiration to do so? Is it for your kids? Is it for your family? Is it for yourself? Or is it for your health? I am just wondering why?
I haven't been able to pin point why I am wanting to lose weight so I think that is why I can't or am having trouble losing weight or starting the process to lose weight. i have always heard don't do it for anyone else but yourself. But when you can't decide if that is who you want to do it for then why do you lose weight?
This isn't anything anyone has to answer just me rambling on and dwelling in my on sorrows about not doing what i need or should be doing. I am really down and depressed i have tried this and that i think the real thing is an underlying issue that i have yet to deal with.

So Thank you fro listening to me Ramble and dwell in my sorrow.....

Sincerely,
Confused
CrazyCrystalCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/130/128

Height: 5'4''

Hi Crystal, welcome to 3FC!

It sounds like you're over thinking this. People are always saying 'lose weight for yourself and no-one else' but have you ever noticed that these people have no experience of weight loss? Or at least in my experience they haven't.

The truth is, there are many reasons for losing weight, personally I'm losing weight because I was worried about where my weight gain was heading and figured I should do something about it before I developed health issues. I was uncomfortable in my own body and very aware of society's expectations of women my age. So my journey started for a number of reasons, and I couldn't honestly say that I'm doing it just for me, because I am aware of what other people think and I do enjoy the compliments I've been getting on my weight recently, it's nothing to be worried about.

Try not to struggle over one reason why you want to lose weight, think about the many ways it will make you feel better and you'll get your answers

Hope this made you feel better, if you ever need any support, feel free to pm me
Sarah Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230.4/162.2/140

Height: 5feet 2inches

HI CRYSTAL,

SORRY YOUR SO DOWN AND CONFUSED IT IS A TERRIBLE FEELING I WAS FEELING THE SAME WAY THEN SOMETHING INSIDE ME JUST CLICKED I WAS READY TO FINISH WHAT IVE STARTED WHEN I 1ST STARTED MY JOURNEY I WAS 230 PDS NOW I'M 162.4 IT HAS TAKEN ME YEARS TO GET WHERE I'M AT RIGHT NOW HOWEVER I DO HAVE TO ADMIT AS WELL THAT I LOVE THE POSITIVE REMARKS I HAVE GOTTEN PLUS MY WORKOUTS ARE A BIG DEAL TO ME HOWEVER I HAVE JUST STARTED BACK UP THIS WEEK BECAUSE I HAVE GOTTEN LAZY MYSELF YOU HAVE TO WANT TO MAKE THE CHANGE, A LIFE CHANGE I DON'T CALL IT DIET ANYMORE IT HAS TO BE A CHANGE OF LIFE KINDA LIKE THE FACTS OF LIFE (WANTED TO MAKE YOU SMILE THERE)YOU WILL BE JUST FINE WHEN YOU READY YOUR READY DON'T FORCE YOURSELF ALL OF US HAVE GOOD DAYS BAD DAYS UP/DOWN DAYS SOME DAYS WE DON'T EVEN CARE WE ALL HAVE THOSE DAYS EVER ONCE IN AWHILE CHEER UP YOUR GOING TO DO THIS SOONER THEN YOU THINK
jellybellyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My inspiration or reason for losing weight is because I am TIRED of being fat, I'm TIRED of not wanting to take pictures cuz I feel fat, and I'm TIRED of making myself squeeze into clothes.

I WANT to be thin and healthy, I WANT to take more pictures and be happy with what I see, and I WANT to wear clothes that fit and look nice!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #5  
CrazyCrystalcc

Default Thank You

THANK YOU!!
Thank you for the replies... it has made me smile and it helps to know that there are others who know what your going through, how you feel, and that can help.
Crystal
Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

My inspiration is "Hot for Vegas". My darling husband and I are going to Vegas next year for our 10 year anniversary, and I want to be hot.
Noniegrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 218.7/207/145

Height: 5'4

Talking

My reasons for losing weight are similar to one of the posters above me – I’ve just had enough! I’ve been “fat” since childhood, and I’m ready to see what I was SUPPOSED to look like . However, I honestly don’t have a 100% definitive answer for: Why do you want to lose weight? Because of this I’ve been meaning to do something I heard about a few years ago (think I saw it on Oprah). You ask yourself, Why do I want to lose weight, or why do I want to be thin? This answer could be very vague like “I want to look good” or “I’m tired” or “I want to be healthy”. Then you ask yourself a question about that answer such as “Why do I want to look good?” “Why don’t I want to be tired anymore?”, or “Why do I want to be healthy?”. You just keep going with this process until in theory you will eventually come to the real reason why YOU personally want to lose weight. Sounds like this activity might be helpful for you; I’ve been putting it off (because I’m not sure I want the answer :/) but I’m game if you are .
HerNameWasBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #8  
CrazyCrystalcc

Talking I'm Game

I will go through the process then post it on here.
Thank you
Crystal Hay
Old 06-13-2009, 03:56 AM   #9  
A new me ahead

S/C/G: 216/211/130

Height: 5'3

Smile

I want to be finally healthy for my self and my hubby.

We've been trying to get pregnantfor a year now and nothing's happening. A week ago I got sick and found I lost 10 lbs in just a week. It was a great motivation. Now, I've decided to do away with my pills (I have PCOS) and concentrate on losing weight first.

I'm cutting on my carb intake and now doing some cardio work out. It's diffucult given that I've never been into much physical activity for most of my life. Hopefully I'll stuck with my plan for good.
precious anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Do it for yourself.
That's what I finally had to tell my dh and myself. My mom always tell me that after you go through menopause, its very hard to maintain your weight. The last thing I want is to take this weight and have to deal with it and having a heck of a time to lose it. I would rather lose it now and have to maintain my goal/ideal weight then.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 234.5/231.5/150

What is onederland
over26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

It's when you reach under 200lbs, a super milestone and then there's twoderville, which is under 300lbs.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 239/239/180

Height: 5'4"

losing weight for me, and to be around for my baby girl, also to look sexy for my man!
LINZLUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #14  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I want to be healthy... I'm tired of a lifetime of health problems.

I want to be fit... I enjoy being energetic and un-fatigued.

I want to be able to buy clothes I like without feeling like crap.

I'm tired of being that girl with the pretty face and awesome personality... but uhhh on the body.

I want to do it for the guy I finally found that loves me for who I am and doesn't mind if I don't change...... he's so great I want to be even better because he deserves way better.

I just want to be happy!!!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #15  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Me, me, me. I am letting myself be completely and unashamedly selfish in this process. I want this for myself. I am going to give myself this precious gift.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote