South Beach Diet - My understanding.....

View Full Version : My understanding.....

junebaby
06-10-2009, 09:14 AM
I have been reading the SBD book and also checking a few websites about this diet. I am counting down the days til I start (7 1/2). It is my understanding that the meals are protein (not limited), veggies (not limited), and fats (limited) during Phase I. Is that correct? I am getting all my ducks in a row!! hehehe

ArmyAng
06-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Sounds about right. You can also have carbs, but only certain ones.

bargoo
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Why do you have to wait 7 1/2 days ? Why not start now ?

beachgal
06-10-2009, 10:21 AM
:welcome3: Junebaby! I think it's GREAT that you're taking the time to prepare for success in Phase 1. Jumping right in without getting your pantry cleaned out, buying the foods you need, preparing ways to deal with upcoming obstacles, and, above all, reading the book, is setting yourself up for failure, IMHO. What you're doing is much more likely to lead to a successful Phase 1 and even more success in Phase 2. :D

Yes, you've got it about right, but you want to make sure you're getting lots of fiber in the form of veggies and beans/legumes. You also want to ensure that you're getting dairy (fat free or low fat), and the allowable good carbs for Phase 1 (in addition to beans/legumes and dairy, these include tomatoes and bell peppers). Making sure you get the good carbs and fiber will help reduce the symptoms of detoxing (i.e. the "SBD Flu") and also help ensure you stay "regular" during that time.

junebaby
06-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I am waiting cause my son's bday is this saturday and my bday is next week. I know I am going to eat cake, so I am not going to set myself up for failure. I am going to win!!!!! hahahha

macsmom1
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
IMO, taking the time to plan your start is wonderful! It would be hard to skip a birthday - especially the foods you love on your OWN birthday - when you're just getting started. Imagine - soon those foods won't bother you anymore :)

Good luck with your start! You'll find great support and recipes here!!

femmecreole
06-10-2009, 05:38 PM
...this time next year you'll think " birthday cake..yuk!"
Best wishes on a healthy new you!