LA Weight Loss - Shrink Yourself.. Ever heard of it?

wanting to
06-09-2009, 10:12 PM
I found a program online called "Shrink Yourself". It's a 12 week online program by a psychiatrist who specializes in eating disorders. It is not an eating program, it is a journey to figure out WHY you eat more than you need, and how to change your motivations for eating. It looks very promising, but I wondered if anyone had done the program? What you thought about it? Is anyone currently doing the program? Thanks.

wanting to
06-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Anybody doing this program? I started last week. It has some very encouraging testimonials. Makes sense to get to the underlying problem instead of just trying to force myself to do something by sheer will power. Will power only lasts a short time.

kiramira
06-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Hey, if it works for you...personally, I had to finally decide to change my lifestyle and I did this well before solving my "issues", because I'd been chasing that particular dragon for years without success, based on Oprah's testimony during her LAST weight loss effort (she went on tv with the same theory -- you had to get to the WHY in order to lose weight). And we all know how THAT turned out for her! And for me! I only started to lose the weight once I decided that enough was enough, and I put the self-exploration aside and just ACTED.
But, everyone has a different path, and if it works for you, then that is GREAT!
Best of luck!
Kira

dlonda101
06-17-2009, 03:38 AM
I'm 20 minutes away from joining? Did you do it? Is it worth it?

dlonda101
06-17-2009, 03:39 AM
But I think I need a more interactive approach

wanting to
06-17-2009, 10:49 AM
i subscribed two weeks ago. I have done the first two weeks. It is definately giving me somethng to think about.
There is a lot of information and I think for the money, you are getting more than what you pay for. That is just me. It is sort of like "therapy" but done with/by yourself.. answering questions and writing. If you are pretty aware of yourself and honest about answering questions that might be hard to think about, I think it's good.

GLChick
06-18-2009, 11:26 AM
I also believe that once you lose the weight, you have a totally different perspective, it's like you are a different person, your old self but in a new body, and you see things differently.

ArtCat
08-03-2009, 08:44 AM
I went through the book because I'm too cheap to pay for the online help- I think it did help me, and gave me a new perspective on my eating issues. I'm combining it with Volumetric principles, and am slowly making progress.

How's the program for you now, wanting to?