Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #1  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Default My Fitness Coach

Anyone else use My Fitness Coach for Wii?

I have it and I love it... even though it recommends working out 5 days a week, I used it 7. Only missed one day in the last 2 weeks.

After 10 workouts, it has you redo the fitness evaluation. In 10 days I lost 2 lbs and a quarter inch or more from every spot they have you measure.

On the weekends, I've even started doing 45 minutes instead of 30. It kicks my butt! Sometimes it gets a little tedious... yesterday I did 45 minutes lower body and more lunges and leg extensions than I thought necessary but hey--my thighs (the hardest area for me to lose) HAVE shrunk since starting it so I will do what it tells me to!

If you use MFC, what have your results been?
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #2  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I don't personally use it, but if you look in the Chicks up for a challenge forum there is a june exercise thread. A girl named Delphi in that thread uses it. She seems to really like it. Maybe you could discuss it with her.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #3  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I would be that girl gator is talking about.

I absolutely love the My Fitness Coach. I think by far, it is the best fitness game for the Wii platform. I love that it offers high impact cardio, which all other fitness games for the Wii, clearly do not offer...not to the extent of My Fitness Coach. I use it every other day for an hour of cardio and for 45 minutes on the opposite days for my strength training and get one heck of a workout everytime. It's never the same workout twice and that is what I love about it.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I have it and I like it better than Wii Fit. I also have Gold's Gym Cardio Workout (shape boxing) and I LOVE it. I tend to cycle through my workouts and I will go back to MFC when I get tired of boxing.

I really like the varied workouts - very good yoga and upper body segments!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #5  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Yay, I'm happy to find others that use and enjoy it.

Wow, Delphi, 45-60 mins a day! Maybe this is what I should be doing... I did 45 minutes each day this last weekend and it killed me! Every workout is challenging and I sweat buckets every time.

Unfortunately, I'm not losing very fast on it. I'm keeping my calories around 1600.. maybe that is too high for me. Plus I only burn 90-105 calories per half hour workout--it's surprising, I am working my butt off. Maybe I need to cut calories more and start doing more 45 minute workouts.

I also heard good things about Gold's Gym so I might have to check that out. Right now that I am addicted to MFC, which is great, I tend to get sick of things after two days and I've been going for more than two weeks, everyday!
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #6  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

I was searching for a review of this, because even though I do love Wii Fit it is hard to keep up a real workout. So I definitely plan on purchasing it this weekend.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #7  

I have my fitness coach, but I'm probably going to sell it. I bought EA Sports Active. I love it. It was pricy, but worth it (imo). You can use the balance board with it, but you don't need it. It's a lot more like my fitness coach than the wii fit is. It has routines that change a lot so you don't get board, but you get way more of a workout than the wii fit.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote