Support Groups - Herbal Magic Thread #4

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Herbal Magic Thread #4

2 dogs 1 lady
05-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Wowzers, the other thread closes at 500 and we were at 498 so I have started a new thread for us.
I have had a sloppy week, inbetween renovationg the bathroom (completely gutted) having comany here for a week form manitoba and being on "holidaze" since Weds, well lets say this has been a week I have not even stepped on my scale. I dunno if I have lost of gained weight...but I can say all this moving is good for me..since the mainfloor washroom is "gone" I have to go downstairs for the washroom. Considering I seldom do stairs because of my OA in my knees, even that extra is helping..Mind you, you might hear some groans etc from me as I do those stairs! hahaha!
Anyways, I am going to try and find where the scale is (somewhere in my bedroom I believe) as I had to remove it from the bathroom..it threw my scale watching out of whack I don't mind admitting.
Did I mention I am taking the photos at my Dad's wedding this weekend??? Mom passed away just over 2 years ago at the young age of 54. I get that men can't be alone long and at times I am good with this, at times I feel..well, maybe a bit dis-loyal because of it? not too mention STRESSED about taking the pics. Their photographer backed out and they couldn't afford another one for an emergency vet bill (800$) so I "off handedly offered since I like to take pics...THEY FRICKIN ACCEPTED! oye frekin vey! So i have to find more time to get up to date with this danged camera I have...a Church lighting vs outside lighting is different...much different.
In all, the good thing is, I do not eat when I am stressed!! mwahh at least no chocolate right?
Anyways..start of threwad #5 has been done!

Hope y'all are well!

lee2lee
05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Here we go.... number 4 thanks 2 dogs... I hope the wedding is wonderful and good luck with the photography!! I am sure it will be great. As for the stress eating you are lucky you are not a stress eater.!!!

Keep moving it can only do your body good.

lee2lee

2 dogs 1 lady
05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Meme,
I too joined before but when I went away to a wedding and no one even noticed that I lost 48lbs..well I have to say i felt demotivated...It really was "my" issue but I let it be an excuse..a poor excuse. Now I came back..and I have messed about now for a month or so..do good, fall off, I need to keep doing good..Right now we do not have any fast food in the house and I want to keep it that way..financially the bathroom reno is taking a huge portion of $ every month so no eating out or wasting $ can occur, which is good as well.
My weight is such an embarrassment to me I haven't seen my best friend in years..we talk on the phone or email as she lives in a diff city. I am in that city almost every bi-week. These are my issues...weight is my issue...and I have to be able to tackle it mentally as well as physically.

2 dogs 1 lady
05-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey there LeeLee!
How are you doing girlie?? Nice ticker too!:carrot:

mememegogirl
05-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Good morning ladies! Guess who isn't doing anything special for the long weekend? HA! Actually, there is plenty going on but I can't participate much because in doing a little housework the other day I 'tweaked' my back resulting in a lot of bedrest. ugh.

Lady: You rock! Thanks for starting the new thread and for keeping tabs on everyone! I am sure you are going to do a fantastic job on the pictures for the wedding! It is challenges that spur us on to grow and develop... and apparently photography is your new calling... :) Your life sounds very full right now. You seem pretty self-aware so I doubt you will go crazy during this busy and exciting time. You will be back to normal soon and back on your journey to a healthier you.

I am scared about going back to work... which is kind of silly because I don't even know when that is going to be possible. I want people to notice my loss but at the same time people acknowledging my loss also acknowledges that they noticed I was bigger. There is one lady in the office who is infamous for her lack of tact on the weight issue. I dread our conversation. She makes frequent references to how people used to look before they lost weight which in my opinion is a terrible approach. I will have to deal with all of this someday ... but you know what... if nobody noticed at all that would be even worse! :) Happy Monday! I hope you are all doing well and are happy and healthy this weekend!

2 dogs 1 lady
05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Meme, just say this "Wow that was cruel of you, do you feel better now?" that will shut her up. :)

Nicole210
05-18-2009, 08:07 PM
I just realized 2 things....

1) 4 oz of tuna is the WHOLE can!
2) weight fluctuates A LOT during the day

My boyfriend's mom dropped off my scale today. I asked her to hold it hostage until I was ready to look at it's ugly face. I stepped on it earlier today and was kinda bummed... gained .2 of a pound. I decided to try it again a few minutes ago and there was a loss of a pound.

Does anybody else keep a scale around? I get weighed three times a week, so I didn't plan on keeping one in the house... but I think it might help me stay on track if I'm able to keep an eye on my weight myself. I don't want to be obsessing over the scale though.......AHG........ what works for everybody else??

I guess when it comes down to it, the scales are always uglier if you're gaining weight...

trabay
05-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Meme....thanks for sharing your story. I have had lots of rounds with losing and gaining. I have tried everything, and was a little embarassed when I joined HM, because I figured it was just something else I was going to waste my money on. Luckily, it is working. I have been in and out of Weight Watcher so much, I am kinda like "Norm" in Cheers! They all know my name! I tried Nutri-system (gawd AWFUL food) and even Dr. Berstein's (supervised anorexia!!) This is working for me - and I am determined to keep it off this time!!! I believe this time it is more about my mindset than the program, although I do think HM is the bomb (I do NOT work for them! lol) We all fall off the wagon in some way or another. Do not feel ashamed or embarassed. The fact that you keep getting back on the wagon is what is inspirational....not everyone has that strength. So you go girl, and thanks for sharing....someone might need to hear that story to keep themselves going.

Hope all you ladies had a great long weekend...I worked my butt off outside! Yard looks great though....I am off to London On tomorrow for work, but will go for a WI first! Might not be online much until Thurs. night, but I wish you all WEIGHT LOSS for the week!
T.

momof5k
05-18-2009, 11:08 PM
I am brand new to this forum and still making my around but wanted to say hello!

I started HM on March 28th and have lost just over 20 pounds so far. Yahoo! But I agree, my weight fluctuates dramatically throuhout the day. Some days as much as 5 pounds!!

I do however, keep a scale at home and have been a bit neurotic about weighing myself (almost everytime I am in the bathroom :o) because I still see a "trend" in my baseline weight going down and find that encouraging. This also helps keep me from getting too discouraged when I go to a WI and see a .2 pound increase or something because I know that scale would say something different in a few hours.

Looking forward to sharing more with you all as I continue my journey. I still have over 100 pounds to lose :(

lee2lee
05-19-2009, 03:03 AM
:D I to keep a scale at home... I have 2 of them... the one in my bathroom is 2 pounds lighter than at my center and the other one is like 5 pounds lighter so I don't bother with that one. I know.. not good having 2 in the house.. but oh well. I stay on the one in my bathroom.

I too have a habit of stepping on and off it all the time so I limit myself to a naked first thing in the morning weigh in at home. I can jump on it and get one weight and then step on it again in a few seconds and get a different one.

I like to weigh myself daily only to keep tabs on myself. Its all personal whether you do it or not.

Well tomorrow is weigh in after a long weekend and not being at the center for 3 days. I hope we all lost this weekend.

take care

lee2lee

chunksoflove
05-19-2009, 03:09 AM
Oh man, I know what you mean about falling off the wagon! This is my 3rd HM attempt. I more motivated than ever and can't wait for weigh-ins...

Nicole: I weigh myself ALL the time... keeps me on track for some reason.

Also hoping everyone a lighter Tuesday!!

lee2lee
05-19-2009, 03:24 AM
Ok folks I need some suggestions on vegetables... I am not a fan of them but I know I need to eat them. Salads without the creamy dreamy dressing is well you know... but I will not give up my free exchange for a dressing.

Any ideas to shake things up would be appreciated.

lee2lee

witchie
05-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Lee: One thing that I do that really helps is to make ALOT of veggie stirfrys, with peppers, onions, cabbage, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, etc. *TIP - if you cook your veggies with a lid on, and allow them to steam, you don't need any olive oil etc, so you save a fat!! I make a couple of portions then put them in tupperware for reheating. Then you can add your prefered meat, beef, chicken, fish, whatever. I figure if while I'm making one portion I may as well make 3 then I have some for the next 2 days. I spice mine up with tobasco and mrs dash.
Anyhoo, at WI this a.m. I am down 1/2 a lb. Blah!! Oh well down is better than up! Cheers!

witchie
05-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey!! I just noticed I'm exactly 1/2 way there!!

2 dogs 1 lady
05-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Broccoli is an excellent veggie! I also like steamed green & yellow beans..
if you want, try that baby greens with 1 cup of straw berrries a 1/2 cup madarin oranges and then a bit of raspberry vinegrette...trust me....seriously, that rocks! if you want, add a few taosted, slivered almonds to the top as a garnish

momof5k
05-19-2009, 06:00 PM
I am stopping at the centre for my wi tonight and am a bit nervous. The scale doesn't seem to have moved at home...maybe even inched slightly up over the weekend...despite staying on the program and exercising every day for the last week!

GGRRRR!

Wish me luck :)

chunksoflove
05-19-2009, 07:10 PM
good luck!

witchie: congrats on being half way there!

I was up 3/4lbs today blaaaaah about that! Mini goal for tomorrow's WI is to get it off!

Keep it up everyone!

HappyGirl
05-19-2009, 11:31 PM
I hear ya! I too was up 0.8lbs after the long weekend. This morning WI said I was down 0.6 so that's good...however I too want it gone! I have my measurements tomorrow morning so hoping for some good news there. It was hard to stay on track throughout the weekend. Today was a good day staying on program. Even got up at 6am and hit the treadmill. Hope tomorrow is just as good.

Good luck to everyone with their WI's and here's to great losses!

mememegogirl
05-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Lee: Have you tried making a homemade veggie soup? I don't have a recipe offhand but I know you can get low sodium chicken broth, beef broth, veggie broth and then all you have to do is throw in whatever to make it taste as you want. If it were me I would use lots of tomatoes, garlic, small bits of broccolli, carrots, celery, parsley, add a bay leaf and presto. Just a thought. I am also a huge fan of the sweet potato fry....

I had to eat out this evening. Olive garden. I think I made wise choices and I had time to plan ahead for it. I didn't overeat anything .. I just have to counteract the sodium ingestion. I don't weigh-in until later this week ... hopefully all of my diligence will bring me to at least 178lbs. Good luck this week everyone and welcome to our newbies.

momof5k
05-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Well the wi wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been. I am actually down 1.8 pounds since Saturday and 1 inch since last week. That brings my total to 21.8 pounds gone and 17 inches.:carrot:

Thanks for the welcome! Let's all keep it comng off!!

lee2lee
05-20-2009, 03:14 AM
I came across a post under search forums by a woman titled Mrs wolf who heard a radio advertisement from Herbal magic that upset her greatly. The woman took offense to the following statement that she heard in the advertisement. And I quote " Let's face it ladies we'd all be sexier if we were a little thinner." Siting concerns that people who have eating disorders may portray themselves as not worthy of attention if they are not skinny and sexy. Why would Herbal Magic use such a statement. There are alot of negative thoughts about Herbal Magic as is and now this. Emails have been sent to the radio station banning the ads, and Herbal Magic.. as well as the advertising standards for breach of "advertising codes" or something like that. She has not received any responses yet. Bad PR thats for sure.

I did not go in yesterday for my weigh in like I was supposed to but I am going in today its measurement day. I have worked the last 2 nights so we will see what happens on the scale from Friday. I have to loose the 1.2 I gained last week.

Made a delicious salad. Nothing outrageous but good. I took my lettuce, tomatoe, cucumbers and added 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta to it . Then I made the dressing. 1 tsp oil 1 tsp vegan mayo( no egg, no dairy made with grape seed oil) I like the taste of it... blend then add a smidgen of dijon mustard and a smidgen of honey and blend. Add to the salad... man I am having that again. The amount of honey was minute as well as the dijon so I will not be obssessed with the whether you can have it or not. I haven't had any pasta since I started because a 1/2 cup is not worth the effort for me because I am a carb person so I know it won't satisfy me.. and not giving up FE for spaghetti sauce either!!!! But having it in the salad gave it an interesting and yummy twist that satisfied my craving for pasta. Yummy.

I apologize for the book writing that I do... :);)but I always have lots to say for some reason!!!! sorry!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions for vegetables!!!!

Take care and happy measurements and weigh ins!!!! LOL!!

Lee2lee

witchie
05-20-2009, 09:12 AM
WI and measurements this a.m. I'll let you all know.

Lee: Salad sounds yummy, I may just try that.

Chantal0123
05-20-2009, 10:27 AM
WOW... I had to read 5 days worth of posts... GEEEZ!! hahaha

I'll make this brief cause I cannot comment on 5 days worth of posts!

WELCOME to all the newbies! Glad many of you are seeing the link I posted on the HM Facebook Group!

My long, long weekend wasn't great! I gained 1 pound yesterday at WI.
My bowels are also screwed up (whenever I change my "routine") so it'll be back on track.

At my WI on Friday, I was down again - 229!! WOOT-WOOT!
Wow...what a feeling to be below 230 and far from 250!!
Can't wait to be below 200!!

Nothing too exciting to share! I'm going back again tonight for a WI & measurements. Let's hope I lost that 1 pound!!
I have 8 weeks left for my mini-goal...and 13 pounds to go :)

Lee - that's really too bad about that HM ad...I mean... I wonder who actually SIGNED to release this...anyone would know how controversial it would be.

witchie
05-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Down half a pound, and almost 30 inches all together. WI again on Fri.

momof5k
05-20-2009, 02:26 PM
witchie WTG!! 30 inches! That is awesome!

momof5k
05-20-2009, 06:58 PM
ACK!!! Help! MY husband just informed me that we are going out for dinner iwth some business associates tonight and we are going out for Chinese food! What am I going to eat that won't completely screw me up tonight?

lee2lee
05-20-2009, 10:38 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot: if I were to go out to chinese I would load up on salad, and shrimp, have a little bit of a treat not much you could do about it just do your best.

Went in for my WI and I am down again I lost that pound I am down to 213.8 which is 14.8 pounds since April 20/2009 and I lost 10 inches in total. I lost 2 pounds since May 15/09.

Fasting now for blood work in am... physical on Tuesday next week. Will be interesting to see what my blood work shows. I am feeling good.

Hope everyone had success on the scales

lee2lee

Dria
05-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Whew its been hectic here!!
firstly sorry to throw everyone into one general comment but......

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO HAD A LOSS!!!!! Keep up the fantastic work. I dont care if it was 2.5lbs or .2lbs a loss is a loss. And to those holding steady thats ok too. Plateau's happen!!!

I am halfway through week 15
And as of this morning I am 42.2lbs lighter!!!
So I have 13.8 more lbs to go!!!
As of Monday I had 51" missing from this body too!!!!
Sorry I dont have much time for an update or catching up. Soon!!!
Keep up the great work ladies day by day!!!

HappyGirl
05-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Reading these posts are very motivating! Thanks girls!

Today was my first measurement day...down 5 inches! Woo Hoo! Only down 2.0 lbs in my first week but the inches are exciting! My clothes are fitting better and I'm feeling great!

witchie
05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
ACK!!! Help! MY husband just informed me that we are going out for dinner iwth some business associates tonight and we are going out for Chinese food! What am I going to eat that won't completely screw me up tonight?

Chinese restaurants are the easiest places to eat at when you are trying to stay on the wagon. Just request a stir fry of your preference, no sauce, no rice, no noodles. Spice it up with the Mrs dash & Tobasco you have hiding in your purse & voila, no excess calories or sodium etc & no guilt. I count these as: 1 pro, 3 veg, cause the portion sizes are usually HUGE!

Chantal0123
05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi ladies!!

Chinese food - eeekkkk! I went there on Mother's Day...the only had the buffet !! NOT GOOD... but I survived. Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do.

So WI last night...lost my 1 pound that I gained over the weekend.
I'm down in inches... 27.5 inches to date (lost 2.25 I think).

Pretty happy...the girls are shrinking but hey... I need to be proportionate or else I'll tip over! lol

HappyGirl - WAY TO GO! Doesn't it feel great?? You're doing AWESOME!

Dria - Woohoo to you! You're an inspiration - keep it up! I'm following you!!

Lee - that's AWESOME! Way to go!! You must feel good :)

Witchie - 30 inches!! You must be SO proud! I'm almost there too!! WOOT WOOT

Dria
05-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Had some time thought Id share my pics here with you ladies....... I see some difference in picture but In the mirror I still see the old me. Then again when Im home and around a mirror Im usually still wearing my big baggy jammie pants and tshirts lol

Me Thanksgiving 08
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/Me/fat1.jpg

Me Halloween 08
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/Me/fat2.jpg

Feb 15 09 Almost 2 weeks after already being on Herbal Magic Program
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/Me/feb15-09.jpg

March 15 09
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/Me/march15-09.jpg

April 29 09
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/Me/april29-09.jpg

May 15 09
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/Me/may15-09Small.jpg

momof5k
05-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Dria: Those pictures ROCK! The difference is inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

As for my chinese food dinner...it was the kind of event where the meal was preordered for the group and everyone shared dishes so I did my best (took only a tablespoon or so of rice, avoided all of the "deep fried" dishes...which were most of them...and ate little more than veggies) but still, UG!

This morning's wi I was up 1.8 pounds! Now, I know that cannot all be because of last night's dinner. It was also a different time of day than I usually go and I know that my weigh fluctuates ALOT throughout the day. Still to see the number back up at 250 was really disheartening. I had hoped that I had kissed the 250's goodbye for good. MY house scale is reading 249 again here so...I am hoping that my next wi will be back down and then the 250's will really be gone.

mememegogirl
05-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Momo: Take heart, that kind of weight fluctuation can be water retention due to sodium or time of day like you said. Life happens, and sometimes we have to be off program for a moment.

Dria: WOW! INSPIRATIONAL!

I've had to eat out a lot this week which is highly unusual. But I feel myself shrinking and I am certain that I made good choices when I did go out. My jeans are fitting better and better as the days go by. Being on track feels way better than not. HM works... I don't care what anyone says!

Chantal0123
05-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Meme: I'm sure you'll be dropping some good numbers!! And about HM - Of course it works - we are proof of it :carrot:... but it's a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and not a quick fix... that's why SO many gain weight when they are done... People say "Oh when I'm done, I'll have those chips,etc"...
And in a sense...I believe all diets work. Many people have seen great results with almost ALL the diets out there.
But...you have to be ready to make a lifestyle change...

I know that if I continue to eat like I was eating before, I'll get the same results... which is WEIGHT GAIN!

Dria: I can't see the pics...is everyone seeing them??

I have my WI tonight...we'll see how that plays out. Bowels are still slow... might take up my flaxseed oil again. HAPPY FRIDAY :D

witchie
05-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Weighed in this a.m and I am the SAME geez I hate that! Aunt flo is visiting though so that may be it.

Dria: You look great! Good Job!!

Momo: Chinese is pretty high in sodium, so it will take a day or 2 to rid yourself of it.

Anyway, happy friday girls!

mememegogirl
05-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Lookie Lookie at my ticker! Do you see what I did? I broke the 180lb barrier! WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chantal0123
05-22-2009, 01:32 PM
meme - WOOT WOOT! :carrot: :carrot: It's such a great feeling isn't it!!
Keep it up darling! You're doing sooo awesome! MELTING away as my center would say :)

witchie
05-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Lookie Lookie at my ticker! Do you see what I did? I broke the 180lb barrier! WHOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome!

fbenjamin
05-23-2009, 02:36 AM
Hey guys,
I posted a couple weeks ago introducing myself and then kind of forgot all about it! So anyways I just started Herbal Magic 2 1/2 weeks ago and so far am down 11 pounds! WHOOHOOO! Very exciting stuff. 11 more pounds to go and I am out of the 200's for good! That's my mini goal! I've just went through and read some of the last posts and just wanted to say that you guys make me so motivated. It's great to see that you all are making wonderful progress. Keep up the great work!

lee2lee
05-23-2009, 04:04 AM
:carrot::carrot::hug::hug::D Yes I am shouting... shouting at the rooftops because we are all AWESOME!!! do you feel the energy??? Dria you look amazing!!!! Well done.

Great job to all those who lost this week!!!!!

As for me I lost another 2 pounds this week.. for a total of 16.6 pounds I am now 212.2 the last time I weighed this was when I was pregnant with my second daughter 10 years ago. My ending weight with her was 214, I only gained 14 pounds with her...I started at 200 pounds when I found out I was pregnant with her. My girlfriend noticed that my face looks thinner but nobody else has noticed yet. I tend to loose top to bottom.. and boobs disappear all together when I lose weight. OH well.

I agree with you Chantal about lifestyle change... and success on weight loss programs WE all can be successful on any program its what lessons we learned when we are done that will determine whether we lapse or not. Hopefully for all of us we won't lapse!!

anyways take care all of you I will see how Monday goes for me after working nights all weekend.

lee2lee

witchie
05-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Good for you Lee! You should do the popcorn for your FE for nights. I think its like 3 cups? That may help you not to snack on anything else. Cheers!

mememegogirl
05-23-2009, 02:48 PM
I had my measurements done today. I am down just shy of 30 inches! Crazy!!!!!!! How can that not be noticeable? I feel good!

I just read an article recently on a new eating disorder called Orthorexia nervosa which refers to a nervous obsession with eating proper foods. While anorexia nervosa is an obsession with the quantity, orthorexia is an obsession with the quality of the food consumed.
People who suffer this do the following:
*Spending more than three hours a day thinking about healthy food.
• Planning tomorrow’s menu today.
• Feeling virtuous about what they eat, but not enjoying it much.
• Continually limiting the number of foods they eat.
• Experience a reduced quality of life or social isolation (because their diet makes it difficult for them to eat anywhere but at home).
• Feeling critical of others who do not eat as well they do.
• Skipping foods they once enjoyed to eat the “right’ foods.
• Feeling guilt or self-loathing when they stray from their diet.
• Feeling in “total” control when they eat the correct diet.

I just thought it was interesting and decided to share. Hope you don't mind.

mememegogirl
05-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Lee: Congrats on your loss! And I enjoy the enthusiasm.
FBenjamin: That is a great start! Way to go!

momof5k
05-24-2009, 12:04 AM
Congrats everyone on this week's losses!

I went to the centre for my wi today (hoping to have at least lost the 1.8 I "gained" at my last one) and I lost 2.4. Yahoo! :carrot:

Hopefully that will be the LAST time I see anything in the 250's!

Dria
05-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Momof5K- Way to get yourself back on track. Not only did you get out of those 250's you have run away from them. Excellent work!!!!

Mememegogirl- Im very glad to hear your feeling a difference in the clothes department. I think thats where I had most of my problems is I had gone down 20lbs which is tech 2 dress sizes but I didnt feel like I was shrinking lol. Good job. And you didnt just get out of the 180's you knocked it out of the park!!! Fabulous!

Chantal0123- Im glad you added me on facebook. Good stalking work.. LOL I really am joking I havea warped sense of humor you may have picked up on from my facebook page. What a gorgeous woman you are!!! She is smokin' ladies!!!! Im glad you got to see my pics too!!!

Witchie.- I feel ya. I weighed in the same Friday as I was Wednesday. Meh staying the same is better then a kick in the pants up eh lol. Im sure you have gone down this weekend and look forward to hearing about it on Monday!!

fbenjamin- Glad to see you back. 11lbs is a very powerful start. Your doing really great!! I cant wait to hear you kicked those 200's to the curb and hit "onderland" as they call it on here.

lee2lee- 2lbs is FANTASTIC!!!! Thats a great week!! Dont get me started on boobs..... lol My husband was teasing me the other night. I grabbed my boobs and looked at him.... and He said yeah they are gone... we are gonna have to get you a training bra.. I smacked him for that LMAO So til your man says you need a training bra no need to get upset LMAO

Now myself on the other hand. As mentioned I weighed the same 134 on Friday as I did Wednesday.... now.... I was a bad bad girl this weekend. It was my husbands birthday and we went to BP to which I did order properly.... However..... my husband got the cactus cuts........ can you say TEMPTATION!??! I ate probably honestly...... 8 of them EEPS.. WITH SOME DIP EEEEEEEEEEEEEEPS. Also...... sigh.. I had one small bite of his Cake....... Jeannies Cake come on I cannot refuse....... Its the stupid little cheats.. yes to me these are very little cheats its not like I ate a bag of chips or had an ice cream cone to myself or what not. but when I cheat even a lil tiny bit it shows on the scale.. I will admit my cheats to my ladies tomorrow and they will laugh at me for being so honest about my lil cheats.
My friend and I went for a 3 mile trek thursday night and I plan to hit the gravel with my ipod tonight......
Im human Im allowed to be bad once in awhile right?!?! lol Ugh the guilt...... LOL
Hope your all having a great weekend. Sorry this is so long if your still reading along with me lol

chunksoflove
05-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Everyone is such an inspiration and a great motivator! I'm glad to hear about everyone's successes (and cheats!!) I was down 2lbs on Thursday. But had a night out at the casino, and some wings last night... the scale will be the judge in the morning!

That post about Ortho-nervousa was an interesting read. I've never heard of it before.

ALSO

Ricotta cheese? Yay or nay? and how much is a serving?

lee2lee
05-25-2009, 01:36 AM
All I have to say is we are human.. and we can't be 100% all the time.. don't sweat it is what I say. As long as we catch ourselves before we go off the deep end...then I say its ok. Get back on track. Dria you have done so well a cheat here or there is ok its the reality. I too indulged I had a small iced cap with milk which is in the dining out guide. A quarter of a bagel... bad bad girl and a stick of a nib licorice BAD BAD oh well I will have to work hard to get rid of the damage.

I hope all had a good weekend... I wonder what happened to UFF?? I hope she is ok and will join us again. To see my picture before look at my diet blog.. click the link on the left of my username.

take care will chat soon

lee2lee

Dria
05-25-2009, 02:09 AM
K I think I made up for it. In addition to my friend and I's walk....... I walked another 2 miles tonight. My poor puppy couldnt even keep up I was dragging her in the end lol. And we walked through our canola field so it was rough going lol.
Then I came home did 10 lunges each leg... Ill pay for those tomorrow.
And 50 sit ups. And some leggie things I do...... and 10 push ups. its all I could manage lol. Apparently my arms are super weak. IN MY DEFENSE graves eats your muscles so....... lol thats my story and Im sticking to it lol.
So Tonight my home scale reads 133 which is good.. hopefully tomorrow morning my home scale will say umm 131 so I will clock in at 132 tomorrow at W.I lol.... wishful thinking I think lol.
I shall check your pics out Lee2lee!!!

Ricotta cheese... I dunno.. I love it but not sure how much would be allowed your best bet is to ask your girls at the H.M Depot!
Til tomorrow Ladies!!! Have skinny dreams

Chantal0123
05-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Ricotta cheese? Yay or nay? and how much is a serving?

I was told NO by my center...Sodium is mainly the problem!

Chantal0123
05-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Chantal0123- Im glad you added me on facebook. Good stalking work.. LOL I really am joking I havea warped sense of humor you may have picked up on from my facebook page. What a gorgeous woman you are!!! She is smokin' ladies!!!! Im glad you got to see my pics too!!!

HAHHA the stalking was easy! You were on the HM Group on FB so I added you from there :)

Ahh thanks... :o As the pounds are dropping, I'm feeling more & more beautiful. Smokin' huh? lol

Chantal0123
05-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi there!

Hopefully, everyone had a pretty fabulous weekend! Weather was close to perfect... CLOSE... lol

To all of you who cheated... I find it all depends in what ways and how YOU feel about it. I had a small...almost tiny piece of cake (my Dad's bday).
That I felt wasn't a BIG deal... But when I had my poutine on my 4th week... I didn't feel so great about that.

The good part for me...is whatever I gain on the weekend (when I cheat), I lose by the Wednesday. I'm lucky.

:carrot::carrot:KEEP IT UP!!! WE'RE ALMOST THERE!! :carrot::carrot:

On my part, no WI on Friday. We decided to give a coat of stain on our deck so I thought it was better for me to skip WI. I'll go tonight.
I'll have a bigger #.... I weighed myself at home last night and I'm thinking I might be done 3 pounds from Weds...which would give me 4 pounds this week... WE SHALL SEE :)

I gave LOTS of my clothes away...and again this morning, wanted to wear this pair of pants that I LOVE... well, i didn't have to unbuttoned them to slide them on my hips... that gives you an idea!! Another pair for my mom... LOL

Chantal0123
05-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Ok...something is up! Where's everyone?????
Are you guys avoiding us??? Or me?!? lol

Come on... I'm lonely over here!!!:(

momof5k
05-25-2009, 03:16 PM
I was thinking the same thing..that perhaps I scared everyone away as it seems to have fallen very quiet since I joined :dizzy:

I go for my wi today so I'll update you all later!

Chantal0123
05-25-2009, 03:58 PM
And some days, it's so busy that if you miss it that day, you're swamped with reading 20+ posts :)

witchie
05-25-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm still here!
WI today, down 3/4 of a pound.

I havea warped sense of humor Luv the sense of humor!

HappyGirl
05-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi! I'm here too! WI this morning said I was down 0.8lbs which meant I broke the 160 mark! woo hoo! This weekend was tough...went to my future Sister In Law's bachelorette party. Didn't eat any of the chips, dip etc. So very proud of myself. And only had 4oz of red wine at the house party part then one vanilla vodka and diet coke at the bar. Again, so very good of me! Just watched many of the other girls consume way to much alcohol and calories! haha

Also had a few cheats this weekend but nothing major...so being down .8lbs from last week was a huge accomplishment for me. I am trying to stay on program this week and be down even more by the weekend. Meal planning is key for me.

Are the girls at your centers really motivating? Seems as though some of the girls at my HM center are just ho hum. They always say woo hoo and ask if i have any questions, but that's it. Just wondered what your centers are like.

Hope everyone else had a good WI and that the scale is moving down, down, down.

Hope to be on the treadmill while watching the Bachelorette tonight!

~Cari

Dria
05-25-2009, 09:06 PM
W/I was good to me today.
Last week Monday weigh in 135.6lbs
This week Monday weigh in 133.6
So even with cheats and such I still went down 2lbs this week.
From Friday I went down not as much as I could have or whats normal for me but still down so Ill take it!!!
Also...... Lost 3.5" inches this week...

So grand Total Starting week 16... 42.6lbs gonzo and 54.5" off my body..... heres to a good week lol of behaving myself ;)

I really enjoy the ladies at my centre. Young group of girls around my age or so. So I feel I can identify with them. Only one is more shy the rest are fairly outgoing and such but I do have my own personal favorite of course ;)

mememegogirl
05-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Do you feel less lonely now Chantal? :)
It has been a busy couple of days! Meal planning is what has saved me. Isn't it great that we have a plan that is so flexible? There are so many foods to choose from! I am very happy with that. Today I added a new thing to my menu: lentils and rice. How wholesome is that? The rip-off is that it counts as a full starch for the lentils alone and only half a protein (you have to add the rice or the body isn't able to process the protein) ... but at the end of the day the health benefits far outweigh the fact that you lose most of your starches for the day all in one shot.

FYI... I got the go ahead to try some non-weight bearing exercise. SO this week I will be returning to my hot yoga studio! I AM STOKED! And I will be exploring the possibility of water running too. What an adventure! I am still super proud of my progress. When I eventually go back to work, (which by the way I have been told won't be allowed by my Doctors for another 8 weeks) they won't believe that I've been off work with a back injury, on bed rest and still losing weight! What an accomplishment! *pats self on back* lol

Good losses over the weekend gals! Keep it up!

chunksoflove
05-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Are the girls at your centers really motivating? Seems as though some of the girls at my HM center are just ho hum. They always say woo hoo and ask if i have any questions, but that's it. Just wondered what your centers are like.

I have been at 4 different centres - all ho hum -... since this is my THIRD (and final!!) time on HM... and the centre I have now is GREAT. It is not very busy and there are only 2 ladies. Almost every time I go in we make a minigoal (to be down a lb, get my water in, exercise, etc). But what keeps me motivated the most is hearing about other people's successes and looking at before and after pictures LOL.

Even after a huge wing cheat, and night at the casino i was down 1.25lbs!! That puts me at 3.25lbs so far this week, but I have one more WI on Wednesday before I tally it up.

Thanks for the response on the ricotta, I will stay away from it until I ask my HM ladies!

Keep up the work everyone :)

momof5k
05-26-2009, 02:15 AM
So nice to hear from all of you and read about some great losses! I went to the centre today for my wi and was only down .4 pounds. My last wi was Saturday and I was there much later in the day than usual so I am happy enough with that for today and hope to see much more when I go in again later in the week.

The greatest part of the day though....I ran into a woman at the grocery store today (our kids went to pre-school together last year) and she said "Wow! You look great!" And I am assuming that she is talking about my hair because I got done a few days ago and have been getting lots of comments on it. But then she says "Your hair looks awesome and you've lost weight! I can totoally see it in your face!" :hug:

I'm telling you...she made my day! She is the first person to comment on any weight loss (even my husband...who clearly KNOWS what I'm doing...has not said a thing!!) so there was an extra bounce in my step for the rest of the day!

As for my centre, there seems to be an ever changing staff there (or maybe just lots of them??) but I certainly have my favorites...and ones I don't really care for. I'd say I get positive reinforcement but not much specific motivation...but I rarely go in with questions or anything and my weight loss has been slow and steady so there hasn't really been anything earth shattering there to talk about I guess.

lee2lee
05-26-2009, 12:40 PM
So I went in for my WI yesterday from working night shift all weekend..with my licorice, iced capp, and 1/4 buttered bagel indulgence I was up a whole......0.6 pounds which is ok with me. I think my center gets mad when I don't react to my gains. I think they almost expect me to break down and cry or something. I am ahead by 6 pounds so a little slip up now and again is not a big deal to me. Considering what I used to eat... to what I am eating and enjoying I am OK with it all. As long as the weight is coming off at a steady rate I am OK. I went on my treadmill last night and I am starting to jog for 2 minutes at a time with my walking... NOW that is an accomplishment for me!!!

I have a doctors appt today so I will see what my BP is, weight, ECG, and see what my blood work shows. I will let you guys know.

Does anyone do any weight training?? My arms are jiggly and I bought my husband the PX90 workout and I would love to do some of it for toning.. I used to do kickboxing a while back so I think there is muscle under all the softness but I don't want to gain on the scale with it.

Well I will catch up later with an update take care all...

lee2lee

mememegogirl
05-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Lee: Check out this link.. it will answer your question about weight gain and strength training. It is a fun little informative quiz. (hope the link works)

http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/quizzes/c_25_i_3107/exercise-myths-quiz-1.html?nl_id=120

HappyGirl
05-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Hey ladies! Thanks for the feedback on your centers.

I am now on my 3rd week and and down to 3 HM center visits in a week. Mon-Wed-Fri instead of the daily visits that I did the first 2 weeks. So I'm hoping that I still be as motivated to stay on program. Yesterday I had too many cheats than I'd like. So, today I am vowing to be a good girl! LOL

Hope everyone is also motivated and staying on program so we'll all see that scale moving down!

Have a great day ladies and don't forget to drink that water.

My canned salmon lunch is calling my name....

~Cari

witchie
05-26-2009, 06:45 PM
The girls at my HM centre are pretty good! Although the owner gets under my skin.
I feel ya momo, I have lost 18 plus pounds and not a soul has noticed, but thats ok, I feel great and thats what matters! WI tomorrow a.m, will let you all know. Cheers!

mememegogirl
05-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Don't you love bbq season?!? Grilled chicken breast, roasted peppers and baby potatoes! YUM!

I mostly like all of the girls at my centre.... except for the one I didn't really know who gave me the big sales pitch. NO THANKS! I mean, if someone has to give a sales pitch and the 'your behind schedule speech' it should at least be someone who knows me! Overall however I like my centre as they understand that I have special needs at this time and they encourage me no matter what.

Good luck with WI tomorrow Witchie. I'm sure you'll knock their socks off! And someday soon someone will notice how hard you are working and how fabulous you look and feel!

Nicole210
05-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've had a chance to read up on everybody's progress... good job on the losses! I made the most satisfying supper tonight and I thought I'd share it with everyone! It's easy enough to make in a hurry when you have the protein bits prepared ahead of time, and I made the exact same portion size for my bf and he lovvvvvved it!!

4oz lean ground beef
1- 6" tortilla
4 TBSP of salsa
1 cup of lettuce
1/2 cup of peppers
spray of Pam Olive Oil

So what I did was spray the 6" tortilla with pam, placed in into a round glass dish and shaped it into a bowl...put it in the oven on 400 F until it was crispy and then tossed in the salad bits/salsa and beef... and there you go! A crispy taco salad! I liked it so much that I just baked another tortilla to put my chicken salad in tomorrow!

That's:
1 protein
1.5 veg
1 starch
1 free exchange

Does anybody else find it strange that Pam is ok for unlimited use? I questioned it at HM the other night because they told me that it wasn't ok to use that towards a fat. I use it quite a bit and there is a significant fat content in it. They told me to add in some extra olive oil regardless of how much of the spray I was using. Odd.

witchie
05-27-2009, 09:17 AM
I agree with you Nicole. I use the Olive Oil Pam, and count it as a fat, regardless of what they've said. But that taco salad sounds great, you could add on a wee bit of fat free sour cream as well. Mmmmm sounds like lunch!

Thanks for the good luckage meme!

witchie
05-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Nicole: You should post your taco salad recipe here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170512

Chantal0123
05-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Hi there!

I've been away for a day... I had bad pain in my lower right quadrant... close to my appendice... anyhow, went to the emergency yesterday morning.
Doesn't seem to be an appendicitis...but I'm now thinking it's probably a cyst that busted on an ovary.

I have a crappy crappy day yesterday. I ate almost no veggies, 2 fruits, more starch, not enough water...I ate chips and had a half club sandwich...
Bad, bad, bad. But... I know. When I have a crappy day, I eat this way.
Hopefully I won't have a crappy week :) lol

I was down 1.2 on Monday. Total of 2.2 pounds for the week. I've started week 9 yesterday... don't think I'll see a loss tonight!! I'll keep you posted.

Hope y'all are doing great!!

witchie
05-27-2009, 10:34 AM
WI was good, I'm down 1 3/4 lbs for the week, and 2 1/2 inches. Not too shabby.
Chantal, sorry to hear about your crappy day. I used to react the same way, eat myself into oblivion when I'm having a crap day. I now cope differently (thank the gods), instead its a hot bath with a good book and a fav beverage, or some alone time, just me and my ipod and the open road. Anyhoo, better days ahead. Cheers!

mememegogirl
05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Chantal: I am sorry you had a rough day. Be gentle with yourself. It has happened to all of us. I hope you figure out your health issue. That had to have been scary! Good job on your loss for the week. You're doing great!

Witchie: Good job to you as well!

I am down just over one lb too. YAY! By Saturday (the start of my week) I should be at my minimum of 2lbs if not more. I've been setting some mini-goals for myself which helps. For example: we are going to visit friends in Alberta in the beginning of July. She is losing weight too. If we work hard at it we can go have some girl time together as our reward for achieving a mini-goal. I have 4 weeks. To be at or to have surpassed 30lbs lost by then would be great!

Also, I want to free up money for more fun stuff in the near future by completing my program on time. Besides, it feels so good to be shrinking! What motivates all of you?

Chantal0123
05-27-2009, 11:12 AM
What motivates all of you?

For me... it's visualizing myself in my new clothes, actually ENJOYING a shopping spree, walking in my bikini comfortably, BEING ME, freeing me I guess... I feel wrapped up in this fat...hiding.

I want to be the outgoing me again...and be out there and proud of who I am!!

2 years ago, I got control of our spending habits... we weren't too good with managing our money. 2 years later, we are doing SO awesome.

Now, the next thing on my list was weight... I knew I had to change something...I was sooo unhappy!

witchie
05-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Chantal, it sounds like you are doing what you need to do to get where you want to be, so keep on going, one foot in front of the other.

meme: Good for you! A trip to Alberta, wow sounds like fun!

Chantal0123
05-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I forgot my book at home...

Is Sour Cream dairy or FE? And what's the portion?
Thinking about doing that Taco Salad for dinner :)

momof5k
05-27-2009, 03:20 PM
4 tablespoons of fat free sour cream are a free exchange BOO! ;)

Chantal0123
05-27-2009, 03:23 PM
You wonder why... pffffft!

momof5k
05-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I am a little worried about my WI today (may skip and go tomorrow instead) as my scale says I am up a bit. I have been on plan with the exception of a few (like 6) crackers yesterday (which counted as my starches) with some spinach dip on them (darn book club goodies LOL)

The other thing is, I have been exercising more this week and I did a new workout yesterday that have my glutes and my calves screaming today! What I have been reading about exercise and weight gain/loss is that often if muscles are worked/overworked they send fluid to the area to heal them...and this ends in increase readings on the scale.

So it may be possible that my wi may show my weight is up (maybe up to a couple of pounds!!)?? I don't know if I can face that today. Seems so unfair that exercise to be healthier makes the scale betray you. :mad: If I see anything back in the 250's I'll be really REALLY upset!!

Oh well...that's my rant. Thanks for "listening"?

Chantal0123
05-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Momo - I know what you mean. But exercise is what makes you firm...and you might end up "shrinking" more than losing pounds... which is ok too!

Anyhow, just a thought. Don't be afraid. Exercise is good for you.
It'll keep all the "jiggles" away :)

mememegogirl
05-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Momo: I understand your hesitancy to go in for WI today... especially if you are anticipating a slight increase. However, overall... as Chantal already stated... exercise is a must! There were girls at my centre (who have since moved on) that were on program, were slim, but were gooey if you know what I mean. Remember, muscle burns calories even when you are at rest. You might end up weighing more in the end, but you will look leaner than ever. A toned body is way better than just a slim one that jiggles. Keep your head up and keep working!

Speaking of which... I am going to hot yoga tonight. I am so excited! It will feel so good to be doing something to help my back heal! Wish me luck as I really have to be careful not to push myself, overextend or cause further injury. It is a fine balance...

chunksoflove
05-28-2009, 01:16 AM
What motivates me is looking at old pictures of myself from when I was at my slimmest... how i felt about myself then is how i feel about myself now. Now I know not to be so hard on myself and appreciate what I've worked to become!!

HOT YOGA!! I've always wanted to try that. Have fun!

As for my update. Today was measurement day and the day where you tally up the week. Here are the results for the week:

-4.5lbs (:O)
-6inches (everywhere except my leg!!)

So that's a total of 7 and 1/4 pounds and 8inches for two weeks.

I'm really excited about this, because I was looking at my old success charts from when I was on HM before, and I didn't start losing inches until the 3rd week. Yaaaaaaay.

I hope every had a good measurement day!

momof5k
05-28-2009, 01:50 AM
chunksof love:Congratulations! That is awesome progress for your first two weeks!

mememegogirl: Hot Yoga sounds like fun. I have a few friends that do it but I am SO not into heat that I don't think it's for me. Hope you had a great time.

I decided not to go in for my wi...partly because I know I am not going to like what I see there and I am hoping that this water weight will disappear by tomorrow...and partly because it was a very busy day and finding the time to drive in there would have added too much stress to my day.

I'll go tomorrow and hopefully the scale there will be kinder than mine has been at home today :(

Good night all!

witchie
05-28-2009, 09:30 AM
I think for myself, it is important to go to all the weigh ins. For me, I have to be held accountable, thats just the way I am. Avoiding uncomfortable situations and accountability, is one of the reasons I got to being over weight. I know that if I started avoiding weighing in when I felt heavy it would just snowball and I would quit all together. There have been times when I went in and was up by 2 lbs, and there have been weeks when I have lost nothing, ya just gotta keep going! Don't worry so much about the scale, I have only lost 20lbs, but have lost 30 1/2 inches, sometimes you lose nothing but inches in a week and that would be the results of your exercise. You can do it momo, just keep on truckin, and ditch the scale for awhile.

mememegogirl
05-28-2009, 11:03 AM
That is some great perspective witchie. I have always said that I don't care about the numbers on the scale but about how I feel overall. Inch loss is what makes the difference. This is what makes our clothes fit better and is also what is visible to others.

Hot Yoga was good. I will have to learn what I can and can't do thru trial and error as today I am in quite a bit of pain. I will have to consult with my doctor some more so that we can lay out a plan. Overall, if I can be moving and active I will be happier, and more importantly I will be healthier. The bonus is how it will affect my weightloss and inches. More and more I am feeling the pressure to stick to and complete this program. It is just one more financial burden when we already have so many medical expenses to cope with.

momof5k
05-28-2009, 12:51 PM
So I went in for my wi first thing this morning and I am down .2 pounds. I'll take that.

At my centre, there is only one girl working there that I really don't like and so, of course, that is who I got today :(

So, she did my wi and frowns... then looks through my journal and sees that I had chili on Monday. That is NOT on the program, she says. Hum....interesting, I say, because I was at the centre on Monday afternoon and had an entire conversation about chili with the staff and how to count that in my day....and then she is just silent. Grrr!

Anyway, a .2 loss is better than a gain and I know that I am feeling better and my clothes are feeling better so that is what counts. I had planned to get my measurements done today too (because I had only one child with me :) ) but I didn't really want to hear anything else from this particular woman anymore so I may go in tomorrow or Saturday for that...or just wait until Monday. That will make it two weeks since my last measurements were done so that could be a good time to go in. How often do you all get yours done?

witchie...I hear you on the accountability thing. And if I had been cheating a bunch and "knew" that my weight should be up, I'd totally go in and just grin and bear it. My problem this week was the fact that I had stayed on the program and I felt that my real weight (read: FAT!) has changed but that the water retention or whatever was not getting the scale to reflect that. The girls at my center that I have talked to about this don't seem to have any good information about this.

Has anyone else had conversations at their centres about how exercise effects the scale? Any good info you'd like to share?

As always thanks for the encouragement everyone!

fbenjamin
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
momof5k : Sorry you got stuck with the girl you don't like. I can't believe she acted like that. I'm so thankful that none of the girls at my center are like that. I too only lost .2 but like you said, it's better than a gain. The only problem I've ever encountered so far is one of the girls told me that she needed to see another pound gone by the end of the week. Kind of irritated me a bit seeing as how I am ahead of schedule by 7 lbs! Whatever!

Anyways I just finished my 3 rd week of Herbal Magic and I'm down 12.8 lbs and 10 inches :carrot: Yaahoo!! I also wanted to mention that I had the taco salad that was mentioned and it was so so so yummy! I felt like I was eating so bad, but I wasn't!!

Good job everyone on your losses! Can't wait to see what my WI for tomorrow says!

Chantal0123
05-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Hi there ladies!!!

Congrats to all for your losses...even if it's 0.2... it's still a loss!

For my part, I gained 0.2 but I was expecting it.
So I took it, went in, told them exactly all the junk I ate and took responsibility for it....with a smile! Was it worth it in the end? Hmmm Yes & No. I have to admit the club was good...the fries were ok.

Anyhow, that's it for me! I'm hoping to be at least 2 pounds down by Monday!
If I stick to at least 2 pounds...I'll hit my mini-goal a few weeks ahead of time.
I have 7 weeks left - 12 pounds left...so if I go at least 1.7 pounds per week, I'll hit my target - woot woot! BUT, my goal obviously would be to hit it before.

My vacation is also scaring me... end of June...afraid of not having a routine...restaurants and stuff.... :(

Nicole210
05-28-2009, 09:14 PM
fbenjamin... I know! The taco salad was almost too good! I've used the baked tortilla shell a couple of times since I came up with that and I'm always so satisfied afterwards! When it comes down to it.... a 6" tortilla just isn't big enough to hold a serving and a half of veggies! Glad you liked it ; )

witchie
05-28-2009, 09:30 PM
momo: I find that the weeks that I really work hard on the treadmill, and light weights, the loss is reflected more in inches, which is fine with me! As long as I'm losing, whether it be on the scale or on the measuring tape, either way I'm happy. The scale can sometimes be more of a stressor, just keep up the good work, and put the scale in the closet for awhile. Chin up!

Geez I really have to try this baked tortilla thingy!

Chantal0123
05-29-2009, 09:36 AM
I had the Taco Salad too!
I wanted to let you guys know what I did...

For my dressing, I used half a teaspoon of Salsa, one teaspoon of mayo, and one teaspoon of FF Sour Cream... WOW... Plenty of dressing for 1 F...and a tiny bit of an FE. It was to die for... I added 0.5 oz of shredded cheese too... mmmmmmmm! I want it again! lol

Dria
05-29-2009, 10:30 AM
My goodness has life been hectic and cruddy this week.
BUT Thankfully I have stayed on the HM path.
I went for my W.I this morning and Im a lb down since Wednesday so Im happy with that.
I now have 12.2lbs left to hit my goal.......
total weight lost is 43.8 lbs.
I have switched things up
I am trying to follow my goal of switching my eating habits.. small breaky medium lunch and big supper to the opposite.
Bigger breaky medium lunch to a light supper.
A shake for breaky now cause I was starting to find the cereal and fruits in the am werent cutting it so the shake keeps me full.
Then my scetti meals for lunch with a veggie and a fruit normally.... then a protein and salad for supper...... its helping me burn off the big things through the day instead of sitting with them for the evening and bed.... seems to be helping!!
Good job ladies with the losses!!

witchie
05-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm trying to change it up a bit as well. I tend to eat the same things over and over. Can't wait for the bloody rain to stop so I can get out there and root around in the garden! WI today and I am the same as wednesday, blah! Oh well, at least I'm not up. 16 lbs to go, and it can't come soon enough!

Chantal0123
05-29-2009, 03:23 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

CAN YOU TELL I HAVE SOME EXCITING NEWS???? lol

I went shopping at lunch...OMG! I was wearing size 18 jeans (Reitmans style)... bought some size 15 today!! OMG! Even the shirts...I mean in some styles, it's LARGE... other it's X-large but that's ok... I couldn't fit in those anymore...I had to shop on the Plus size for the 1X sometimes 2X...

I realized right then & there that I had lost SO much weight... I couldn't believe it. I'm so happy.

momof5k
05-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Woohoo!!! Congratulations!! That's awesome!!

I am hoping to lose a little more before I go shopping but I can definitely feel a difference in the clothes I have been wearing so hopefully I 'll have some similar celebrating to do :)

Chantal0123
05-29-2009, 03:49 PM
See...I wanted to wait TOO...but I didn't have a choice really...When people tell you that you NEED a new pair of jeans...that's when you need to go.
I knew it... I knew it 2 weeks, I knew it last week...but now, it's ridiculous... I could remove them without unzipping! lol

So I bought only one pair...and they should fit me well for another 20 pounds I'm guessing... I think LOL

witchie
05-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Woot! Good for you Chantal!! I'm holding out too, but I'll need new bras soon, or I may have a "costume malfunction" soon. Good work girls!!

momof5k
05-29-2009, 04:39 PM
I'll need new bras soon, or I may have a "costume malfunction" soon.

:lol::lol::lol:

mememegogirl
05-29-2009, 06:58 PM
What a great feeling Chantal! That is awesome news! You are doing awesome! Same to the rest of you who need new clothes! We are doing this!

I lost my required 2lbs for the week and now that I am able to do a little more physically I think that I shall do at least that or better in the days to come. Wouldn't it be great to be down another 1lb by Monday? I think I shall shoot for that!

mememegogirl
05-29-2009, 07:04 PM
Where are Michele and Lady and UFF and all of the many others who are MIA? I hope that this isn't a bad sign about how they are progressing or about how their health is doing... they have all worked so hard and have been such an encouragement to the rest of us. Sending prayers and happy thoughts your way girls!

keoughj6
05-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey Ladies!!
I have not been on in a long time! Just thought I would check in, i see everyone seems to be doing awsome! I finally have under 10lbs to go. I guess it is 8lbs now!
Since Monday I have been doing the VHP's, I don't know if anyone eles has done them or not.
My center has me doing one VHP for Breakfast, 5 oz chicken 3 cup veggie for lunch, and then another VHP for supper. Then my water of course.
It is not too bad but I can honestly say that I would be willing to eat just about anything right now, I am sooo hungry. O well It works! I was stuck for quite awhile and then I started the shakes and from monday - wednesday I was down 3 lbs!
Anyway sorry about the long post but I was wondering if anyone eles has done this and how they did???
Thanks I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Nicole210
05-30-2009, 11:33 AM
CONGRATS everybody for the losses again! Chantel... that's VERY exciting news. I'm down just about 12 lbs and I'm starting to feel a difference in my clothes. I have acquired such a 'stretchy' wardrobe, that in hindsight, was much too tight.... everything fits so much better now.

Keough... what's a VHP...? Congrats on nearing your goal.... does the plan change much once you get closer to reaching your goal?

Nicole210
05-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Ohhhh by the way.... my last weight in, I broke into the 90's.... what a great feeling. I was a little more emotional than I had anticipated... but it felt AWESOME. To treat myself... I'm going to re-vamp my underwear. I've found that the more I lost my confidence by gaining weight, the more my undie collection suffered! My good ones are tattered and everything else was bought to suck in giggly bits...

witchie
05-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Keough: Are those the shakes? I wonder how your body will react when you go back to eating "meals" instead of VHPs, has your centre commented at all? I'm drinking one of the chocolate shakes right now for the first time and all I can say is Mmmmmmmm. These are great! Wouldn't mind replacing all meals with these. Yum! Congrats on all the hard work!!

Nicole: I hear ya about the underwear, my underwear drawer needs a complete overhaul!

mememegogirl
05-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I think VHP stands for Very High Protein non? I didn't know that HM recommended those kinds of approaches for plateau breaking. It sounds kind of like doing slimfast or something to me... but that is ok... Keough you have been successful doing this and have lost 3lbs quickly. Good job! Hopefully with centre support you will be able to reintegrate into real food and will appreciate it that much more! I know I would... :)

My official weightloss for the week is 2.7lbs and 4 3/4 inches .. not bad for one week! I am on an exercise regime now so I think that will really help. I got the speech today again about being behind (by their calculations by 9 weeks) but whatever.... according to MY schedule I am doing great and I will continue doing what I am doing!

Dria
05-31-2009, 02:35 PM
The shakes are yummy. Chocolate is my favorite then the strawberry then the vanilla is DEAD last lol. I know some people add fruit to the shakes I never have yet but some like them better that way
The VHP shakes count as 1 protein 1 starch and 1 fat. They are also very filling. I have started having one for breakfast as I noticed my usual fruit and cereal wasnt cutting it til lunch anymore.
This weekend has been good so far. trying to behave myself stole about 4 of my daughters fries at burger king yesterday afternoon but thats about it.
For lunch Im finishing off my starch for the day. 3/4 cup of special k 1 cup strawberries and 1/2 cup of carrots. Tonight for supper will be a bbq'd chicken breast salad and cheese. yummy.
Hope everyones having a good weekend!!

lee2lee
05-31-2009, 11:24 PM
OK my doctor visit all in all was a good one... I did not mention my weight loss efforts only because I want to go back in for my physical next year a different person. Sugars were 5.5 which to my doctor was on the "high" side of normal. Cholesterol was good, hemoglobin was good, thyroid was good, all electrolytes were good.... I have a black cloud hanging over me which is genetics... so he gave me a stern look and basically said I have to lose weight...I am a candidate for metabolic syndrome... so his recommendation was a low glycemic diet... which HM is right?? LOL wait until next year!!!!

Now my week was ok until Friday... I intentionally missed my WI and I had a horrible weekend. Went out and partied a bit too much and then the next days went down hill after that. I did not document my food, I will hold my head high walk in step on the scale and continue on...I will not let them make feel less of a person for this... I had a great time and I don't regret it, and I danced a lot Friday night as well. exercise and water will be friend this week. I spent the day gardening today so some exercise was had. Do I feel bad??? NOPE... I will just continue on... I will let you all know what happened.

To all those ladies buying new clothes.... You look great!!!! Strut your stuff sexy ladies LOL!!! What a great feeling eh??

Gotta go... Talk soon ladies!!

Chantal0123
06-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Happy Monday ladies...1st of June already!! Wow... time flies!

WI on Friday - lost another pound! 24 pounds lost.
I'm hoping to have close to 2 pounds tonight...we shall see :)

I tried on 2 pairs of pants for work this morning... they do not fit anymore... lol It's really GREAT but at the same time, I'm checking my selection..not many left... !!!! Can we please get the summer here so I can wear my capris??????!!! lol

lee2lee: You know best. Get back on track - that's what really matters!! We all cheat once in a while!

meme: WAY TO GO for your loss - you're doing AWESOME! And thanks for your support too !!

Nicole: Thanks!! Have fun revamping your undies LOL

Dria
06-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Reporting for Check in
Lee Im glad your keeping your head up and gonna keep on truckin'. Sometimes we need some fun!!! Keep on going!!!

Nicole I also need to get some new undies as well. So far Ive been lucky and have found other ways ;) But I really do need to go buy some new ones.

Meme Good work!! Keep it up!!!

All of you ladies may we have the will power we need to kick some butt this week and rid ourselves of some poundage.

Last weeks Monday W/I
133.6lbs which was 42.6 gone total and 54.4inches.
This week Monday W/I 131.8 lbs

Which means!!!
I have lost a total of 44.4 lbs And 56 Inches total gone.
This week I went down 1.8 total!!

My lady today again said Your going to be done 2 months early YEEEEEEEEEEE
She told me to be very proud of that as it rarely happens!!! Hearing that made me walk with my head a little higher today.
The inches I lost this week was only off my ribs. 1.5" off my ribs this week. Insane!!!

Cant wait to hear about some great W.I's ladies

HappyGirl
06-01-2009, 12:20 PM
How motivating! WI this morninig showed a 3.0lb loss! woo hoo for me! And over the weekend yet - that the hardest time for me to stay on program. Was able to get out for a couple of walks early in the morning so maybe that helped speed up the weight loss. Regardless of what it was - I love it!

Can't wait for Wed. to see just how many inches I've lost. I've lost a total of 6 lbs in three weeks...exacty on schedule according to my girl. And it truly doesn't feel like depravation....it does however encourage me to make better choices and get those fruit and veggies in! Which in turn makes me feel better and have more energy.

Reading all of your success ladies is really motivating! Something else that I find motiviating is when we list what we've eaten for the day. Give us some new ideas...

My breakfast today: 1/2c Cheerios, 3oz yougurt, 1/2 blueberries, coffee.

What did you have for breakfast today?

Here's to a great week of weight loss!

~Cari

HappyGirl
06-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Great! I now have the Edit Signature option available to me! This forum has so many neat things! It's the little things in life which make you smile....

:carrot:

Chantal0123
06-01-2009, 12:56 PM
I bought a lean cuisine for lunch since I had NO leftovers.
So I'm surprised... surprised that it doesn't count as an FE (for pasta sauce)... ? And it also counts as 1 Veggie?? Haven't seen ANY veggies in there...

Also, the one I ate (Cheese Ravioli) is made with Ricotta cheese...which is NO NO... hmmmmm

Wonder who is revising these....just a question here :)

What do you all think?

Chantal0123
06-01-2009, 12:57 PM
HappyGirl - woohoo! Exciting huh! Now you need to get a ticker and keep us in the loop! You should also write when you started HM in your signature... if you don't mind, of course! :)

Chantal0123
06-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I was talking to a friend... her BIL (which I know well) (BIL - Brother-in-Law - in case!!) did Bernstein a few months ago.

Well, he's gaining most of it back...eating & hiding...

I was sad to hear...we've ALL (or most of us) been there... and you know how you feel...you're almost to the point where you disgust yourself.

See...WL is more than losing weight... and I find it SAD that many (or all) the WL programs do NOT offer any support in that sense.

Yes, some people gain 40 pounds with a pregnancy, operation, name it...lose it, and it's over. But for some...it's tangled up with emotions, it's a drug, it's a medicine for pain... Something might have happened to us when we were young... My mom would go out and feel guilty...so she'd buy be chips, chocolate & candies... My big treat. What do I do now when I feel lonely???
I eat chips, chocolate & Candies...all together in one evening.

These people, like I, need help... serious help... Am I the only one who sees this?

mememegogirl
06-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Chantal: That is pretty profound stuff. I think all of us can relate to most if not all of what you are saying. Thanks for the reminder that this journey is not just about lbs and inches but rather about all of the underlying situations that brought us to the point where we came to HM for help.

HappyGirl: Awesome Ticker!

Lee: I think that your doctor will be shocked next year! As for your weekend ... it happens right? The important thing as you know is that you are back on track.

As for me,... I am enjoying being physically active! It makes a huge difference to my mood and how I feel. My back is complaining... but it complains no matter what... Hot yoga again tonight! I am excited.

lee2lee
06-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Well I am pleased to report that my wacky weekend resulted in a whole 0.4 weight gain... Thank heavens. They weren't too happy so now I have to loose 3 pounds by June 8th. I am at 211.8 I believe. Back on track I am and drinking tons of mint green tea!!! And on to my treadmill tonight for some sweating. I am off all this week and I go back to work Friday night so I can exercise pretty much every day!!!

And you know what... I don't regret the good times I had at all... and the dancing and gardening I did must have done some good. I will check back later gals to see how everyone's Monday was.... after the treadmill of course.!!!

Start date April 20th 2009

lee2lee
06-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I noticed on your ticker that your goal is 180 pounds and you are 5'8"??? Did you set that goal or did HM??? Just curious because I am 5'5" and mine is at 140... you are only 3 inches taller and you have 40 pounds more on your to be slim self.... bigger boned??? Take this as a curiosity thing and no offense is meant by any of my questions... Just in case you were wondering. And if its none of my business just tell me to shut my trap!!!!:D:hug: Any one on facebook?? just wondered who I could stalk out to see some pictures... LOL I am on there... My picture is on my blog... just click the link on the left where all the info is.

Lee2lee

Nicole210
06-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Hmmm no one has ever talked to me about Lean Cuisine! Is that an extra booklet thing for the journal... also.... I've noticed people talking about they're "lady" lol... everytime I got to write about my "lady" I wonder what the heck I could call her?!

Nicole210
06-01-2009, 08:30 PM
I think I have a tracker now!!!

Dria
06-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Trying to set up my ticker.... its not working with me lol

Ahhhh nevermind there tis!

Anyways spent today in Winnipeg today had to take hubby to get some jeans and shoes. I decided to try on some...
Grabbed some shorts cause all I have is 2 pairs capris and one pair of jeans that fit.
Grabbed a size 30 at bootlegger thought I was wishful thinking lol.
Nope those didnt fit.... asked for a 29
nope those didnt fit
Asked for a 28 those fit better but wanted a 27.......
sadly they didnt havea 27 so I got the 28 on sale and decided I would suck it up and deal with them for 10lbs difference.. But boy do I need a tan..... and some toning on them leggies yikes lol

Yeah size 28...... wowwwwwwwwwww havent seen that since I was 17 years old..... MUAHAHAHAH Doing the happy dance tonight :)

chunksoflove
06-02-2009, 12:40 AM
YAY Congrats girlies!

I haven't been around in awhile so I don't know who to comment on. But I CANNOT WAIT to go to the store and pick out smaller clothes! That is AWESOME good for you DRIA!

Oh my did I ever get into the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies over the weekend...oopsie! They tasted great, but I felt yucky after and a little dumb because I was already UP at weigh in before that. Oh dear...

Today I managed to be down .25. But I am going in almost everyday this week to keep myself on track.

QUESTION:

Has anyone noticed a change in how they lose when Aunt Flo is in town?

Dria
06-02-2009, 01:42 AM
I have heard that most people when dealing with the "monthly bliss" tend to bloat thus showing on the scale. Supposedly can hold steady. or go up one or two lbs... but then the next week after the bliss leaves....... so does the weight.
I dont know...... I dont deal with monthly bliss issues as I take a steady dose of birth control pills. This is an effort to fight with my severe anemia...... I just cannot lose blood or Ill be going for transfusions.. it doesnt fix the problem but it keeps me from needing blood....
I do have monthly bliss 2 times a year and I did do one round while on this program and I did NOT have any weight gain.
Hope this makes some sense of some sort... need my bed ni ni ladies!!!

momof5k
06-02-2009, 02:00 AM
I did my wi today and I am down 3.8 pounds since Thursday! :woohoo: They also did measurements (first time in two weeks) and I lost another 5.5 inches!

That brings my total to 26.6 pounds gone and 22.5 inches.

25 pounds was one of my mini-milestones. Next one....to get out of the 240's

momof5k
06-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Dria: Way to go on the new jeans!

Mememegogirl: So glad you are feeling better and enjoying hot yoga

Happygirl: Nice ticker...not sure when I get signature options

Lee2lee: I am 5'8" and my goal weight is 145. This was set by HM but also by me as that is a weight that I was comfortable at for a long time (a LONG time ago) so it doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

chunksoflove: Yes, I have noticed the numbers not dropping much...or at all...or even a slight gain during TOM but it all seemed to even out after it was gone. I actually talked to someone at the clinic today about that too and she said it was really normal. Water retenion...same as my exercising last week (I took the weekend off and the pounds fell off)

chunksoflove
06-02-2009, 03:06 AM
Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat LOL

thanks for the info & quick replies!

congrats on making your MINI GOAL YAY

Chantal0123
06-02-2009, 09:11 AM
I noticed on your ticker that your goal is 180 pounds and you are 5'8"??? Did you set that goal or did HM??? Just curious because I am 5'5" and mine is at 140... you are only 3 inches taller and you have 40 pounds more on your to be slim self.... bigger boned??? Take this as a curiosity thing and no offense is meant by any of my questions... Just in case you were wondering. And if its none of my business just tell me to shut my trap!!!!:D:hug: Any one on facebook?? just wondered who I could stalk out to see some pictures... LOL I am on there... My picture is on my blog... just click the link on the left where all the info is.

Lee2lee

Hey, no problem at all!! I decided to put 180 cause when I was 180, I wore size 12 jeans and I had curves but wasn't FAT. The lowest I got was 160 I believe and my bones were sticking out from everywhere. 170 would be a good goal. I decided to write 180 and see from there if I wanted to go down to 170.

You have to understand that no one suspected that I weighed 250. NO ONE.
I'd show you pictures of me at 190 and you wouldn't think it was 190.

That's simply the way that I am. :)

And yes I'm on Facebook (Chantal Lavergne-Roy). Don't mind if you add me :)

Chantal0123
06-02-2009, 09:22 AM
momo - way to go for the loss! Isn't it great?? You're doing so good - keep it up!!

chunks - aunt flo - I find that whenever I start them, that's when my system "flushes" so I usually have a very good week when I start them...but the week before, no. I think it's different for everyone. Don't fuss about it.
You'll see the #s at some point or another :)

dria - size 28...WOW I don't even recall wearing a size 30! lol WAY TO GO!! You must be SOOOO excited. :carrot: Happy for you!! :hug:

Nicole210 - About the frozen dinner, you'll see them in your book...right after the food portions, etc. It's the next section (but in the same section). We can also eat Janes chicken burgers and other stuff like that. BUT, this is my FIRST frozen dinner in over 2 months... I wouldn't eat this on a regular basis since it's SO high in Sodium and other crappy preservatives.

lee2lee - See...not so bad huh? Yes, a small tiny setback but once in a while, not a big deal overall.

meme - I know...it's deep... When I started this journey I thought to myself, I want to help others. I know how many people suffer from this...and will suffer from this most of their lives.

It's always easier for someone to eat their loneliness then leave their spouse of 10 yrs and start their life over... or whichever I else... I've read many many books...and the examples are plenty!

Chantal0123
06-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Ok...so I went for WI last night... lost another pound. 2 pounds for this week. I'm at 25 pounds lost. 10 pounds left for my mini-goal of July 13th....totally doable :)

mememegogirl
06-02-2009, 01:56 PM
My scale has been moving upward... what the heck?!? Exercise maybe? TOM? Is it my new back medication maybe? I don't know... but I hate it. I am up 1 lb... which I know is no big deal since I am totally on track with the program but still. Nobody likes to see the scale go in the opposite direction!

Chantal0123
06-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Meme - I understand. It could be a couple of things... water retention, hormones, cycle,... Like for me... I weighed myself on Sunday night... and then I weighed again on Monday night... I was up 1 pound...
I was SO happy on Sunday cause my weight was like SO down... but no, it had to go back up on Monday!! lol

The joys of our bodies!

lee2lee
06-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Chunks of love... where are you in Ontario??? I am in little Beamsville town.. between Hamilton and Niagara Falls.

Chantal... I agree with the deciding on what is a comfortable weight for you!!! I haven't been at a comfortable weight in so many years.. I don't know what my comfort zone is!!! LOL And it also depends on what your body can maintain weight wise as well.

Memme.... Drink lots of water!!!! Add lemon to it.. maybe time of month...maybe the pills... maybe the exercise... I know my centre did not let me take "my own" calcium pills because they wanted me to buy there brand they said that the store brands will interfere with the chromagic and wm2000's and will lessen the results... WHATEVER!!!! just another reason to have people pay for their products. I know that if you take ibuprofen or tylenol or cold products my center told me to drink more water because of water retention and if you do take them they suggested that I let them know that I was taking them to watch the scales.

AS for exercise... I do believe its important for ALL of us to do some form of physical exercise because when we are all done our journey on HM we will all be different people with new bodies and new healthy eating habits but we need to move our bodies to burn calories and maintain the loss I don't care what anyone says. Now I know my center told me and my husband that if you exercise a lot or do weight lifting and you are losing too quickly they would add another protein... interesting!!! I don't know about any of you but my arms are so not toned they need some definition!!!! Now I am not exercising for hours a day like Biggest loser!!! But I do my best on my treadmill walking and light jogging for 30 minutes. I feel much better when I exercise anyways. I don't think exercise should be eliminated just to see a drop on the scale... I feel that will lead to disaster when the program is done... exercise revs up your metabolism to.

Ok hold on gals just one more thing.... Snack bars and protein bars from HM has anyone found a store brand replacement for them??? I have cut out the nutrition labels from the boxes of the bars I like to see if I could find comparable ones that are not so expensive in the store. Any suggestions??

Thanks gals you are the best

lee2lee

Chantal0123
06-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Snack bars and protein bars from HM has anyone found a store brand replacement for them??? I have cut out the nutrition labels from the boxes of the bars I like to see if I could find comparable ones that are not so expensive in the store. Any suggestions??

Someone else got this information... I think it's in one of the former threads...
I'll try to find it...I'm SOOO not busy!!

mememegogirl
06-02-2009, 03:26 PM
I think it was Michele. Look for her posts.

I will not cut out exercise! NEVER! I love it actually and was bummed out when I couldn't do anything because or my back. I am just annoyed by the scale and venting.

Regarding the lemon ... does it eventually count as a fruit if you use it enough? My meds are called Diclofenac Sodium... now you can see why I am wary about these pills... I flee from the word sodium... but I have to do what I have to do for the sake of my back... This is day 3 of those....

Chantal0123
06-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Ok here goes:
Original post from MicheleR on April 3 -
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167529&page=5

Brought a bunch of bars for them to look at. She said the closest match she has ever seen was the Slim Down Almond coconut bar which I have found at Walmart and Zellers for $2 each. Found another bar at Walmart today that was pretty well idnetical to it... also Almond flavoured and came in a green package (unfortunately I don't have the name handy at the moment!). There was another one as well that she said I could use "sparingly" since it was a little high in sugars... I think it's called Chocolate delight by Protolife (or something like that?? - pink and white box) Bought a box of 5 at Shopper's Drugmart for $10.

But then I wonder if these are considered Protein only bars...?

lee2lee
06-02-2009, 10:48 PM
I think it was Michele. Look for her posts.

Regarding the lemon ... does it eventually count as a fruit if you use it enough? My meds are called Diclofenac Sodium... now you can see why I am wary about these pills... I flee from the word sodium... but I have to do what I have to do for the sake of my back... This is day 3 of those....

In regards to the lemon I was told to use pure organic lemon juice in a bottle. It has nothing in it, and I just pour some in my water.. and I really don't mind it at all. I use it on my salads sometimes to.

And remember you only have one back... cherish it and take good care of it the best you can~~~.

lee2lee
06-02-2009, 10:52 PM
I wonder how things are with UFF and 2 dogs and 1 lady??? If you guys are out there I hope all is well with you???

lee2lee

Dria
06-03-2009, 10:36 AM
W.I This morning was fabulous! Very excited. Thought I had gone down maybe .2 or .4 but I was down .8 taking my total to 130lbs..... which in easy math means I have exactly 10lbs to go til my goal. The last 10 lbs is supposed to be hard so lets hope its not LOL!!!!
Hows everyone else doing?

Chantal0123
06-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Happy for you DRIA!! So exciting!! Hopefully, you won't run away from us after you're done!! lol

WI tonight for me & Measurements. My whole digestive system is weird...the new pill (Contraceptive) is probably doing this to my body...
One pound would be great, but I'll take whatever I can get :)

:carrot:

momof5k
06-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Good work Dria! I am doing my wi later today and will keep you all posted. Not really feeling like the scale has moved much either way but....we'll see.

Dria
06-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Fingies crossed for ya Let us know how ya do!!!!
I wont leave ya all!!! Ill have to keep my butt in gear I cant just leave!!!

chunksoflove
06-03-2009, 12:35 PM
lee2lee: I am in Oshawa, East of Toronto

witchie
06-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Holy Shamoly!! Look at all these posts. I had to read like 2 pages to catch up! Good for you Dria, almost done! WI this a.m. down 1/4 lb. I mean could it be going any slower? Sheesh! Oh well, better down than up. Cheers!

mememegogirl
06-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Dria: THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go to the rest of you with ever decreasing numbers.

mememegogirl
06-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I forgot to mention that my jeans that I started fitting into recently are now getting too big. I will have to get a belt for now but someday in the not so distant future I might have to give in and get some new pants. I am currently wearing a pair of black pants that I fished out of my closet today that are size 13 (whatever that means) and they fit so nicely right now! I love the way this feels! Also, I fit so much better in my husbands arms. I actually feel little again! :)

momof5k
06-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Holy crap! My wi today was rather surprising. I am down another 1.8 pounds...since Monday! :woohoo:

witchie
06-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Wooot! Good for you momo!

chunksoflove
06-04-2009, 12:34 AM
WAY TO GO momo, mememe, witchie, and dria on your losses!

I hope everyone was lighter at their WIs!

I am in good spirits today for 3 reasons.
1. Hit a NEW number at WI today... good bye 260s!!
2. Finally am able to have a cool signature like the rest of ya!
3. My graduation from university is TOMORROW! If I can get through 4 years of crazy schooling, I can get through this WEIGHT LOSS and GRADUATE in February! :)

momof5k
06-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Congratulations...on everything you've got going on :)

(Still no fancy signature ticker for me...waiting...waiting...waiting)

Chantal0123
06-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Momo - WOOHOO for the WL... !!!! Keep it up!
chunks - doesn't if feel nice...to wear some old pants that you kept...just in case... lol And to feel small again - I can relate :)

My WI last night - lost another 2 pounds - WOOHOO! Really HAPPY!
My mini-goal was to be 216 by mid-July (July 13)... that's only 8 pounds away and my week isn't over!! I have 6 more "Mondays" left to lost 8 pounds!

I'll be WELL over my goal I think... although...my bday and vacation is coming up! Well, I'll do my best :) SO COOL! I might lost that 8 pounds by my bday (2 weeks left).

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

witchie
06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Hooray for you Chunksoflove, happy graduation day!!
Chantal: Keep up the good work, almost 30lbs gone!! Wooot!

WI for me tomorrow, any suggestions on how to "motivate" ones bowls? Mine have gone on vacation.

Chantal0123
06-04-2009, 10:55 AM
What??? lol lol I don't get what you're saying witchie!

"any suggestions on how to "motivate" ones bowls?"??
:dizzy:

Thanks for the chearing! I know...I can smell the 30...new magnet & moving the star too! WOOHOO!

Funny...the smallest things that get me excited... lol

momof5k
06-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Could it be "bowels"? ;)

Chantal0123
06-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Ok well if you meants BOWELS.. lol then here's what helps me!

I take one capsule with lunch & with dinner of Flaxseed Oil... works like a charm for me!!

witchie
06-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes, I meant bowels LOL. I'll try the flaxseed oil caps. Merci

mememegogirl
06-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Warm water and lemon wedges or juice helps too. That was Lee who suggested that one way back and my centre said the same thing. Actual flax seed is helpful too and extra fibrous foods. Good luck... that feels terrible!

I am having a rough week. I am on track with HM but I feel kinda yucky ... like my body is retaining fluids or something. I do not like that at all!!!!!!!!!!

Chantal0123
06-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Warm water and lemon wedges or juice helps too.

Hum, maybe I'm wrong but warm water & lemon is for digestion & to "wash" out sodium and fat... They never said it was for bowels...well not to me anyways.

mememegogirl
06-04-2009, 05:10 PM
It is just you Chantal... Lol
There are lots of benefits to the water, lemon and warm water one of which is natural relief from constipation. It is known to stimulate the bowels. I love google... :)

witchie
06-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok fine, I will wash the flax seed oil caps down with warm water and lemon...

mememegogirl
06-04-2009, 05:39 PM
LOL! Leave it you to make me smile you funny, funny girl!!! Good luck with however you choose to deal with your issue.

witchie
06-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Why thank you meme. I may resort to a stick of dynamite if this lemon-flax-warm water concoction doesnt work. Cheers!

P.S. If ya ain't laughin', ya ain't livin'!

Nicole210
06-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I asked my 'girl' about the frozen food section and realized that they forgot to give one to me.... and then I forgot to bring it up again at the end of my last session. I don't plan on having them often because they told me that they're not worth the allowances you use up for them. It's a good way to grab some easy is desperate times. Does anybody have any fav's?

Chantal0123
06-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Nicole: See in 9 weeks, I ate ONE... I chose the Lean Cuisine Cheese Tortellini... And then, I questionned the center (I'm good at that!).

It says - 1 Veg...ok, there was NO veggie in there..like none.
Second, it's made with some tomato sauce... isn't that a Free Exchange?

Also, it's made with Ricotta cheese... which I was told it's a big no-no on program...

OK!! I'm all confused now...and the lady I was talking too was ALSO confused. She said "Well, these are like separate from the program."
WTH? I mean...

That's my perspective on the frozen stuff :)

witchie
06-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Ya, the frozen stuff is bad news! Way too much sodium and preservatives. Anyhoo, WI this a.m. was ok, down 1/2 lb. Slowly but surely...

Chantal0123
06-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Way to go Witchie! Hey, half a pound is still half a pound! At least it's not going up :)
I'm hoping for half a pound to a pound tonight... we shall see :)

Dria
06-05-2009, 11:30 AM
I also do not partake in the frozen meals. Never have not once. I make my own!! For those days I am rushed and need something fast I grab out of my freezer and go.
Well weigh in this am was fabulous again. Since Monday I am already down 2.4 lbs this week.
IM IN THE 120's YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SO EXCITING!!!!!!!
I was 129.4 this morning :)
Thats leaving me with 9.4lbs to go :) EEEEEEEEEe I discussed maybe changing my goal to 115 seeing im far ahead of schedual. But we will play it by ear

lee2lee
06-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Dria what exciting news.... WOW you must feel awesome!!!! Are you adjusting to seeing yourself in the mirror yet??? Is your mind registering that you now are thin... or do you see yourself as big still??? Just curious because there alot of people who are thin and think they are fat... you know how the mind plays tricks on you!!!

Witchie... it was my center who told me about the warm water and lemon juice when I was a little stopped up and drink lots of water. Also there is benefibre crystals that are sugar free and taste free, and as far as I know sodium free you add it to anything, and it helps to drink water with it too. I add it to my water a couple times of day along with the lemon juice, and that did it for me, just another idea.

And as for me... I have made my goal of 209.8 by this Friday in fact I am now 209.0 !!! I honestly did not think that I would have made it !! and I lost 3 inches this week!!! for a total of 15 inches lost and 19.6 pounds gone!!!! YAHOO!!!! Now I work all weekend and they want me to be down to 208.8 for Monday's weigh in. Cross the fingers and toes!!!

Dria
06-05-2009, 12:03 PM
I have told my friend this... and she says she is worried about me having an eating disorder if I cant wrap my head around it. ( dramatic anyone) lol I honestly dont think its that I just think Im not used to seeing myself that way.
When I look at my pictures... I see the difference I know I look skinny.... But when I look in the mirror... I still see chubby here and chubby there. Crazy My brain needs to catch up.

Lee You kicked that 209 outta there.. Fingies crossed for 208 for ya!!!! Lets have a good weekend all!!!

mememegogirl
06-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I had a bad end to my day yesterday ... no excuses.... just plain bad choices ... and lots of them. UGH. Darn that stress eating!!!!!!!!!
But, today is a new day and I shall pull up my bootstrap and make this thing happen!
Dria: I am very excited for you! You are so close!!!!!!!!
Lee: WAY TO GO!

momof5k
06-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Boy w are seeing a lot of great numbers this week. My wi today took me down another 1.4 pounds since Wednesday. That means...from last Thursday to this morning I lost 7 pounds!! That makes up for the .2 .2 .2 thing that was happening last week :)

I am now offically over the 30 pound mark and I treated myself to a pair of running shoes. I start week 4 of the couch to 5k thing today and have been doing it walking shoes so far. 30 pounds lighter I feel I deserve a reward!

Let's have a great weekend everyone! We have a family BBQ tomorrow so I will have to be careful with my food (which I am not TOO concerned about) but my weakness at these events is red wine. Sigh...one 4 ounce glass just doesn't cut it! LOL

mememegogirl
06-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Very impressive loss momo!!!!!!!!!!! Good job! You must feel great!!!!!!!!!!

witchie
06-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Way to go everyone!! We are a gorgeous bunch of girlies! Woot!!

Sigh...one 4 ounce glass just doesn't cut it! LOL

I SO feel your pain!! I'm used to drinking 6 or 8 rum & coke on a night out!!

chunksoflove
06-07-2009, 02:23 AM
Holy moly!! I go away for 2 days and I have pages of reading hehe.

Everyone seems pretty positive this week, I'm glad!!

Grad was GREAT thanks for the congrats :)

My eating was HORRIBLE giggles. I will be back on track TODAY (sunday) and I expect to be up on monday. But atleast I know why, right??

witchie
06-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Welcome back chunks! Just do extra good today, drink lots of water with lemon, and get some exercise. Hopefully the scale won't punish you too bad on Monday. Lots of yard work here, almost done putting in the garden. The weather has been great!! Cheers!

momof5k
06-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Well, I survived the famikly BBQ with only a few cheats.

First the good stuff...I had NO birthday cake (no dessert at all, actually!), I had only grilled chicken breast (skin removed), grilled veggies and spinach salad for dinner and only ONE glass of wine.

Now the not so good stuff...I couldn't keep my hand completely out of the chip bowl so I had probably between 12 and 15 chips. And I also had three stuffed mushrooms (stuffed...of course...with cream cheese :()

All and all, it could of definitely been worse but I think that the salt is causing a bit of water weight today so I am drinking tons of water and lemon in hopes of flushing it out before wi tomorrow evening.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Dria
06-07-2009, 08:46 PM
We had a family birthday get together last night. Which I told my girls about.
The plan was Chinese food. YUM I told them I wanted in on it lol. I was given permission as I am far enough ahead to be bad she said. So I tried to enjoy in proper portions and I think I did ok. I dont have fat blockers and they didnt want me to buy any this far into the game so... On Saturday morning I was 129.2 which was .2 down from my w.i on friday morning. Soooooooo Lets hope being flushing with lots and lots of water with lemon and my green and peppermint tea have helped keep it down some. Either way I had a good week and will still be down from last weeks w.i. Just wonder if Ill be good tomorrow morning after my chinese cheat lol
To be announced on the scale tomorrow morning lol.
Have a great w.i tomorrow girls!!! Hope everyone had a safe happy weekend!!!

witchie
06-08-2009, 07:35 AM
MMmmmm chinese *drools*. I haven't had REAL chinese in forever, I have however had stirfrys with no noodles, no rice, no sauce, but that is definitely NOT the same. I could so eat an eggroll right now! Anyway, enough of that. WI tomorrow, I was a good girl all weekend, and worked like mad in the garden so hopefully the scale rewards me. Cheers & good luck everyone!!

Chantal0123
06-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi there ladies!!

Weekend was ok... started off so well on Friday with my Weigh-In.
Lost 2 pounds!!! WOOT WOOT :carrot: I'm one pound shy of 30 pounds!

The rest of my week-end was good. I ate some chips on Friday & Sat (the low fat, low sodium type - that was my FE). Sunday wasn't so great.
I had a baby shower... I ate some sandwiches (my starches), ate a few cheese cube (I had no more dairy!), and veggies...and some macaroni salad! I couldn't resist. And then, I had a piece of cake...a small one...but still...I know I know...

Oh well, I took some decisions and I'll have to deal with the results!
I'm expecting a gain between 1-2 pounds since my bowels weren't the best either this weekend.

chunksoflove
06-09-2009, 02:58 AM
momo: just take it one day at a time!! We all have those little cheats! You did very well, let me tell ya!!

dria: it's not very often we get permission to have chinese food LOL I'm glad you're doing so well. You keep me motivated to stay ahead!

witchie: can't wait to hear about your success on the scale after being such a good girl haha!

chantal: HOORAY about the 2lb loss! keep drinking the water, that always helps me when i've gone astray.

For a monday it's very quiet!! Are we not sharing our goods and bads today from WI??? hehehe

After a weekend of off program eating I managed to release another pound from my body and I have reached 10lbs lost!! HOwever, I can imagine all that bad eating will catch up to me soon... but crossing my fingers that it won't.

Chantal0123
06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi everyone... wow 2 posts in a day and it's was mine & chunks!! WHERE'S EVERYONE???

So I went for WI last night... gained 0.6 pounds - NOT BAD AT ALL.
I'm not even moving my ticker cause I'll be down by Weds!!

Nothing else to report. Working from home today...boring weather!!

witchie
06-09-2009, 11:04 AM
It's only 10 am, I'm sure others will be on throughout the day. WI today was again just OK. Down 3/4 lb, which brings me to 129 & 3/4 lbs. Slowly, slowly.... Have a good day girls!

momof5k
06-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Yesterdays WI I was up .2 pounds. Not too bad considering my cheats on Saturday and then we took the kids to see UP on Sunday and I snuck some popcorn (theater popcorn!! Hae you seen the nutritional information on that!?! Yikes!!)

The good news was I lost 6 inches since last Monday! Woohoo!

Have a great day everyone :)

Chantal0123
06-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm having a tough day...I feel blah, depressed...the weather isn't helping...and I'm working from home so everything is tempting...!!!

:(

I need to find something to cheer me up...OTHER than food.

momof5k
06-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I hear ya! This weather is terrible!

How about cranking up some music and having a little dance party?

Dria
06-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Well ladies Im very happy to hear we are all cheating properly LOL
We are all doing very very well. great job ladies!!!
I must have did ok. Because I weighed in the same Monday as I did Saturday chinese food and all lol
SO Still hold at 129.2 SO I went down.... I think 2.8lbs last week. Sweet
She thinks Ill hit my 50lbs next week for sure.
Last night I made apple crisp.... and I ended up partaking maybe 1/4 cup worth but still it wasnt made with splenda or anything so blah I wanted it so I did it. Flushed myself with water and still said my normal 127 on my home scale so... whatever... I was happy to enjoy it my husband laughed when I licked my plate........ oh how sad am I LMAO
So today Im super behaving.

I agree with the down in the dumps.... Im under huge stress right now with new life plans that are to take place next spring so thats always fun going through ugh. Im not allowed to discuss the issues at this time so... my mouth stays shut other then what Ive already said.

TO all of us lets have a good week. To the ladies MIA please stop and say hi and let us know how your doing!!

MicheleR
06-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Hello! Long time no talk. Been somewhat keeping up with the reading and how you all are doing. One word: AWESOME! Keep up the great work (and the minimal cheats)!

Lots of stress with me right now too. June is always a crappy time for teachers! Way too many social events the past month or so and in the near future too. And all the year end school stuff, yay. Can't wait til July!

Doing well with the loss so far, even though I have indulged in too many beverages... still an average of about 2.4 pounds per week. Also flew by by halfway mark last week with a 5 pound loss! (Thinking it was mostly clothes and time of day... but I'll take what I can get!) Less than 20 pounds to go... 1.5 pounds from my 30 pound magnet!! Yay me.

Good luck on the final 10 Dria and nice to meet all of you newbies!

mememegogirl
06-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I am here. Been having a rough few days. TOM combined with life stressors have made it very difficult to stay on track. I was to go in for WI on Monday but got sick so I will be going in today. I expect to be up. I won't be wearing my WI outfit... in fact I'll go in with jeans! *GASP* I am not enjoying the weather either... and my back has been making it so I can't exercise ...again :( so all in all I am a little down in the mouth. But I shall persevere.

Way to go all of you who are losing in spite of real life situations and indulgences. You all are gloriously beautiful! :)

sunnygal
06-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Hello Ladies,

You inspire me! I'm joining Herbal Magic tomorrow...wish me luck!

Dria
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Well Sunny a big big WELCOME TO YOU!!!! Glad you have come here to join us. I hope you come back very soon and let us know how it went!

Oh I forgot to tell you girls....... 3" gone last week. One off my waist one off my knee and one off my calf.

chunksoflove
06-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Yay finally some posts!!

WELCOME SUNNY!! let's hope you bring the sunny weather too... this rain is the pits! you're gonna love HM and absolutely ADORE 3FC! Woo hoo.

No news for me. Just been working out the last 2 days trying to keep the bad eating from the weekend at bay hehe. TOMORROW is WI and my weekly measurements... DUN DUN DUN!

momof5k
06-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Welcome Sunny! Nice to see some more newbies to 3FC (I am still relatively new here too)

mememegogirl
06-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Welcome Sunny! Welcome to the journey!

mememegogirl
06-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Dria: That is great about the inch loss! What are people saying to you about your loss?

Dria
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Good Luck today Chunks!!!

Meme More and more recently Im getting lots of comments now. The first 25-30lbs.... nothing..... hardly anyone said boo about it. But now.... yeah its coming.

Even the guy who pumps my gas stopped me and Said now Dria...... please do not be offended....... But....... you have lost weight havent you, and quite a bit right. I said yes. And Im not offended.
So we chit chatted for a bit about that. MY GAS GUY!!! lol

So it just goes to show..... it makes a difference even the people you dont expect to notice... will and do..... though some may not say it.

I went for my weigh in today and I went down .8 from Monday.
SO scale now says 128.4
Im so close to my 50lbs.......

Hope everyone has a really great day. Good weather is not in the cards for us til at least saturday here and Im pouting.... I was some sun.......

witchie
06-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Welcome Sunny, please bring some sunny shine with ya!!

Dria, you are kickin a*s, good work!

WI for me today was good, down another 3/4 lb, which brings me to 22.5 lbs down, and 36.5 inches lost (thats 3 feet!) Woot!
Cheers gals!!

Dria
06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
HOLY CRAP WITCHIE!!!! 3 feet I never thought of it that way.......
Ive lost 59" so thats like........ ah I suck at math Im not gonna sit and figure it out.... LMAO

Congrats Congrats..... We are talking more and more about moving my goal to 115....... So you and I may end up around the same size lol isnt that cool!!!!

Dria
06-10-2009, 11:33 AM
AHAHAHA I cheated and went to a conversion thinger lol

Answer: 59 " = 4.91666 FEET
47.8lbs = 21.73kgs......... fun fun

lee2lee
06-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Just for you who like to know conversions

1 pound equals 2.2 kg and there is 12 inches in 1 foot.

I am doing ok... I have now weighed in at 207.8 which is a loss of 0.4 since Monday. I also lost 3 more inches this week, for a total of 18 inches lost. The girls at work are starting to notice that I am loosing which is good. I have lost 20.8 pounds since April 20th. YAHOO

My centre is having a contest that is a BINGO you have to pick a challenge for the week.... like drink 12 glasses of water a day for 5 days, eat all white meat this week, no free exchange for 5 day etc. IF you meet your challenge for the week you get a ballot for 100 dollars towards products. This runs for one month. My daughter who came with me this week picked no free exchange for 5 days... so no free x bars until Friday... Oh how I love her :)

Congratulations Dria and Witchie for losses and being close to numbers I can only dream of LOL>>> will come in due time for me. And for those down on themselves and feeling yucky because of TOM and the weather.. chin up and keep plugging through life's stressors... exercise NOT food!!! and if you slip up tomorrow is another day.

And welcome to the newbies...

take care

Lee2lee

Chantal0123
06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi there,

I don't have much time to read & write...but I'll write.
I'm not doing well, not sure where I'm headed.

I'm feeling depressed. I'm simply freggin' tired of planning, measuring, planning...I feel like my mind had enough...I feel like I'm overwhelmed with emotions and I just can't control myself.

I was told by a friend that she felt the same way I did...to be careful cause a lot of people suffer from a depression when they are on a diet...and changing so many things in their life.

I feel as though I don't have fun anymore! I watch and count and monitor and calculate and plan and measure EVERYTHING! I'm becoming obsessed in a way... And I find myself AVOIDING any outings... cause I'm afraid.

One, I'm afraid of cheating. Second, I'm afraid of not enjoying myself, of feeling deprived...

Like going to the movies... we haven;t been cause I'll want popcorn... we might eat out afterwards and eating a salad at a restaurant is not something I like.

I just feel depressed, sad... I cry easily... weather isn't helping.

Anyhow, if you don't see me, that's why.

momof5k
06-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh Chantal,

Don't leave us! I think that these difficult times are exactly when we need each other most.

None of us may know exactly what you are feeling as we all have our own journey to travel but who else can even come close to understanding? We are all fighting a battle and having the support from one another is so important.

When I first found this site..and this thread...one of the things I remember most is how EXCITED you were about this! It made me excited too! Your enthusiam inspired me...now let some of the things that WE write, inspire you.

And know that this is a safe place to come and complain, vent, celebrate, grieve, mourn, etc.. whatever you need to do in that moment. We are all here for you! :hug:

mememegogirl
06-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Chantal: All I can say is I think that many of us understand. I am sending encouragement and hugs your way. Hang in there!

Dria
06-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey there Chantal. DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!! Im gonna guess also a big part is the weather right now. When we cant get out and about in nice sunny weather everything else looks grim too

When I am feeling bad about this diet and what Im "Missing" out on I tell myself..... This isnt forever....... its not forever. Just remember that. I give myself a pep talk saying stuff like that....... This isnt forever..... when Im to the point Im allowed.. the vodka I want or the beer you want.... or those yummy imperial cookies..... or jeannies cake will be there waiting for me when I can/want it.
You have come so far!!!! Your so close just keep wading through YOU CAN DO IT....... Because you have us here to listen and help any way we can.
Just keep thinking.... this isnt forever.

witchie
06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Yup I agree Dria!! Its not forever, Its just for now. Chantal, you've lost almost 30 lbs, thats something to be proud of. When I start to feel like crap, I throw on my ipod and go for a good walk, theres nothing like some kick a*s music to get ya motivated. I guarantee you will feel better once those endorphins hit your blood stream!! I think we sometimes get caught up on how hard it is, and what were missing, and measuring, and weighing, and we dwell on all the things that we don't/can't have, that we forget to be grateful for all the things that we do have. So, chin up girl, better days ahead!!

Chantal0123
06-10-2009, 03:45 PM
I feel like this is more than just a bad day... I feel like this is the end of the world, like nothing in my life is right...

Could be the hormones...gosh I wonder if I'm pregnant!
I just feel bipolar right now (lol) Had a smirk here.

I just feel like I don't care anymore... everything seems to be hard...my marriage, my life, me... I cry, I cry & I cry... I've been crying for 2 hours now... on & off... I'm probably oversensitive right now and I take everything personally.

I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow morning and it'll all be a bad bad dream....
It's not about the food... I've had "those" types of days... it's about emotions and I don't know what. I just feel... tired.

You girls are the best...thank you :hug:

Dria
06-10-2009, 04:13 PM
As women..... we have alot on our shoulders........ And sometimes life gets too heavy. Throws too much at us....... One day could suck or 2 solid weeks of bad no good nothing great is happening Im angry I suck type attitude kicks in. Dont worry I have total faith you will pull through. In the morning I make a choice.....
Today is gonna be a good day... or today is gonna be a bad day. Sometimes I pick bad day and those days I go for it I have a moody bad day. Seems to help getting it out of my system.
But if you choose to have a good day. Do just that. Smile when someone steps on your toe. Hold the door for someone after someone else just let one smash into your face..... Someone cut you off in traffic slow down and let someone else in. Perks me up doing a little something nice if someone else has just been rude to me.

sunnygal
06-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey Ladies,

So I had my consultation this morning. Although I had heard that the program was pricey, I was still surprised at how much it works out to with the weekly supplements. Told them I'd think about it and call them in a few days. Maybe I'll play "hard to get" and see if they offer me a better deal.

I've already decided that I will be joining, mainly because I've seen the success that all of you have had. I'm hoping to lose 50 lbs and it seems so daunting, but I have no choice. The pounds have slowly crept on and I'm sure, with much effort, they'll slowly "melt" off. I can't do this myself so I'm hoping that the program coupled with this support group is the LAST time I diet. Enough already!!!!

Chantal, you have truly inspired me. Your "numbers" are in the same range as mine and I see that you have had success and I'm hoping for the same. Hang in there.

Starting this program seems so intimidating, but I'll deal with it one day at a time.

Now, if the "girl" would just call and plead for me to join, I can officially start!

witchie
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Maybe a visit to the doctor is in order? To rule out pregnancy & depression?? You can't stay in that mood for long, its not fair to you, nor all the people around you. Like Dria said, sometimes you just have to make a choice. I suggest sitting down and making a list of the things you are grateful for, put it beside your bed or stick it to your bathroom mirror, and read it every a.m. or whenever your in the bathroom. Have you ever heard of a vision board? Google it, or you tube it if not, its very motivating. Chin up, you can do this!

witchie
06-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Sunny: The program is expensive, but trust me, I am saving LOADS by not eating out, or eating junk, so it all works out. Hope to see ya on the program soon. Cheers!

Chantal0123
06-11-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm here ladies and I'm smiling! Thank God it's a whole new day!!

I had a long talk last night with my husband...explained to him all the emotions I go through. I seemed like I was on the Biggest Loser.
For those of you who watched it, remember the time they had this little splurge at the beginning? they were granted this night out....well they had NO restrictions and they went ALL OUT many of them. They lost "control"...they lost their awareness.

And then, when they are confronted with their home, their routine...they are SO afraid....well I'm afraid. I'm afraid when I need to step out of my home, of my safe routine...and go outside, in the big bad world of restaurants....cause I can't trust myself right now.

We were thinking about going away this weekend...my first thought "Woohoo! We'll eat here and there"...and then it hit me - the first pleasure that comes to mind is - FOOD. And when I cut out the pleasure in my food, I feel like...there's no more pleasure. I feel sad...I feel restricted...

And then, it's my BDay next weekend & Father's Day. Well...here again...I feel anxious...not happy...anxious...cause I wonder what it'll do to my scale!! I want to drink, I want to eat my cake... I want to CELEBRATE and I can't see myself CELEBRATING if I can't drink, eat my cake and be merry lol

And THEN, we have our vacation coming up at the end of June...
I'm struggling... I don't want us to go ANYWHERE...cause I'm afraid of what a week could do.

So you see, this is what I was struggling with for the last few days, weeks. I was becoming obsessed with the scale, with my good numbers...
And I was mostly AFRAID of losing all my good habits and letting the old Chantal win...

It's been only 10 weeks...and I feel weak, I feel as though I'm not there yet... I'm fighting this addiction (that's how it feels to me)...and it's hard.

But today is a good day. I'll start writing in a food journal (writing thoughts - not what I eat) and maybe that will help.

Thank you - THANK YOU to all of you. Many of you made me cry yesterday...I really felt the support. :hug: xoxoox

Chantal0123
06-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Welcome Sunnygal !!

If I can inspire you, that's awesome. As you can see, I'm struggling these days with emotional stuff. For some of us, it's not just about the weight.
Some people have 30 pounds to lose after a pregnancy or an operation or whichever... lose it once and never think about it again...and live normally forever.

But for some like me, it's a struggle...it's an addiction...it's a way of life.
It's hard for me to take it one day at a time but that's what we need to do.

YOU CAN DO THIS !! Surround yourself with the support you need. Ask for the support (although it is hard at times!).

And we are all here to help out too. If you think you have some emotional stuff as well (by the way you're talking, you've done many diets before...), I recommend ALL the books by Geneen Roth. (talking of which - I need to read them AGAIN haha).

Take care and keep on posting!

Chantal0123
06-11-2009, 09:59 AM
I had this flash...and usually when I have a flash, I need to follow it.

I had this flash to start a support group for those struggling with emotional eating in my area. I wonder how much response I'd get........ I think lots.

witchie
06-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey Chantal, glad your feeling better!! Theres one thing I thought I'd share thats kinda fun for me. Its creating yummy recipes that make me feel like I'm indulging when I'm not. I search the internet, for fat free, sugar free, low sodium recipes that I can make or alter to fit, and this has helped me quite a bit. For example last week I made sugar free, fat free, banana bread. YUM. Any hoo glad your feeling better take care!

sunnygal
06-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Chantal - I hear you, sister!! When I read your posts I sometimes feel like I've written them myself ! My issues - with food, emotions etc - are very similar. The biggest difference between us at this time is that you weigh 29 lbs less than you did on March 30th. Wish I could say the same ! LOL!

I've never heard of Geneen Roth or any or her (his?) books and believe me I've done my share of reading. I'm going to look into these. I've read so many diet/food/lifestyle books but what it comes down to is following the plans. And this is where I fail. I always laugh when I see the Dr. Bernstein commercials on tv and they talk about all the weight you can lose on this plan and written, in very small letters, on the screen is "*Program compliance required*". That's my problem - compliance!! I could write books about weight loss, counsel others, tell you exactly how to lose weight - I just can't comply ! That's why I'm hoping HM will be different.

As far as your upcoming plans, and the temptations that come with them, deal with them one at a time. Altogether, they seem so overwhelming. And remember - you can't be 100% perfect, 100% of the time. (Ironic that this is a diet support group and I'm telling you it's okay to slip up.) I'm in the same boat - many many temptations coming up and I have no self control! When I'm in these situations I "forget' that I'm on a diet. Really, I forget. There's a habit that I need to change.

Anyway, I'm hoping to hear from HM today to follow up on yesterday's appointment. Hoping that they'll offer a financial incentive to join right away. Otherwise, I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

sunnygal
06-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Thank you ladies for the "warm" welcome.

I have a feeling we're going to really get to know each other!

Sunny (but sometimes Shady! - hee hee)

witchie
06-11-2009, 01:23 PM
many many temptations coming up and I have no self control!

I hear ya, this was one of my more popular sayings, along with "I have no will power". One thing that was key for me was changing my internal dialogue. Rather than saying "I have no self control etc". When I'm in a risky situation I begin saying over and over to myself " I am in complete control.

Chantal0123
06-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Sunny - Geneen is fabulous. Look up her site! I'm really sad that she gives no seminar in Canada. Only in the US. Maybe one day :)

When food is love is one of her great books!
Feeding the Hungry heart is good also.
I have another one (which has mostly exercises in it) but I can't remember the name.

Rhonda Britten ALSO is great. "Fearless Loving", "Fearless Living" and "Do I look fat in this?" are great, great books... She's been through A LOT of emotional stuff and her weight struggle was linked directly to those.

Are you on Facebook? There's also a HM group on FB but it's less active then this one.

Dria
06-11-2009, 02:12 PM
See my mentality changed when I decided the only thing I CAN control in this life is what Im putting in my body. That means no eating out cause who knows whats in it.......

So there is my control freak attitude........ lol

mememegogirl
06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
UGH!!!! :( I think many of us are in the same boat. There is much more to losing weight than people realize.

I have some catch up to do because of some difficult days last week. Since Tuesday I am already down 3.4lbs so that is a good start. Hopefully by Saturday I will be back to where I was at prior to my 'difficult days'. I am dealing with some really, really tough decisions right now for my kids and it is taking a great deal of willpower to keep it together. I am doing it but man... it is HARD!!!!!!!!

mememegogirl
06-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I forgot to mention...
Chocolate VHP + 2 heaping tsp instant coffee + an entire tray of ice cubes + 14 oz cold water and splenda to taste is TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who look longingly at Timmies every day as they advertise ice capps, etc... look no more! The above combination makes a HUGE serving and it has extra water in it and fills you right up! I am very, very pleased with it! Try it if you dare.... mwuhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

witchie
06-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Yup I love the chocolate VHP wish they werent so darn expensive!

Aditi
06-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Hello fellow losers

I am new to HM, this is my 2nd week. The first week went awesome I lost 4 lbs and I was all :carrot:

Then I got the flu :eek: :eek: could not eat, did not want to take the supplements just in case they interfere with the meds and having had no time to prepare for the week since I fell sick on the weekend the rest of this week is also a bust :cry::cry:

But I AM NOT A QUITTER!!!!!!!!!! Well actually I have quit on so many diets already I don't know how true that statement is.

Dria, you and I have the same-ish start weight and goal weight WOOHOO and you have done so fabulously well which is truly inspiring for me so I know it can be done. Any tips?!?!?!?!?

Chantal, you have some amazing numbers toooooooooo and I'm glad to see you did not give up :D:hug: Life is always throwing things at us and we would not be human bengs if we were not capable of knocking every curve ball out of the park.............

SunnyGal I so connect with you on the COMPLIANCE part.....I have the exact same problem.I understand the pgm I can teach people several plans and explain everything about weight loss and how the body does it and blah blah blah but then when it come to sticking to it and following it ...............I LOSE OUT no actually I GET LAZY

So I am hoping that you guys help keep me on the straight and narrow

chunksoflove
06-12-2009, 01:18 AM
uh oh girlies! The grad weekend eating CAUGHT UP! I was up a 1lb today!! And today I ate out for dinner with my boyfriend had PASTA dun dun dun. This weekend is gonna be water works for sure haha.

Chantal, and everyone else who has been feeling emotional and icky... I know it is only words, but we REALLY ARE here for one another and I'm glad you've brought it to the table. Keep your head up and postive thoughts flowing. I know it's hard, I've been there too. But once you round the corner again to the 'better' days you start to gain a sense of accomplishment and relief!

WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES TOO.

(def gonna try that VHP concoction)

witchie
06-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Welcome new persons!!

mememegogirl
06-12-2009, 11:32 AM
I would like to know how old everyone is and life stage.
I'll go first:
I am 35, mother of two and married.

momof5k
06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Welcome to all the newbies!

I am 37, married and a mother of five.

Chantal0123
06-12-2009, 11:58 AM
I am 28 (turning 29 next Friday), married, no kids.

sunnygal
06-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm 42, married, 2 kids.

witchie
06-12-2009, 03:32 PM
33 married, 2 kidlets, 1 doglet, 3 fishlets!

momof5k
06-12-2009, 03:58 PM
My wi today went well. Earlier this week, I went up .2 (Monday) then stayed the same (Wednesday) now today down 2.2.

That takes me out of the 240's and keeps me 10 pounds ahead of HM schedule. Yay!

MicheleR
06-12-2009, 04:03 PM
26, legally married (recently separated), no kids, 2 cats, teacher

Going for weigh in tomorrow. Not looking forward to it but not feeling too bad. My eating has been pretty good, but my beverage intake has been a little high. Although I did switch from brown cows (milk and kahlua - can you say "calorie overload"!) to gin, water, and crystal light. Still not great but it works for me.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!

momof5k
06-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Another thing that happened today...I got "Signature" privledges! Now I am trying to figure out the whole ticker thing

Here's a try... :)

momof5k
06-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Yahoo! It worked!

Dria
06-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Good Afternoon all you Sexy wonderful Ladies!!!!!

Today was a good weigh in should make my 50lbs next monday or so if I behave this weekend, which I always have good intentions to do... lol
I was another pound down since wednesday YAY.
I only need to make it to 126.6 to meet my 50lbs and Im 127.4 today so...

I am DYING to try that shake with the coffee and ice omg This weekend for sure!!!! thanks for sharing that

Ok me..... Well I am

27 years old. Though I feel 19....... been stuck there for years though.... lol
I am happily married. Have been for 8 years this July 7th.
We have two very busy farm girls.
Cailen who is 8 and Willow who is 5.
We have a busy farm house hold. But we both work off the farm as well. My husband is a Heavy Duty Transport Truck Mechanic and he is the shop foreman. I am the Parts and Service Manager at the same company. SO we spend ALL our time together lol. Yes somehow we havent killed each other yet lol.

We have 3 cats
1 dog
1 crab
and fish.
Uh think thats about it LOL

chunksoflove
06-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I am 22, boyfriend, Grad Student (only 1 more year!!)

woo hoo you finally got a ticker! AWESOME.

No news for me today.
Do you guys want to try a weekend challenge?

I know water is a big help in MY consistent weightloss, however I don't always get the 8.

I propose a challenge: To get 10 cups of water in on Saturday and Sunday.

Anyone wanna try with me? You can make your number larger or smaller :)

Dria
06-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Ill take your challenge. I usually get that amount plus 2 cups of coffee plus 2 cups of peppermint tea PLUS 1 cup of green tea :) Anyone wanna challenge that :):) lol

mememegogirl
06-12-2009, 06:25 PM
ha! I could totally blow you guys away with my liquids! I take your challenge! Add a watered down version of Crystal light (3x as much as the individual package requires) to your coffee and tea. I am usually in the bathroom.... *blush*

witchie
06-12-2009, 07:07 PM
I'll take that challenge, I'm usually pretty good at the fluid intake, although I hate running to the bathroom all the time!!

Good for you momo!

Dria: A farm!! You lucky, lucky girl. When you gonna post some more motivating pics?

Have a good night all!!

Dria
06-12-2009, 08:30 PM
momof5k sorry didnt mean to miss your big news. DOWN 2.2 is fantastic!!! Good job!!!

I should get some new pics soon. I just havent IM in the process of painting my dining room followed by my living room. ugh its alot of work so as you can imagine my house is torn apart and I dont want you seeing my house all junked up lol :)

ok SO I gave in your just gonna have to deal with my messy dining room
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/weightloss/June122009030Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/weightloss/June122009031Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/weightloss/June122009032Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/weightloss/June122009027Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Dria/weightloss/June122009033Small.jpg

lee2lee
06-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Oh Chantal the first time I tried HM I was depressed.. about the plan not other life events... because of all the planning and a couple of years ago they didn't have the dining out guide.. with kids active in sports and tournaments it was very hard for me and I became obsessed and unhappy so I quit... now I need to do something for my health and the dining out guide and the expanded list is a lifesaver for me and I feel like I can treat myself and NOT become obsessed with it.

Remember the weight can come of quickly at times... but we didn't get to where we are overnight... we need to battle to keep it off.. that is key. You can do it.!!!

Is it TOM coming?? are you pregnant??? IF these feelings continue for a period of time I would talk to your center and I would see your doctor as well.

Well I totally blew it... it was my 16 th wedding anniversary yesterday and I ate garlic bread, had a glass of wine, had pasta and treated myself to ice cream.... OOOPS!!! do I regret it?? a little bit... was I up today??? You bet... 1.4 but oh well... that is many of lifes ups and downs on this journey. Treadmill here I come.. and to boot its my girlfriends 39 birthday party... any suggestions on lower calorie alcoholic beverages??

About me I am 38 years old, 2 kids, 1 husband, a bird, a hamster and a chihuahua that is so adorable.

Talk later

lee

witchie
06-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Dria: You look great! And your dining room looks just as it should when under renovation.

Quick question regarding supplements. My "girl" told me to take the chroms and 2000 15 mins before eating. Well, I just happen to look at the bottle and it says take them 1 hour before eating, WTH? So, what do you all do?

Dria
06-13-2009, 10:57 AM
HUH Mine say that they work best at the peak time of one half hour. SO I take mine a half hour before eating.
I asked what happens if I wait an hour cause sometimes I cant eat right at the half hour and she says its ok but dont let it happen often as they work the very best a half hour after taking them......

hmmm 15 mins..... really.......... I wonder...... Wonder if it depends on our starting sizes....... ladies with 100 + pounds to lose were you instructed different and the ladies with 30 and under lbs what we you told to do?!??!

Now where the heck did that coffee and shake thinger go..... lol Im gonna have one for breaky!!!

mememegogirl
06-13-2009, 02:28 PM
I just got back from WI. My body is so weird! I am down 4.7lbs since Tuesday! WHOOHOO! However,... notice how I don't get to change my ticker yet? That is what my body did with a few cheats and TOM last week... ugh! So now I am back on the path I want to be which is the lowest I have been in at least a couple of years and shrinking. YAY!

Congrats to the others who are down... good job! Nice pics Dria! You look great and you can tell you feel great too!

Mmmmm..... I can't wait for my daily dose of VHP iced capp... mmmmmmmmm........ *drools* :)

better life
06-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Good evening Ladies.....My name is Kim and I am happy to have found you all.

I have been following your thread for about the last 3-4 days, sounds like a great group here.

I went for my consult on Wednesday. I also looked into Herbal One, but haven't decided which one yet.

I have mentioned to a few people that I am thinking of joining and I didn't get a good response from some, as they either failed at it or knew someone that did. I do however have 1 friend that had a sister that did HM a couple of years ago and did fantastic with it, losing 50lbs. Had another friend do HO that I work with and she lost 40lbs and is on maintainence now.

I am 35 years old, married for 9 years and have 3wonderful children. 1 dog and lotsa fishies.

I weigh 210 right now...I have approx 70lbs to lose, and on my 4'11 frame it is killing my knees, I feel it is time that I need the professional help, I just cannot do it anymore on my own. I get too depressed and I shut down which ends up coming between my husband and I because I get soooooo miserable. and I hate to burden him with my weight issue as it has been an ongoing one for the 12 years we have been together.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or pointers for me at all.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post....keep on keeping on ladies, you are doing fantastic!!

Kim :hug:

Aditi
06-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Wow I had to go through 3 pages to see what was going on. Dria your pics are amazing and your dining room looks better than mine when I was renovating;)

I am 29 and married and no kids, one of the reasons I wanna lose weight is becuase I wanna have kids soon and dont wanna lose complete control of my size when that happens.

I am restarting the program Monday, with the flu and everything I fell so far behind in my planning that I had to let the rest of the week pass by. But I am back on track with the planning and am soon going to get the recipe book.

The great new through my week was my WI on Friday went really well I had dropped a pound so I was super excited about that. I guess I will be measured next week and I have my fingers crossed for that.

What kind of excercise does everyone do or recommend?

Kim welcome to the group.

mememegogirl
06-14-2009, 03:35 PM
welcome Better life/Kim! I hope that you find success with the program and that you will become a regular part of our group here. Good luck with this investment in yourself and your health.

Aditi: Sickness happens. Way to go on your fresh start! We wish you well.

About exercise: It depends on your fitness level. If you have been completely inactive I would start with 20 minutes of walking/day. But if you have been relatively active then you can do more diverse stuff like cycling (stationary or the real thing), weights (light), and whatever else strikes your fancy. I think the point is to get moving period and doing it in a way that works with your lifestyle. I personally love being outside so the more I can do outside the better. Heck! Mowing the lawn is exercise. My main point in this long babbling session here is find what works for you. I love yoga and walking, swimming, trampoline, and so much more!

Aditi
06-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Quick question, how long do i have to wait before I get to have a cool siggy like most of you guys?

momof5k
06-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Welcome newcomers! The more the merrier!

Aditi: I JUST got my signature privledges a few days ago. I think it is a minimum of 20 posts and 20 days (or something like that)

As for exercise, when I started HM I wasn't doing anything but a little over a month ago I started adding that to my day. I started doing Wii Fit each evening and then I also started the Couch to 5K running program (I can't even believe it myself really!). Then when the EA Active Sports for Wii came out, I started doing the 30 day challenge on there so Wii Fit has sort of fallen by the way side (I sometimes do it on my rest days for Active). Although I haven't noticed a big difference in the scale movement since I started exercising, I have definitely noticed the inches coming off faster. And, even more importantly, I FEEL better!

mememegogirl
06-14-2009, 07:33 PM
How do you like the Active Sports Momo? They came out with a personal training one too that we are thinking about...

Honestly, as someone who wasn't able to be physically active until just the last month I can say without a doubt that it makes a huge difference to inch loss, not to mention the amount of energy you will have. I saw literally 2 inches come off of my thighs the week after I started exercising. If you want to really excelerate your loss you can work out like a crazy fool with lots of sweating and such... just like the biggest loser and you will see big numbers all around.

Chantal0123
06-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Happy Monday ladies!!

Welcome to the newbies!! :D

Well, I'm here...
I did a lot of "soul searching" this past week.
I feel as though...my life was only about food...only about my weightloss.
That was the only thing going in my life...really...my only happiness.

My husband and I talked a lot last week...and he made me realize that this is not a race... that I was getting obsessed, that I didn't want to go nowhere, that I wasn't living anymore. I became obsessed with food, and weighin' food and reading about food... and I became miserable... I became miserable cause I wasn't enjoying life anymore...cause I was afraid to step out of my comfort zone.

I need to find a balance...a balance between losing weight, making good choices, but still living. I need to trust myself to KNOW when to stop, what to eat, what not to eat...when to cheat, when to be good...

This week was a test for me. My goal for this was to be close to the same I weighed last Monday (last time I had a WI). Last night, I was at the same... but I might be over one pound or so...we'll see.

I ate many things that I'm not supposed to.... I didn't follow the program meaning I had issues with water, veggies..and I cheated...boy did I cheat.

I had a bag (big) of chips, I had chocolate cookies (a box), I had on one night - half a club with fries, I had movie popcorn & chocolate, I had a double stacker from Burger King (no fries).... you get the picture. This was cheats of my week. And if I'm one pound up tonight, I'll be ok... cause I know. This might show me that... listen - one cheat a week - you AIN'T going to DIE.

Not that I NEED to cheat...but like my BDay is coming up on Friday and yes, I'll celebrate and yes, I'll have a drink or 2 or 3.... I mean... I was depressed just thinking about my bday...I didn't want to celebrate at all...

So this is my rant for this Monday. I'm very proud of what this week has thaught me...and my goal is now to find BALANCE in my life.

mememegogirl
06-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Chantal, I think that this soul-searching and your cheats over this past week are going to be a milestone for you in this journey. I think that you will find as you search for balance in life that you will find success and you will be happy. I think you should be very proud of yourself as you are still committed to the journey but more importantly you are committed to living a healthier life. I think it will take trial and error but I think you will find just the right mix. You are a strong woman.

Chantal0123
06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks Meme - appreciate it.

I'm also thinking that going in for WI 3x per week is maybe too much.
I'm upset when it's not down enough, etc... a whole lot happens during ONE week. So maybe I should drop to 2 weigh-ins & see how I feel...
Go in on Monday...and maybe do Thursday or Friday.

Thoughts?

mememegogirl
06-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I am doing the opposite. I wasn't able to go in more than one visit/week because of my back. Now I am trying to go in 3x for a bit and see how that goes. I think anything that we can do to 'shake it up' a bit takes away from the monotony of it all. We'll see how my back likes this change ... if I don't respond well to the extra travel/sitting time then I'll have to cut back again. You are so right though Chantal, so much can happen in a week.