Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

Default Another new member

Hi, I am Beth. After reading this site and forum for almost a week I have finally decided to come out of hiding and join. Hooray for me! I am rather shy even on the internet.

I have been a "big" girl most of my adult life except for right after having my daughter (who is now 15). I maintained a healthly weight for a few years after she was born, but since remarrying 9 years ago, I have steadly gained weight each year. My dh is in the army and each time he deploys I lose weight (20 to 30 lbs) only to gain it back when he returns.

He is currently gone but will return in December. My goal is to have my eating undercontrol enough that when he gets home I will not fall back into my old habits, or wish to celebrate by eating all the foods he has been without for a year.

My ultimate goal is to get to 150 lbs or wear a size 12. It has been so long since I have been that small that I am unsure of what I would actually look like. But since I am 289.5 I do have a long way to go and may end up losing 1/2 my current body weight.

Anyway, I have already been inspired by the people on these forums and hope that I can keep up my motivation to be successful.

Nice to met y'all,
Beth
Lady from Joppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Beth! Welcome to 3FC - *the* best place on the net for friends, advice, motivation and inspiration when it comes to losing weight, diet, nutrition and fitness. So glad to have ya aboard! Good luck with your goals - we can and will do this and we don't have to do it alone
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!! Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more! I'm glad you're here!

Be sure to check out the 100 lb Club for lots of support!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Beth, welcome! Just keep your focus on that size 12 and keep reading the inspirational stories here of people who have lost the weight and kept it off! You can do it! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You CAN do this. And 3FC is a great place for support and encouragement!

I hope you will post often so we get to know you better
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Beth.. you've come to a great place for motivation and support. I agree about the size 12 thing.. I have NO idea what I would look like but I am willing to get there to see! COme on in, get posting and involved.. thats the best way to get yourself committed..
paragoddess is offline   Reply With Quote