Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Total loss goal: 95 - 100 lbs

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the community although I've been using it for a while for the recipes. I am currently using the LA Weight Loss Program (without the bars, supps or any additions... just food) and it's working.

When I started in mid January, I was absolutely hurting inside and out. I didn't even realize that in two years I had gained 45lbs! I was sitting at 245 lbs for my first weigh in at LA.

I could have cried. For some reason, I didn't have any hope. But I started... and right away I dropped 15lbs! And then... March hit... no one had made any comments or noticed the weight change, so I went back off track.

I managed to maintain my weight as I kept to eating mostly healthy foods... just with a lot more cheating. For over a month I wasn't even trying.

Suddenly people started saying "Have you lost weight, because you look great!"... and then I looked at myself. They were right! ... now I'm re-motivated.

I am currently 225.2 lbs and going down. I'm back on track and eating the right foods again. I even have been biking to work, for fun and to LA for my weigh-in. I'm starting to feel really good again.

So, to everyone... if you feel like you are slipping away and no one is noticing your hard effort, take a look in the mirror! Take a look at how loose your clothes feel, how much easier it is to walk up stairs or ride a bike... feel the difference in your body because you are filling it up with healthy foods, not manufactured crap... and then, you'll be motivated.

The stories of everyone on here make it so much easier as well. If everyone here can do it, so can I! Thank you all so much!

Mini Goal!!!

245 ------------225--------------------200
Jan 20/09..........Apr 29/09....................Jul 25/09

Big Goal!!!
245 ------------225------------------------------------------------------150
Jan 20/09..........Apr 29/09
20 lbs lost!!! 75 lbs to go!!!
blizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:59 PM   #2  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Welcome to the forum, Blizzy! I haven't been here too long, but I find this group to be very helpful, informative, and most of all, supportive in all the right ways.

I'm a big woman (tall too), and no one even noticed I lost weight until I lost at least 35 lbs. But what has happened is that I feel so much better about myself and who I am, and men have been hitting on me! No one ever hit on me before I was 45. Suddenly, I'm attractive, at around my highest weight! Go figure!

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the forum!

I always say this weight loss is for me and no one else. If people don't notice that doesn't mean I should stop trying. Compliments are great- but I don't need them to continue my hard work
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote