Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/196/125

Default Caffeine withdrawal is makin' me crazy.

I'm cranky and want a coke...or something else bad for me. Did anyone else quit caffeine in the beginning of their weight loss quest?

Last edited by maverick09; 04-28-2009 at 11:43 PM.
maverick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:54 AM   #2  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

I quit it for a day and a half...almost two days... but I had a massive headache, and couldn't eat anything. I was literally throwing up. I had a soda and within and hour my headache was gone and I could eat a full turkey hot dog... <_<;; I'm narrowing my soda intake down little by little until that doesn't happen anymore... I KNOW YOUR PAIN!
migotokokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #3  
sugar is the devil

Did you quit cold turkey? Some people are able to and some can't. If you having unbearable withdrawal problems and you did quit cold turkey - you may want to try a different approach. I would suggest the tappering method. So if you normally drink coffee in the morning, instead reach for something with lower caffeine, like a tea. Once you mastered that, drink something with lower caffiene, like green tea. Keep doing this until you are able tonot need caffiene to get through your day. Hope this helps

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-29-2009 at 01:40 AM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #4  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Cool

Nope- I like caffiene I drink usually 2 cans of diet pepsi max a day- I know some people say caffiene can add to your weight, but I don't believe that... I have heard some people say it caused cravings which if followed makes sense on a weight gain... Caffiene seems to suppress my appeite not make it worse.... I like my pop and don't see a reason to give it up. I don't have any other "bad" habits. LOL
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/196/170

Height: 5'6"

I've actually just recently decided to give up caffeine. I think it will save me a lot of calories too. Usually at school we'll go to Startbucks so now I won't spend money on overpriced coffee and I'll be saving like 200-500 calories per visit!! Also, I'm going to start biking to work every morning and there's a Tim Horton's right next door. I can't bike and drink a coffee though so again I'll have to miss out.

Finally, we also have this amazing coffee machine at work (I work for Italians so they like their coffee!!) It's a Miele coffee machine and it makes really good coffee, I think that's going to be my biggest challenge, but I will refrain.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I'm starting with caffeine with the intention of being able to give up other things as well. I figured caffeine was a good start. Next.. CHOCOLATE
Loraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #6  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

i refuse to give up caffeine. i am a grad student. i think that says it all.

mostly, i drink black coffee and/or diet coke.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #7  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Us Italians do like our coffee I'm working on weaning myself off of iced coffee...its so good but it adds 4 points every day, so it needs to go.

Mave, have you ever tried Green Tea? It has caffeine, and you can get green tea/fruit combos - my fave is peach green tea - that are very low in calories and don't need sweetener. Caffeine helps suppress my appetite, but everyone's different.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/196/125

I tapered off, but was moving and probably eventually just cut it off too quickly. I feel a lot better this morning, and it's been 3 days since I've had any caffeine. Hopefully I am over the worst of it and will be able to just keep going!

I don't drink coffee, but I had been drinking a lot of caffeinated beverage mixes (crystal light "focus", for example).
maverick09 is offline   Reply With Quote