Old 04-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #1  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

Question South Beach Book

Hi there

It was recommended that I buy the SB Book. Just curious before I purchase it what type of read is it? Also, I notice there is a SB Super Charged book. Is that the newest/latest version.

Easy Read?

Too much mumbo jumbo?

Are recipes included?

Does it clearly and simply lay out what you can and can't eat? Or do I have to try to decipher it within the text of the book?

Is the book usually available at Target? Walmart? Barnes and Noble? Or is it a special order book.

Thanks a bunch!
gail
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Hi there,
Both the original SBD book and the new Supercharged book are pretty easy reading. Dr. A. breaks down the science behind his diet in terms that are pretty simple to understand without too much "mumbo jumbo" .

If you're new to the diet, it's probably better to get the original SBD book, since it really goes into the basics of the diet. The Supercharged book focuses less on the why and more on the way to integrate exercise into the diet.

Both books include a list of foods for each phase and foods to avoid, as well as menus that are pretty easy to follow (if you want to follow them) and recipes that are pretty basic, so you don't have to do a lot of complicated cooking, which is a plus.

You can get the original SBD book pretty much anywhere you mention and there's a paperback version that is pretty well priced. The Supercharged book is also pretty widely available but more expensive, as I don't think that a paperback version is available yet.

It's a great plan overall, so good luck!

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #3  

I checked at the library and they had them both. I found it easy to read and this is my 2nd day on this way of eating.

patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #4  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

I bought the one and checked out the supercharged on from the library. It's a very easy read and read the original in a sitting or two and the supercharged in less (since I skipped the stuff that was in the original).

I recommend getting the original one because its to the point with the basics, they have since changed the food lists a little and added to them but it gives you a great starting point.

As for the other questions:
- There are some recipes, I believe it gives you a sample week and then recipes for that week, I can dig it out to double check if you want.
- It clearly tells you the Do and Do Not foods.
- It should be avaliable at any book store, if you can't find it lemme know and I'll ship you mine for the price of shipping
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote