Weight Loss Support - How Long Has It Been?

View Full Version : How Long Has It Been?

UrsusMaritimus
04-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi everyone-

I'm trying to remember when I last posted, but I can't. October maybe? All I know is that's it's been too long! I'm back and ready to recommit to my goals.

I think I first visited 3FC around this time last year. At the time, I weighed 172 lbs. By the end of September, I was down to 150 and feeling fabulous. Then life threw some challenges my way and all of my healthy eating and exercise habits went by the wayside. I quit my doctoral program in December and haven't been able to find work (I've actually been looking since October - no luck). I've been experiencing anxiety attacks and bouts of depression that make it hard to get out of bed sometimes. Even though I know "it's the economy, stupid," it's hard not to blame myself for my current situation.

My weight recently began to creep back up (food is a major emotional crutch for me), and that's depressing too. But that's something I have control over - I can do something about that, and I'm starting today.

Just wanted to check in, say hello to old friends and (hopefully) new ones.

:hug:

SBD Sass
04-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Welcome back! You're going to do it this time!!!!!! :hug:

Jacqui_D
04-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi Ursus, welcome back! You've done it before, so you know you can do it again! You CAN do it! Good luck on the job front and with your weight loss efforts!

Lori Bell
04-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi there! I remember you! I'm so glad you are back. Sorry to hear of you current situation, but remember, "this too shall pass". Also, as nasty as this seems, the reality of life is, you have a much better chance at employment the better you look. (It's not fair, but it's true).

I too suffer from anxiety and depression. I experience daily anxiety and I know how terrible it is. Exercise and plenty of sunshine helps me more than anything!

I'm glad you are back. I always enjoyed reading your posts.

UrsusMaritimus
04-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks so much for the encouragement, ladies!

Wow, Lori, you are SO close to goal! Congratulations!