Exercise! - Step bench... any ideas?

View Full Version : Step bench... any ideas?

Lizzo
06-07-2002, 07:30 PM
I've started doing a video that involves some step bench work. The video says you can do it without the bench, which is working fine. But, I really want to get a bench to up the intensity some. However, I have no idea where to look for one, and also can't afford to spend all that much. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help!

LindaT
06-07-2002, 07:55 PM
Hi Lizzo,

I got my step bench years ago at a Service Merchandise store, which I think is no longer in business. A couple of places to try.. in my area, there are stores that sell used sporting goods. People bring in the things they don't want anymore, and the store buys them and re-sells tham as used. Check the yellow pages for that. Another place to try is ebay www.ebay.com I did a quick peek there and saw several steps being auctioned off. do a search on the phrase step bench.

If you are handy, you could build a step yourself ...maybe. I think the used sporting goods store might be your best bet, since I don't see them in stores very much anymore. I know I love my step and am very glad I kept it. I also kept my exercise slide, but I am not glad about that.. at least not yet. :lol:

Good luck

Lizzo
06-07-2002, 08:01 PM
Thanks! I forgot about Ebay. That is a great idea! Unfortunately I live in a small town so the store idea might not work. However, I am going to Atlanta with my father for father's day weekend. So if I haven't gotten one by then, we can look there.