30-Somethings - 30 Somethings Daily Chat- Wed. 4/15

bindersbee
04-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I guess I'll start the daily chat? Rather presumptive of me since I haven't ever done it before- I hope I don't step on anyone's toes.

Anyway, I am finally moving in the right direction again. I stalled out there for a bit and was hanging out in the same 2 lb. range but I think I'll break through that by my weigh in on Friday.

I just got the book 'I Can Make You Thin' by Paul McKenna. It's an interesting read though I don't care for his tone or 'too easy' sounding examples. Still, it falls in line with what I've been doing so I figure it can't hurt to try out his suggestions. My biggest obstacle is emotional eating and that seems to be what his book/system is targeted to tackle. I'll let you all know how it goes.

SapphireBlue
04-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Not a problem. Just jump right in there. I'm a slow start this morning. I need more caffeine.

Yesterday, I was such a task master. I made a nice little to-do list. Today, I'm just meandering a long. Maybe I will get my act together in a few.

Bindersbee, I saw the advertisement for that show. I was just a little hesitant to watch just because it sounded like a "get-thin-quick" theme.

IUKarebear
04-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Hello!

I'm very excited for today because today I'm about to find out what in the heck is wrong with my left knee. A month ago I hurt it playing soccer and after having an MRI on Monday, I should know my options today. I can't straighten it without a shooting pain. Most of me thinks I tore something but then there is some part of me that thinks maybe it's a bad strain.

I count calories and stuck to my goal yesterday. I lost .8 pounds this week so that's something!

Have a good day!

Kara

bindersbee
04-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Kara- that's great! Having a loss when you're injured is an extra bonus. Great job.

Sapphire- I watched the show once and thought it seemed too 'Snake Oil' too. However, my neighbor has lost 65 lbs. in 5 months by following the suggestions (which are mostly no brainers like 'stop eating when you're full'). She told me the tapping thing they teach is worthwhile and has helped her a lot with cravings. Also, the book comes with a hypnosis CD which sounds rather interesting. I give a 'review' of it after I've been doing it for awhile and see if it increases my rate of loss at all.

LBH
04-15-2009, 03:16 PM
:wave: Hi! Just busy in the house today...watching the rain earlier...since we were supposed to have tball tonight...which of course is canceled!

tuda73
04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey I am new here and thought I'd plug in to your thread...I am new at this posting/bloging thing so I hope I can reply and post w/o problems.