Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #1  

Unhappy Ouch Pain

Has anyone ever pulled the muscle be hind the knee? (To be honest i never even thought of having one their,lol) I did this yesterday try'n to get my leg's warmed up to run can't run till i'm warmed up (it was a cold morning in Mi) The pain run's into the top part of my calf & omg i tried to run today & the pain was to much i had to walk instead if i sit for more than a few min's it get's so tight that i can hardly walk on it & if i try to do even the smallest streching of it YOOWWW. Has this happen to any of you out there & what kind of recovery time did you have? I just hate the thought of not being able to run every day .
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Are you talking about the back of your thigh (hamstring)? Or actually the back of the knee?

A hamstring strain can be not such a big deal, but that pain usually radiates in the thigh. It could be a Posterior Cruciate Ligament injury. What were you doing when you hurt it? Can you put weight on it?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Are you talking about the back of your thigh (hamstring)? Or actually the back of the knee?

A hamstring strain can be not such a big deal, but that pain usually radiates in the thigh. It could be a Posterior Cruciate Ligament injury. What were you doing when you hurt it? Can you put weight on it?

It's the back of my leg and just the top of my calf, i can't hardly walk on it at first not till i get it good & warmed up & i tried to run today & when i bring my leg forward & put weight on it coming down it's really painful, This is my second yr of running & i thought i had dealt with the worst of it shin spints, pulled groin ect. I'm not sure if i over streched it or what? Or if it was when i pulled the dog back over to her side i was tugging and running at the same time, i hate to stop running for any amount of time just for the fact it take's me a while to get back to where i should be. I have had a support brace on it most the day today. Oh i can put weight on it. it just hurt's to walk & run.
chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:04 AM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

It sounds like you should have a doctor look at it. Icing it (15 min with ice, then 45 min off ice) and Ibuprofen might also help with the pain.

It also sounds like you shouldn't be trying to work out on it while you are still in pain. I learned this myself the hard way. I had a knee injury and I was convinced I could work out through the pain (I'm tough ). All I did was an incline walk on the TM and the end result was an ankle injury in addition to the knee injury. It put a complete damper on a hiking trip I had planned and also meant a lot longer recovery time. You are better off taking a few days off from working out and seeing a doctor, than continuing to try to tough it out and possibly having to take a lot longer off.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote