Old 04-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #1  
Turbo Jammer

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Something I have noticed

I started smoking in college. I was never truly addicted, but whenever I was stressed, a ciggy is what I needed. I had my last cigarette in June. There have been several times when I craved one, but resisted. Anyway, since starting my weight loss journey, I have not craved a single cigarette. It's as if my exercising has turned into my stress relief. I think it also has something to do with the fact that my energy is up and stress doesn't get me down as much as it used to.

Has anyone else noticed this? Especially those of you who used to smoke, or still do.
missamelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I've never smoked but just wanted to say congrats for doing so well!!! Saving money and your health was one of the best decisions you could make.

prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #3  
I will do this.

I quit cold turkey on January after 7 years of being a pack - 1.5 packs a day smoker. I also quit diet coke at this time, too.

I can tell that since I am have really stepped up my workouts my cravings for both are zero. I don't want to ever smoke another cigarette, ever.

Working out is also my stress relief!!!

I am glad we are both "quitters!"
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:30 AM   #4  

Good job guys.I quit 4 days ago.I am struggling right now but I love to hear your success stories.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

I was a smoker from my junior year of high school through college. I smoked fairly regularly from 11th grade until my freshman year of college, probably half a pack a day. And then I met this guy whose mother smoked and we started dating and one of his "requirements" was that he won't date a smoker. So I didn't smoke around him but still smoked at school, and quit on and off through my 5th year of school. I quit for good after I graduated, and we've since moved in together, and I've had a few cigarettes here and there, but ever since I started really eating healthier, I haven't craved it at all, and recently had a drag and it was just disgusting.

Don't get me wrong, I miss it so much, but honestly, you're just so much better and so much healthier just for giving it up.

Another thing that scared me is that my grandfather died when he was 64 or 65 of lung cancer when my mom was 28 (my older brother was a year and a half so I never got to meet him), and I'm just about 24, and my dad will be 65 in four years. I just can't imagine losing my dad when I'm 28, in just four short years. I just knew that i can't smoke anymore when I realized that.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:04 AM   #6  
April

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

I kinda started smoking recently. I saw kinda because it was only a drag whenever my bf would have one. Then I decided I needed to get back on track for the summer ( and hopefully the winter this time hehe). And stopped completely. Where I had cravings before, I now have none. It's amazing what our bodies can do.
aprilcp12344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Yep.

I will take a drag off of somebody else's cigge every once in awhile when im hammered, but since I quit the smell and taste bother me so much I don't even like to be near it. While I was quitting, exercise killed the craving completely. I was a longtime chain smoker -- a pack to two packs a day since I was 13, and I picked it up from my peers in ballet. It made everything taste blah and gave you something to do when you were hungry which made it entirely possible to maintain a weight (albeit unhealthily) at 98-110lbs.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote