Old 04-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/161/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Exercise points... Thoughts?

Hi all!

I am curious how you all feel about exercise points? Do you use them? Do you lose with them?

I am curious if anyone knows why the on-line program now takes your flex points first and then your activity? Even if it's on a day you didn't exercise? I was always told you can only count your exercise points on the day you actually do the exercise, or they go away...

What do you guys all think?
skinnychicagogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

I try to get at least 10 activity points a week.
I just grab the 35 points first and take out of them and then if needed go back and use some of the activity points.
Under momentum you can bank those points for the week that they are earned (I think).
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:46 PM   #3  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarra View Post
Under momentum you can bank those points for the week that they are earned (I think).
I just started a week ago, so I'm a newbie but the leader explained to me that the activity points have to be used the same day you earn them.

However, I have a friend on WW and she never uses her WPA, only activity points, and she would save them up. I don't see how it could matter too much, since your calorie intake would average out the same over the course of seven days.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #4  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

I'm new too, only on week three, but my leader said the opposite: that activity points are good for that week now. Apparently in the older system you had to use them that day. Maybe not all the locations have caught up with the changes?

I think the e-tools represents the up-to-date plan, which is why it banks the activity points for the week.
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

The reason for not banking activity points, IMO, is that the day that you exercise you burn the most calories, so you should be eating more. If you're banking them for a day when you're not exercising, or if you do, are you burning enough calories for the added load..?

For myself, I generally try to get 4 activity points a day, minus Saturday as that's my day off from normal exercise. I strive to only use 4 extra points that day. I try not to use my 35pts at all. If I do, I do.. but I try not to. What I have been trying to do is only have 1 day a week where I "splurge" a bit and enjoy the day.

I find that when I use my activity points the day I get them, I lose more weight. See when you exercise your metabolism burns faster for 24hrs. That's why exercising is great in the morning. It is a metabolism boost for the whole day!

That being said: Everyone's body is different. Some people can't use the 35 pts OR activity points or else they don't lose anything. Some people can use everything and lose. Some people, like me, find a happy medium. It takes some time to figure out your own body. And, once you find what works for yourself points wise, stick to it and don't let anyone tell you different. You know your body, you know what works.
I.E. I generally, unless I'm having 2 servings of fruit at once, don't count fruit as points. I know you're supposed to. But, to me, fruit is healthier than a piece of chocolate, I'm going to reward myself! And that works for me. I haven't noticed a weight increase of any sort because of it. But, not everyone's body can do that.

Find your balance and enjoy the journey
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote