Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-27-2009, 12:24 AM   #1  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

Default Internal Negativity

So, I felt great this morning, I had a healthy breakfast and went out for a walk/jog for 2 miles. I was feeling very positive and accomplished! The rest of the day I ate well, I made good choices and stayed under my caloric limit so I should be feeling great, right? Well I can't beat this nagging feeling that I'm just not doing enough, that I'm just not trying as hard as I could, that I'm just never going to accomplish losing any weight. Why do I feel like this? I've done it before so I know that I'm capable, I lost 60 lbs and consider it a feat in itself that I've nearly maintained that weight for almost 2 years (ok, ok, I did put 15 lbs. back on last year). So why can't I seem to have faith in myself? Where does this negativity come from? I'm worried that I'm going to end up sabotaging myself unintentionally. Ah, I dunno, maybe it's just hormonal emotions getting the best of me (yeah, it's that time of the month). My emotions have really ran the full gamut today. I guess all I can do is keep on trucking. Just needed to vent!
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Hey Fox...

we ALL have days like that Just yesterday, I posted on here freaking out that I didn't do as good as I could have done on the elliptical machine in the gym I just became a member of last week, lol.

It just seems hard or difficult because we're starting or mid-way to the journey of getting to our target goal weight (of course once getting there, maintenance is the new journey ).

I blab on here quite a lot when I get anxious or nervous about my progress.

Just post here when you feel unsure or heck, even happy! Think of it this way: it's calorie-free and you unload a load of stress off of your mind!

You're doing great, keep going!
~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #3  
Fox

S/C/G: 205/197/160

Height: 5'5"

yes, this definitely is a nice place to be able to unload! I started a 3FC blog as well and I like writing on there and then going back and reading what I've written a little while ago.

I guess part of my problem is that it's so sloooooooow. I know it's supposed to be slow and weight doesn't just magically fall off but I guess while I'm doing what I can and waiting for it to come off I'm anxious about failing. Like I said I did it before but then I stalled and then gained a little and have basically been at this same weight (give or take 5 pounds) for almost a year. Granted I haven't worked very hard (or sometimes not at all) at losing weight the past year but I just have all these doubts.

Good news is this morning I was down another pound, hopefully I can feed off of that and keep going!

Last edited by Fox; 03-27-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Fox - I empathize AND sympathize. My epiphany of sorts occurred while I was lending a shoulder for a GF to cry on, and I realized that I provide unconditional support and encouragement for just about every endeavor that my friends set out on, yet I beat myself down constantly for everything that's short of perfection. I decided that I was going to consciously be my own best friend ... and go out of my way to be the kind of cheering section that I've been for everybody else. It doesn't work all the time, but I've teased, cajoled, and bribed myself over to the pool, away from the fridge, and into some better choices. I honestly think it's just a learned habit, and if you can replace it with something else, only good will come of it.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I guess part of my problem is that it's so sloooooooow. I know it's supposed to be slow and weight doesn't just magically fall off but I guess while I'm doing what I can and waiting for it to come off I'm anxious about failing.
Slow and steady wins the race. It's also much better for your skin.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Okay, I am going to get all Zen on your @ss.

Think of this as being like a droplet of water falling, maybe once every 20 minutes or so. Drip, drip, drip. Filling up a hole in a stone positioned underneath it, until about a cup full of water has accumulated & you can drink from it.

You can't make the water flow more heavily or faster. It's only going to do so much per hour, so much per day.

You have to learn to look upon this process with patience & equanamity.

You have to let up on yourself. You've done what you can. Now just let the day proceed, continuing to make your good choices.

The good thing is, after a night's sleep, you get another new chance at it.

It's a way not to burn out. It's a way to have a little something to look forward to the next day.

It's like leaving something on your plate afterward, to eat later, or putting something good away so it will be there when you want it later. I think our inability to do that & think that way is one reason why many of us are here, working at our weight-loss/health task. Changing our way of thinking is part of the process.

The exercise will be there for you tomorrow. You don't have to get it all done today. In fact, you simply can't, because of the nature of what you're trying to do.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Find the movie "What the Bleep Do We Know" You will understand where the negativity comes from after you watch this film!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 184/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Fox - I empathize AND sympathize. My epiphany of sorts occurred while I was lending a shoulder for a GF to cry on, and I realized that I provide unconditional support and encouragement for just about every endeavor that my friends set out on, yet I beat myself down constantly for everything that's short of perfection. I decided that I was going to consciously be my own best friend ... and go out of my way to be the kind of cheering section that I've been for everybody else. It doesn't work all the time, but I've teased, cajoled, and bribed myself over to the pool, away from the fridge, and into some better choices. I honestly think it's just a learned habit, and if you can replace it with something else, only good will come of it.
I love this!!!!! I'm horrible at self-sabotage...it's what gets me every time and has me yo-yoing up and down 30lbs. I'm going to give your way a try....thank you so much!
firefliesandpixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #9  

I'm impressed by the 60 pound weight loss! That is awesome.

It's really easy to be impatient.. I feel that myself, getting discouraged and negative if things don't happen quickly enough. It's annoying.

I hope you feel better.
pocketful of posies is offline   Reply With Quote