South Beach Diet - What's for dinner? 3/23-3/29

View Full Version : What's for dinner? 3/23-3/29

rdw1
03-23-2009, 11:59 PM
I love these- but couldn't find one for this week and just had to post my dinner! it was sooo good!

I made a ww stromboli for dinner and it was fabulous!

First, I made a batch of ww pizza crust(using 2c ww flour),after rising I split into 4 equal pieces... I rolled two out and baked for about 10 minutes and froze them so I have a premade pizza crust for when I am in a pinch! I used 1 ball to make the stromboli dough and the other I put in a ziplock baggie- I was curious if I could freeze it and then use it later~!

anywho- I rolled the ball out to a rectangle fairly thin... sauteed green peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach, greek peppers, tomatoes, and black olives until they were fairly dry in the pan.. spread them out in the middle of the dough, topped with 2 slices provolone and 2 more ounces rf italian cheeses. folded ends in and then rolled over to seal... you could also pinch the ends together and then turn over onto another pan- thats what I had to do with DH's- I made his with white flour and it was a bit more fragile...

baked at about 400 for 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown (I put a bit of olive oil on mine so it would brown) this was too good! I ate mine with SNA pizza sauce.

for what I made=2servings
1 serving has
280 calories
9.9g fat
29.8g carbs
6.7 fiber
18.4g protien

I wrapped the other half up and am sure I will bake it again for a few minutes for dinner tomorrow too...:carrot: Half of it was plenty- especially since I bulked mine up with a ton of veggies!

Betsi
03-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Tonight we're having beef fajitas. I used this recipe as a guideline: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/maindishes/r/beeffajitas.htm but I didn't think it had enough spices in it, so I added whatever sounded good. :D Poured the marinade over beef strips and red pepper and portabella, now its all in the fridge in a big ziplock. I just hope I made enough to cover all that! Should be tasty, anyhow.

CyndiM
03-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Crockpot cranberry beans with soy chorizo, peppers & brown rice & steamed cauliflower

zeffryn
03-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Steak (ny strip), sauteed spinach with big chunks of garlic, garlic mashed potatoes and fauxtatoes for me.

Whole grain brownies for dessert.

swandive81
03-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Rikki, that sounds amazing! I might have to try it, although I am scared to make my own pizza crust. Sounds intimidating.

Anyways, I had a mega-salad, a mug of leftover black bean soup, and a whole wheat pita.

Plain yogurt sweetened with vanilla jello pudding for dessert.

Christian
03-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Tonight will be a turkey sandwich on ww bread with mustard. :D

Schmoodle
03-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Chicken rollatinis tonight stuffed with LCLC. Some kind of cauliflower on the side.

Betsi
03-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Schmoodle, what's LCLC?

Tonight we're making Kalyn's turkey meatballs (http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/01/recipe-for-phase-one-turkey-meatballs.html), but we'll probably adapt it depending on what spices we have in the house. I'm thinking of trying a little bit of KC Masterpiece Low Calorie BBQ sauce since we don't have Worcestershire sauce.

swandive81
03-26-2009, 02:35 PM
Crustless spinach quiche and a cup of black bean soup

KO
03-26-2009, 03:16 PM
RDW you're a dangerous Girl!
Cyn is that the Soy Chorizo from TJs sooo good!!
Tonight is steak on the grill pan and Baby spinach and garlic mmmmmm
perhaps a carb for the mister!

CyndiM
03-26-2009, 05:31 PM
KO - I love that stuff. I always buy several and freeze some for later. There's nothing else like it.

I'm trying a new recipe for a bean and vegetable cassoulet in the crockpot. I sure hope it's good because I doubled the recipe for my co-worker's new mom freezer stash :)

Betsi
03-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Crockpot Italian chicken. One of these days I should measure the spices so I can post this as a proper recipe. It's a huge staple in our house, even when we weren't Beachin'!

Gotta figure out some veggies to go with... I'm still getting the hang of eating my vegetables. :lol: Maybe steam some frozen asparagus?

swandive81
03-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Going out for shabu shabu in chinatown... raw veggies and meat that yoou cook in dashi broth right at the table, and mix your own dipping sauces. SOOO yummy, and super-low in carbs and calories, but SCARY high in sodium... the scale will be up at least three lbs tomorrow!!

rainy
03-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Tonight I had a sheep steak with boiled asparaguses and roasted capsicum. :D Loved every bit!

Christian
03-27-2009, 08:45 PM
tonight was whole grain spagetti and lean ground beef YUM!

cottagebythesea
03-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Schmoodle, what's LCLC?

Low calorie Laughing Cow cheese.

I had thin crust spinach pizza with avocado, edamame & cherry tomato salad.

weezle
03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
You're all making me hungry. I guess it is way past dinner time. Will probably have a Morningstar Farms Griller on a WW bun, and maybe some tomato/cucumber salad with mozzarella. Even though it's still chilly here, I'm so ready for summer food!

CyndiM
03-28-2009, 01:18 PM
It's a playing outside day so the crockpot is on with that peanut butter lentil soup recipe. We won't want it in the summer so have to eat some now :)

Thighs Be Gone
03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
I am making a salad with boiled shrimp, cilantro, red onions, and tomatoes. I am deciding on the dressing still. It will probably be lime juice, a Tbs. or 2 of olive oil and something else. As a side, I am doing quinoa with diced mango.

murphmitch
03-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Kashi roasted vegetable thin crust pizza or Applebee's Steak & Portobellos with lots of broccoli. Haven't decided which one yet.

Christian
03-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Tonight will be more ww spagetti :lol: I do love leftovers :yes:

swandive81
03-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Cinnamon omelet with mixed berries and LF sour cream... a rare veggie-less dinner, but i was feeling the need for some comfort food, and could NOT bring myself to do anything with veggies. oh well, breakfast and lunch were good...

zeffryn
03-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Today was a freakin' loss. Didn't eat terribly, just basically snacked all day. Dinner was ok with a bok choy, pepper, onion and beef stir-fry.

Tomorrow the plan is:
Breakfast (brunch): poached egg on ww toast; sauteed zucchini
lunch: portobello pizza (grilled port., nsa spaghetti sauce, a touch of ricotta and mozz. cheese); salad
snack: cottage cheese and cucumber
dinner: I'm making enchiladas for the family, I'll reserve some of the filling and have it atop a salad; homemade refried beans with peppers and onions; milk
snack: plain yogurt, ezekiel almond cereal (awesome!) and blueberries

Chelby29
03-29-2009, 01:03 PM
We're having veggie night: Baked sweet potatoes, pinto beans, green beans, okra and tomatoes. YUM!

swandive81
03-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Breakfast: Spinach Fritata, large salad, coffee
Lunch: WW Tortilla with peanut butter, apple
Snack: LF BabyBel
Dinner: Pumpkin and White Bean Soup, WW Pita, large salad
Snack: Plain yogurt sweetened w/ SF jello pudding, berries

CyndiM
03-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Tofurkey roast with turnips & carrots, sauteed chard, and homemade dill rye bread.

I'm experimenting with a bowl of veggie soup to start the meal. I made a huge pot for the week. So far it's yummy, hope it helps with the appetite too!

cottagebythesea
03-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Portabello stuffed mushrooms, broccoli in cheese sauce, and steamed baby carrots. NSA FF vanilla ice cream with blueberries for dessert.

murphmitch
03-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Chicken breast in an Herb Garlic marinade cooked on the grill, sauteed peppers & onions, brown rice, steamed broccoli & cauliflower.