Old 03-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315 heighest/Feb09 286/254/150

Height: 5ft 6 inches

Default Work Challenge and healthy goals?

They announced a new Weight Loss challenge at work yesterday. Here's how it works: Everyone who signs up puts in $10 and gets weighed. After 12 weeks everyone's weighed again and everyone who lost 10% of their total body weight will split the entrance fee.

But the more I thought about it and did the math and it kind of concerns me. Now if you weight 150 lbs then 15 lbs in 12 weeks is 1.25 lbs per week. But if you weight 200 or worst 250 or more then you're looking at losing 2 lbs a week for 12 weeks. Is that heathy? I've always heard that you shouldn't try to lose more than 1-2 lbs a week. Now in my 6 weeks I've been counting calories and working out I've actually lost about 2.5-3 lbs a week but I'm being extremely careful about nutrition and I'm not expecting it to last for another few months at that rate. What do y'all think? I mean I'm tempted to sign up because it's both a carrot and a stick as everyone will know how much weight you did or didn't lose and there's potentially a fair amount of money to be made if other people don't meet their goals.
Misora is offline   Reply With Quote