Old 03-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #1  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Default help me get back on track

i really need some help. this is month 3 of weight loss. i have lost 15 pounds so far. but i am really really lacking in the motivation/commitment part. it seems like all the healthy foods are boring and i just want junk food. i am still exercizing but it is pointless if i just eat all crazy. i don't want to do this anymore, but i don't want to be fat anymore either. i am tired of trying, and this process is taking so long.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #2  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

Don't give up!

You've already lost 15 pounds and that is such an accomplishment! I would suggest replacing that urge to snack with something more productive. You know, every time you feel like you must have some junk food, go for a walk, instead.

As for healthy foods being boring, find a way to spice it up. Go look up some healthy recipes and make the whole thing an activity more than a boring meal. But don't give up after you've come so far! Don't you feel better being healthy? Everyone gets frustrated, it's a tough thing to do to lose weight, but if you keep going through the down moments, you're going to feel so much more accomplished in the end.
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Don't give up..... 15 pounds is a lot. Go to the grocery store and carry a 10 and 5 pound bag of potatoes around for your shopping trip......

And just think, you could finish this weight loss up this year and then in 2010 you won't have to resolve to LOSE weight, you just have to maintain. When I see the Jenny Craig with Valerie Bertineli commericals, that was put into perspective....... I have been on a diet or resolved to get healthy for 19 years (since my first child was born)----- on New Year's Day. I want 2010 to be different!

You can do this...... the 15 pounds lost proves it.

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:10 PM   #4  
Anna77

S/C/G: 191/185/125

Height: 5'3"

Why do you have junk food in the house? Can you get rid of it?

Wednesdaymorning had a good idea, to take a walk instead of eating. Actually, that helps me, to dash out of the front door and walk up and down the street for 3 or 5 minutes. Lotta times that works to get myself under control.

And think about this: you are losing 5 lbs a month, which is a nice steady loss. This is March 18th; by May 18th, two months, you could be down another 10 lbs, for a total of 25. You're short like me. 25 pounds is a SIGNIFICANT loss, one that everyone will be able to tell. You'll have people saying, wow, you look terrific! Can you visualize what a great summer you'll have 25 lbs lighter? The cute clothes you'll be able to wear? That's one of the things driving me, the thought that I just do not want to have another summer like the last two, so fat and miserable and not able to wear clothes I like.

Why not try, just one day, tomorrow, to have a good food day? Plan out what you'll eat and stick to it? Think about a summer TWENTY FIVE pounds thinner than you were 3 months ago. Maybe you have something cute you could pull out and hang where you can see it as a goal to wear this summer.

Let us know how it goes.

PS: you have NO idea how much I envy you for losing 15 lbs already!

Last edited by Anna77; 03-18-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Anna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #5  
Anna77

S/C/G: 191/185/125

Height: 5'3"

Oh...and ALSO, onestar, you said this process is taking too long. Yes, it's going to take a while. Let's say it takes another 6 months to get where you want to be. Think! the six months is going to pass anyway! In six months you could be hitting goal...or you can regain what you've lost and be no better off-but the 6 months will still be gone.

One last thing-am I full of it or what? You're unhappy about how long it's taking (arent we all?) You have two choices: be unhappy that its taking so long but stick with it anyway, or you can stop, regain AND be angry and unhappy because you didnt stick with your commitment to yourself.
So, either way you're miserable. May as well stick with it.

Last edited by Anna77; 03-18-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Anna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #6  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

thanks ya'll. i am feeling much better and have decided to continue with my weight loss effort. i don't want to be fat anymore, and i am the only one who can make that happen.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/165

Height: 6'1

Good for you onestar, you've come so far, why quit now!

Thanks to everyone else as well, I have been having a lot of the same feelings and you guys motivate me to strive onwards and upwards (or maybe that should be downwards?!)
LucyFM is offline   Reply With Quote