Old 03-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/204/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Alcohol must go.

I have been counting calories for about two weeks and have found that when I go off track or overeat is when alcohol is involved. Anyways, gonna give up some intoxicating fun for a while.
yup005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #2  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Good luck! I know what you mean. I can have the best motivation and feelings about dieting and being on plan ever, and a few beers in, I can eat an entire bag of chips or pizza or whatever is there. I think I might make the same kind of plan soon... after St. Paddy's day. My boyfriend and his brothers are Irish, I don't think I can give that night up. Much luck!! It's a good plan.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #3  
Meow

I really need to as well.. but it is so hard :P
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #4  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I don't drink a lot to begin with but when I do drink I have 3-4. I have drank twice since my new way of healthy eating and both times, the day after was horrendous for me.

I felt terrible, I was starving but nauseous all at the same time. My whole day was ruined, I went completely off plan. I really felt like I had a hangover. I have only had a couple of real hangovers in my life. I don't know if it's because I'm eating different and that's why I felt that way or what.

But I know that I'm not drinking again unless it's a real special occasion and then I'm only gonna have one or two.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #5  

I quit drinking over 20 years ago. AA helped a lot. I just needed that support. Good luck.
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #6  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabec View Post

I quit drinking over 20 years ago. AA helped a lot. I just needed that support. Good luck.
Congrats on your sobriety! 20 years is awesome! AA is a wonderful program, I have seen how it has saved many peoples lives.

I'm so glad the only addiction I ever got was food addiction. Well, I cant say that I'm particularly glad about it but based on the rest of my family, I got the good addiction. I have a whole family chock full of alcoholics, addicts, gamblers, you name it and my family has it.

Last edited by hpnodat; 03-10-2009 at 09:19 PM.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #7  
Age Quod Agis

S/C/G: 184/177/134

Height: 5'5.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by yup005 View Post
I have been counting calories for about two weeks and have found that when I go off track or overeat is when alcohol is involved. Anyways, gonna give up some intoxicating fun for a while.
Furthermore, its a TOTAL waste of calories! Many cocktail beverages total up to 700cals per glass! If I am restricting my calorie intake, it makes absolutely NO sense to waste calories on alcohol- its non-nutritive, and also interferes with you body dynamics (you get dehydrated, your appetite becomes MONSTROUS, you feel sluggish and are less likely to exercise, etc), and I personally believe it can stall weight loss (TTTT I have no scientific evidence to back the stalling hypothesis up, but it seems logical for me- I've seen enough beer bellies to think this is sound reasoning).

When I started calorie counting on New Year's, I made a personal decision to not drink until I reach my goal weight. Since then I've had a glass of wine once at a dinner with friends, and it will probably happen again, no sweat, but overall I should be averaging one or two drinks a month (and only wine at that) or less.

Last edited by sweetshauna; 03-10-2009 at 09:26 PM.
sweetshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #8  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

i don't know man... i drink rum and diet, keep it under tabs and have a rule for not eating at the bar. usually i don't want to anyway and go to a lot of clubs where it's mostly running around dancing. so i don't really think i need to give it up for calorie reasons....

but kudos to you! heath wise you're DEFINITELY doing the right thing for your body.
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I have a glass of red wine most evenings with dinner. I log it into my journal, and account for the calories. So far it's been okay.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Anyways, gonna give up some intoxicating fun for a while.
Okay, so you'll be giving up the intoxicating fun, just think how fun it will be when you lose the weight and feel better and start getting oodles of compliments and your confidence soars and your energy increases and you have to buy new clothes - now that's FUN!

Last edited by rockinrobin; 03-11-2009 at 10:51 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #11  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I have stopped drinking because I am ill. I will have to be of it till a week or two after I am better too so I don't relapse because booze does a number on my immune system. I am currently trying to find a good drink for when I do start drinking again. I like having a few when I go out but I will also have more calories for those days since I will be dancing!
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/204/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Okay, so you'll be giving up the intoxicating fun, just think how fun it will be when you lose the weight and feel better and start getting oodles of compliments and your confidence soars and your energy increases and you have to buy new clothes - now that's FUN!
Your so right!
yup005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/203/160

Height: 5'11"

I seem to find that I can have a glass of wine with supper a few nights a week. I just budget for the calories and stick to the one glass rule.
shymeggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Your so right!
Yeah. It's a process. Really. You need to delve deep and rethink lots of things. What treats are and rewards - things other then food. What FUN is, other then food and drinking. What gratification is - not short term - but longterm. Look ahead. Much of weight loss is in the mind.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

I sometimes do choose to budget calories for alcohol into my day. More & more lately, though, I find myself thinking, "What would I rather have for these calories - booze or food?" and picking FOOD! I like my wine - but I'm not always willing to give up one of my snacks in order to have an extra glass!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote