Weight Loss Support - Motivational books?

View Full Version : Motivational books?

waterski chick
03-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Can anyone recommend any good books about weight loss or motivation in general? Thanks!

KDuffer
03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't know if this counts as a motivational book but I found Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto (it's an ebook you can buy on line and download) to be one of the best diet books. Not only does he go through the how to lose weight concepts but he spends a lot of time and goal setting and mental/psychological aspect of weight loss.

He also has a new print book out called The Body Fat Solution that basically covers the materials in his ebook but in a more accessible manner.

I also thought Thin for Life by Anne Fletcher to be a great book. She gives accounts and advice of people who have lost weight and have kept it off for many years.

Smiling_Sara
03-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I just got the book Half Assed. I can't wait to read it!!

AngelMae
03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Half Assed is really good!!

MissVitality
03-10-2009, 04:05 PM
"Confessions of a Reformed Dieter" by A.J. Rochester. Love it and have reread it so many times.

teawithsunshine
03-10-2009, 06:16 PM
"Stop the Insanity!" by Susan Powter
"Thin is the New Happy" by Valerie Frankel
"French women don't get fat" by Mireille Guiliano
"The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl" by Shauna Reid
"Secrets of a Former Fat Girl" by Lisa Delaney
"Gut Feelings" and "I'm Still Hungry" by Carnie wilson
"Such a Pretty Fat" by Jen Lancaster
"Jared, the Subway Guy" by Jared Fogle

The others have mentioned several other books I've read or have :)

Hope this helps!

~ tea

ICUwishing
03-11-2009, 05:20 PM
I found "Ultrametabolism" by Mark Hyman to be my favorite. Not only did I learn a lot about food, but he relates a lot of case studies of people with some fairly dire issues that were fixed mainly by nutrition. Honestly, though, the very best motivation I've ever found is coming in here and looking at the Success Stories and Mini Goals. These are REAL people, who have fought the battle, and are winning!