Old 03-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #1  

Question Foods for purchase at WW

Could anyone who goes to the WW meetings tell me what kind of foods they sell and how much they cost. For example, how much are the smoothie mixes and are they good? How much do the snack bars cost, how many come in a box and how many pts are they worth? What other foods do they sell?
Thanks for the help!
g8trzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi there!

I'm in Canada, and I think that you may have more variety in the US, but at our meetings they sell:
- the mini snack bars (peanut butter, caramel-chocolate)- 1 pt each, about 12 in a box, and $7.50 (which is probably a lot less in US dollars!!)

- Other granola bars - i've never tried them, but i think they're also 1 pt, 5-6 in a box, probably the same price

- Powdered drink mix (like Crystal Lite)- also have never tried them, and can't remember how much they are!

We don't have the smoothie mix. I have bought the PB mini-snack bars, and they're pretty good, although they are TINY!

I'm also pretty sure that you can go to the ww centers just to buy the food even if you're not going to the meetings.

hope that helps! Maybe one of our American friends can jump in and fill in any gaps
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

it is mostly snacks, bars, noodle side dishes and drink mixes Kinda like the 100 calorie packs. I do not by them becasue I have no self control with snacks in the house. I bought the choc. mint bars once they were 2 points each (they now make a 1 pt ) and I ate all of them in one day...... If you go to weightwatchers. you can find a location and go and check them out, I do not think you have to be a member to by the food you can just fo to a meeting location and purchase it there.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I like the smoothie mixes. I think it's $8 for a box of 8 (they work out to $1 a piece, that's all i remember really). I buy them very occasionally because they're kind of expensive - but you can make some really great filling drinks with them! And Dawn's right, you don't have to be a member to walk into a center and purchase items.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Unless they've changed them ALOT since I was a member a couple years ago, they are extremely expensive compared to the grocery store items that are the equivalent nutrition and point count (and there is a grocery store equivalent to almost every product). The one item that I did buy consistently (I bought some of the others one time to find the grocery store equivalent), was the sugar free candies (only when they had a special).

Last edited by kaplods; 03-12-2009 at 10:44 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #6  

You guys are awesome!! Thank you so much for the help!!! We are actually doing the "Biggest Loser" at my school with our depts competing against each other. I am following WW even though I do not attend the meetings. I feel as though the support I am getting from my fellow colleagues is more than enough!! I was more curious than anything as to what they might sell. I do have a friend that goes but she never looks at the food and didn't know what they sold. She has offered to buy me some so I can try them. I will get her to ask her leader if they allow "outsiders" to purchase. I am going to try the chocolate caramel 1 pt bars and the smoothies. I am curious as to what you can do with the smoothies. Actually, will they have recipe ideas on the outside of the boxes?
Thanks again for all the help and happy losing!!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #7  

Smoothies have a recipe leaflet in the box.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 6

Here's what they sell at my meetings:
rice and pasta side dishes, 1 pt "candy-type" bars, 2 point "candy-type" bars,
multigrain cracker thins, hard candies, chewy candies, oatmeal, smoothie mix, flavor straws (to use with coffee), pretzel thins (BBQ flavor), cheese crackers.

I have tried the 2 point and the 1 point bars, they are GOOD! and I cannot live without the multigrain crackers... you get a lot of crackers for two points!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #9  

thanks Mandi,
My friend is going to get me the choc caramel 1 pt bars and a box of the vanilla smoothie mix!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #10  

The smoothies contain aspartame. That stuff gives me migraines. They mostly sell junk at WW meeting locations. Cracks and bars containing all kinds of mysterious ingredients like "guar gum" and preservatives and sugar (or fake sugar). I've been much more successful and have found it much easier to lose weight than any time I've ever tried before for a couple of reasons: 1) I'm journalling like an insane maniac and counting everything as accurately as possible, 2) I'm exercising consistently and intelligently, and 3) I'm eating nearly all Filling Foods, wholesome, unprocessed foods without chemicals or preservatives. Not to say that I do this perfectly all the time, but at least 85% of what I've been eating falls into this category. I honestly think this last bit has been the most important of these.
Ariashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Most of the sweet stuff has artificial sweeteners, which I'm waaaay allergic to. It's pretty pricey. I'm sure they taste fine, but like Kaplods said, you can find a cheaper grocery store equivalent for almost everything there. Good luck!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote