Support Groups - McSkinney's Loozing Floozies March Madness! Floozies Gone Wild!!

gdeann
02-28-2009, 05:56 PM
WELCOME!!

This is a great group of gals ready to offer support, motivation and the all important friendship needed to reach our weight loss and health goals.

Ok, ladies! Time to get off our bum's and get to moving and a losing! Spring is going to be just around the corner! Almost time to pull out the Summer wear and show more skin. Let's go wild and drop some pounds this month!

gdeann
02-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I hope it was ok to start the March thread. Let's set a few goals this month ladies. Personally, I feel like our small group is getting smaller and smaller and lacking motivation. I am as guilty as anyone to come here, check in and never bring up my daily struggles with weight and eating. I am afraid we are getting stagnate and will soon fall apart. If your interested in keeping this group together, then lets set a one month challenge THIS MONTH to check in daily and post anything NEGATIVE or POSITIVE about our weight loss journey.

I'm in, how about you????:hug:

gdeann
02-28-2009, 06:11 PM
It's COLD here today! I'm making a big pot of stew made with veggies and ground turkey. Lunch was a new Smart Ones pizza and tossed salad ~ it was very good! We will probably have a tossed salad with the stew tonight.

For Lent, we have been eating some of the Morning Star veggie protein products on meatless days. The Chick'n patty makes a great sandwich with a bit of light mayo, lettuce and a few peppercini slices to liven it up.

I have also been trying to eat one ounce of almonds a day. I picked up a jalepeno flavored almond. Yummy, but just have a glass of water nearby too! :-)

Well, I hope everyone is having a great weekend & staying warm!!

gdeann
03-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Almost 24 hours and I am the only one posting...
Pulling us to the top...

gdeann
03-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Not a good day for me diet wise. We had a big reakfast after church and then Allie and I went dress shopping. On a good note she did find an Easter dress and her First Communion dress! I wish I could of stayed away from the wine though, once we were home. I am back on track first thing Monday morning!

4myloves
03-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey Ladies!!

Gayle, I have no problem with you starting a March thread for us!! I'll try to check in everyday, too, to keep things going! The only days I may have problems with will be the week-end, because I have my hands full between Jake and Tupperware!

I've been trying to not eat after 4:30. So far, I've lost around 4 pounds. I'm ready for the weather to straighten up so I can start adding some outdoor exercise (well, exercise IN GENERAL) to my life.

I had a Tupperware party this week-end. Sold right at $400 for a $100 profit. Not bad for less than 2 hours of "work."

gdeann
03-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Cheryl, do you get hungry eating and stopping so early in the day? I tend to THINK I need a snack in the evening. I wish I had some of your willpower right now. I had a nutritional shake for lunch, but ate way more then I should of for my evening meal. I just can't seem to get motivated and stay motivated.

4myloves
03-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Cheryl, do you get hungry eating and stopping so early in the day? I tend to THINK I need a snack in the evening. I wish I had some of your willpower right now. I had a nutritional shake for lunch, but ate way more then I should of for my evening meal. I just can't seem to get motivated and stay motivated.

Gayle, I don't get hungry, because I EAT! No shakes for me! Yesterday for lunch (between 1:30 & 2:30) I ate a FOOTLONG Subway BMT with a bag of light Lays. I don't deprive myself of food, I just don't eat after 4:30! It would have been like eating 6 inches of the sandwich at 12:00 and 6 inches of the sandwich at 6:30 or so at night--I just at it all at once mid-afternoon.

gdeann
03-03-2009, 12:13 PM
I love Subway too! I really am not a fan of the shakes, but I'm lazy! Yesterday was going to be a super short lunch for me and it was easier to grab a shake compared to heating up soup or making a salad. :-) I am the queen of laziness some days! Today for lunch, I'm home, so I'm having some leftover turkey stew.

4myloves
03-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Ummmmmm......Turkey Stew sounds yummy to me--it's cold here today!

ShelleyM
03-04-2009, 05:43 AM
Cheryl-I can't imagine not eating after 4:30!! We don't even eat dinner until 7PM most days. I am just starting my workout at 4:30. I wish I was as strong as you to do that!

Gayle-I couldn't find the rest of the Feb thread. I will try to come here every other day at the least. I have been guilty of being on FB and not checking in here enough.

I am going to change my tracker to my current weight. Maybe that will motivate me.

gdeann
03-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Shelley, as inactive as what we are, I'm sure the February thread is buried way back in there somewhere! :-) Sorry I started a new thread, but the other one was 3-4 pages long. I wish I could do what Cheryl is doing too. We usually shoot for meal time around 5:30-6:00 but most times it is around 7:00.

Cheryl, what is your favorite Subway sandwich? I love the Italian, heated, with the southwest sauce, not so diet friendly though! :-)

Yesterday was a good day for me. I stayed on plan and also stayed home! Was able to get some things finished. Heading to the tax guy this morning along with picking my mom up so she can ride along and get out of the house. She is having good days and not so good days. I guess this goes along with her condition. She will never be like she was, age and health is catching up with her.

I miss our others here on the board! Sometimes I wonder why we even try to keep a group going here. Seems like most of us stay in contact via email, other sites etc.

ShelleyM
03-05-2009, 05:40 AM
Gayle-I'm sure our little vacation chickie will be posting soon. She is so busy in PV! I really like FB because we can see what each other are doing on the newsfeeds. I think Cheryl and Suzy are the only ones not on there right now.
Good for you on taking a day off from work and staying OP! Talk to you later.

coles
03-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Gayle - thank you for starting the March thread.
We kind of lost track on why we are here on a weight loss forum.
It must have been a Subway day yesterday.
I had to wait for an hour to get my hair cut and went to subway for lunch.
I had a six inch turkey sub on wholewheat. Lettuce, tomato, onion and green pepper with sub sauce. I am wondering of the sauces which ones are lower in calories. I didn't put cheese on it. I had a diet coke with it.
For breakfast I had Special K with yogurt instead of milk, for dinner I had a BBQ chicken breast with broccoli with shredded cheddar on top. I wasn't hungry. I think the key is to eat not wait until you are starving and eat thinks that are easy to grap. I got rid of all the junk in the house, I have no will power and will give in to the cookies etc if they are handy.
I do have some weight watchers cookies though.
I will change my ticker too and stay totally honest.
Cheryl are you still going to WW?

coles
03-05-2009, 07:35 AM
This week I took my car in on Monday because on the weekend I had a light coming on. It was going to be $3000 to fix. I was in total shock. My car was a 97 and not worth putting that much money into. I just went on the lot and bought a different car. I bought a little 2002 Cavalier. I only paid $4800 for it and it only had 29,000 Kilometers or about 18,000 miles. I love it. I've been touring around shopping etc just enjoying my new car. I have to go to work today though. BUMMER.

4myloves
03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Shelley, I'm here! I've been trying to post every day, like Gayle suggested.

Gayle, as long as there are two of us here, we have a group. I like just about every Subway sandwich. I take turns with the ones I eat. My favorite is a Pizza Sub, like the Italian BMT, but with twice the pepperoni--ummm ummm ummmm! I don't eat it anymore, though.

Janice, I am still going to WW, but on THEIR scales I'm not showing a loss. I don't really understand it--I showed that I lost weight last week, but at weigh-in I had gained a pound. Of course, I started my period the next day so I'm HOPING that next Tuesday I will have lost that pound PLUS a couple of its buddies. My goal is still to eat, drink and lose!

4myloves
03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
And, Janice, THANKS for posting George!

gdeann
03-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Janice, congrats on the car! You will love it! I'm still paying mine off and had to put about 1500 into it right before Christmas... I hope the mechanic had a nice Christmas!! :-)

Cheryl, have you ever tried the turkey pepperoni?? I eat a serving or two of pepperoni with a string cheese for a snack. Liz use to work at a Subway and was a sandwich artist. :-) I love the smell of fresh baked bread but dreaded the days they proofed the dough, she would come home with the nastiness smell all over her. The clothes instantly went into the washer.

I have had a good day so far. Homemade ground turkey/pasta bake for dinner along with salad. I find I do better if I prepare. I have been planning my menu for the week and then shopping. seems to help the grocery bill too.

Hey Janice, I can"t remember if you ever told me or not. Did you go thru an online service or travel agent when you took your vacation?? Just wanted to double check incase you used an online service considering it wasn't the trip you had hoped for. We are still looking at doing something one day.

Wishing everyone happy weight loss thoughts!!!

4myloves
03-06-2009, 11:52 AM
I've never tried turkey pepperoni. I like turkey bacon, though, so I bet I'd like it. Too bad they don't have it at Subway. I used to want a job as a sandwich artist just so I could get free sandwiches :)

How is Liz? How is Allison?

gdeann
03-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Cheryl, I buy the Hormel brand of pepperoni. It is 70 calories for 17 slices. 70% less fat then most other pepperoni. Sometimes I cover a plate with a paper towel and them place the pepperoni on top and microwave until some what crisp. Kinda like a pepperoni chip! :-)

Allie is growing like a weed! Wearing between big girl clothing and junior sizes! We found her Easter dress and First Communion dress last weekend. School is going well. If anything, she tends to get bored with it. She won't even try and gets straight A's. Thank goodness she takees after her father. Her mom majored in socializing. Liz is great! loves the area and loves her job. All except for an evil boss... we stay in contact either by cell phone, computer or texting. She knows most things happening here in town before I do!

Lunch today is a chick'n patty with bun and salad. May add some brocolli & cheese sauce to the menu too. Meatless day here today also.

ShelleyM
03-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Janice-Yay on the new car! Sounds like you are doing great on your eating. I'm so proud of you.

Gayle-You are doing great on your plan also. Keep it up.

Cheryl-Maybe it has to do with the time you go to WW meetings? Do you go the same time every week?

Hair day today with my momma.

gdeann
03-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Shelley, enjoy the day with mom! Are you wearing your hair straight or curly now?

I am going in the 17th to get a heavy frost/highlights in mine. Decided to go natural, so I am wanting something to match the already there gray hairs!

I hope everyone is doing well & enjoying the weekend!

Had a McDonalds fruit parfait for breakfast and then more fruit and a veggie corndog for lunch. We are eating either at McDonalds or wendy's in the morning after church. Not sure what I will have. I can't seem to find any breakfast info at all from Wendys as far as calories etc.

gdeann
03-08-2009, 08:46 PM
We endedup at Wendys, which is not diet friendly for breakfast. I had the breakfast burrito, no hashbrowns. Sundays, we usually have a big breakfast and then just eat dinner and no lunch.
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Anyone hear from Suzy? I sent her a personal email last week and not heard back. She isn't posting on the FF site either. I hope everything is ok with she & Tim.

ShelleyM
03-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Hey everyone! Outback last night for a co-worker's birthday. Calories galore! Back to OP reality today.

4myloves
03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Our Wendy's doesn't have a breakfast menu. I wish it did, because it's on my way to work and I have to go out of my way to McDonald's when I want fast food for brekkie.

Shelley, my weigh-ins are at the same time each week. I've got a meeting today, which I am now dreading. Uggh.

I had a Tupperware party this week-end. I had to drive 64 miles (round trip), but it was worth it because, so far, the party sales are at $550--and that's without the hostess order! I'm looking at a $600 party!! Whoo-hoo! I also signed my 3rd recruit, so, if I can get her qualified before the end of March, I should get a royalty check in April! Also, I dated 3 parties off of the one this week-end--which will probably be held throughout April! I feel like things are finally falling into place for me.

4myloves
03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
I lost two pounds @ my weigh-in last night!

Shelley, hope you're recovering from the Outback!

:wave: Gayle, Janice, Suzy & Princess Dee

SuzyMc
03-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone! I'm sorry to have been away for so long. I guess I just got busy and there wasn't much activity here, so I got out of the habit of checking in each day.

We had a wonderful trip to NC, but it was much too short! It was so hard to leave our little cowboy and the warm weather! You girls who spend the winters in Mexico have the right idea!

Tim had a post surgery check up this week and all of his blood counts are NORMAL! Granted they are on the low end of the scale, but still normal.

My MIL seems to have been on a rapid decline the past few weeks. We have changed her primary care physician and he has ordered a lot of blood work and tests that her old doctor has neglected to do, so we're going back and forth to a lot of appointments. We're really in hopes to get her in to an assisted living facility soon.

I have put on so much weight this winter! I need to focus on my calorie intake and get off my bum and start moving more, but what I really need is some motivation!

Gayle ~ I have my hair highlighted to help hide the gray too, so far it's working well, but I know the day will come when I will have to do something a little more drastic! ;)

Cheryl ~ I'm glad to hear that the tupperware business is doing well! Congratulations on your weight loss!

Janice ~ Congratulations on your new car! We have been shopping for a "new to me" Trailblazer, but the last dive that the stock market took made me worry about having a car payment again, so we decided to wait a bit and see how the economy goes.

Shelley ~ Good to see you! No Facebook for me...I can't keep up with message boards and blogs as it is, so I know I wouldn't be able to keep up with Facebook too.

coles
03-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Glad you posted Suzie we were worried about you. I have been working lots because the full time Supervisor retired and we are covering her job plus our own. (Nutrition Manager) I also have a cook job so too many hours right now. We have a freeze on hiring and internal posting so not sure how long this is going to last.
After having to buy a new car, the TV quit later in the week. Had to buy an new TV, what a week. I need those extra hours to pay for this stuff.
Wash machine isn't sounding very happy these days either. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12_3_46.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)
I am stressed these days so of course I'm overeating. I hate myself sometimes. I am my own worst enemy.
On a happier note, my little Maggie dog is doing great on her heart meds.
Gayle - we went through a travel agent for our trip. Next time I will do more research on my own.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7926)

4myloves
03-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Janice--shopping much lately :lol: For some reason it's not as fun when you're doing it because you HAVE too!

Suzy, I know what you mean about facebook. Sometimes I think I'd like to go there, but then reality sets in--I can't even manage to check in here most of the time!!!! I do plan on coming back to FFO, though, when I'm able. I miss the ladies over there. Good luck with the car shopping (and the stock market).

gdeann
03-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Feeling like poo here today. Got a chest/cough thing going on. Thank goodness today ended up being a day I could just hang out at the house.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Cheryl, congrats on the weight loss! Suzie, glad all is ok, I missed you. Janice, we are wanting to go somewhere but can't afford the expense or the time away as the group wanting to go with us. We are afraid to be gone too long considering mom's health etc. Our short trip has turned into a long expensive one. I think we are going to break the news to them and tell them no. Then maybe, Steve & I can just get away for 3-4 days. Who knows? :-)

coles
03-13-2009, 08:49 PM
I hear you Gayle. Going away is very expensive and then when you get there you end up spending more.
There is a group here that goes together and is always inviting Doug and I. We like to do our own thing and going with a group would be restricting for us. We go away a lot in the summer to different things around the province. Its just nice to get away for a few days.

gdeann
03-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Still feeling like poo here today. Stayed on plan yesterday (within calorie range) while eating a frozen cheese pizza, not a healthy choice but a lazy, not feeling good choice. Hope you all have a great weekend!

coles
03-16-2009, 07:00 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
I worked for seven days straight. Today I am off and looking forward to going for a long walk now the weather is above freezing. Finally I can come out of hibernation.
Gayle - feel better soon.

4myloves
03-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Hello all--I ate terribly over the week-end, so I'll probably gain my two pounds back when I weigh in tomorrow. Sigh. Gotta get better!!

coles
03-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Cheryl - its a journey not a marathon. Life happens. Hang in there.

coles
03-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Good Luck today Cheryl hopefully five days of being on program will have kept you with a weight loss. If not don't beat yourself up. Stick with it.
I have a challenge with my husband. For every two pounds I lose he has to cut back by one cigarette. He started at 25 a day. I lost 3.6 so he is losing one for today. I want him to quit smoking and I need to lose 50 pounds. Its a win win for both of us. Hopefully this works for us.
Good Morning Floozies -
Loved your pics - Dee you lucky girl. Wish I was there with you enjoying the sun.

SuzyMc
03-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Janice, that it a wonderful goal for you both! Great idea!

I've been trying to get back on track, but it's easier said than done. I really do think it will be easier once warm weather gets here. Does it seem like dieting is easier in the spring and summer to you too?

gdeann
03-17-2009, 05:22 PM
What great motivation Janice!! As an X smoker, I bet hubby will even gain a pound or two of your loss when he stops. It's more habit then anything. I think that is one of my dieting downfalls, I still want to put something to my mouth all of the time. I use to smoke when I was stressed, now I eat...

Deelite
03-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey Ladies.....

I am back at my other home now. Arrived home less than 24 hour ago.

We are jet lagged and sad to be here.

What an awesome vacation.

It sounds like you are all motivated. I am happy to hear that. Keep up the good work. I will jusmp on the scale tomorrow if I remember and see how I did. I don't feel like I gained any weight, we walked so much that no matter how much beer I drank I don't think I could get a beer belly. To tell you the truth I didn't want any more alcohol the last few weeks of our trip. I had had enough. I don't drink much anyways. I think I save up all year so that I can drink in PV.

I sure did miss you all. I will post more soon.

ShelleyM
03-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Welcome back, Dee!!

Cheryl-That's great about your recent Tupperware party!

Gayle-I chew gum a lot, even though I quite smoking when I was pregnant with Patty.

Suzy-Prayers to MIL. Nice to hear from you.

Janice-Here's hoping DH quits smoking. Mine has terrible teeth from all his smoking.

Deelite
03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey Shelley how are you doing? Speaking of chewing gum Dez told me yesterday that the dentist said that our total chewing time should be 30 minutes a day. That is for eating and chewing gum. While we were away Dez was chewing gum (she has gum every day) and broke two teeth. She has strong cavity free teeth. The dentist said that since she has been chewing gum so much she has damaged her teeth. They have vertical cracks in them from the stress of chewing to much.

Gayle how is your mom doing? Has Liz healed up?
Keep watching what you are eating, you are motivated now. Cheers to your hot body for your trip next year.

Suzy what quilt are you working on now?
How are all your grandchildren doing? You are a really busy Grannie.

Cheryl you must love doing tupperware. It seems o be a good job for you. How many hours are you working a week on tuppperware?

Janice I see that you will be getting nice warm weather today. Is all the snow melted for you? We have lots but the grass is peaking out.

Yesterday as soon aas I got out of bed I started to open the mail Larry had devided into piles. The first envelope that I openned was a great surprise. I won a $50 gift certificate to a shopping mall. What a nice welcome home. It made my day.

Now on that note I better get out of bed and start my day. This little lap top is pretty handy.

Have an a super on program day.

coles
03-20-2009, 07:10 AM
Good morning gals,
Welcome back Dee. We don't have any snow left. The weather is up and down but today is the first day of Spring.
I've been working a lot lately. What a shock to my system. I normally only work 43 hours over two weeks. Our full time Nutrition Manager retired and we have a hiring freeze on right now. We are filling in for full time plus our part time positions. Since having to buy a new car and new tv in one week the extra money will help.
Glad its almost the weekend, I need some R & R.

gdeann
03-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Enjoy some rest Janice! It seems like when it rains, it pours! Hopefully, you won't need to replace anything else for awhile.

Glad you made it back Dee! It seemed like you were gone longer this year?? You lucky little ^&%& :-) Winning something as a welcome back home!! I hope you pick out something nice!

Suzy, happy to hear all is fairly well with you. life just seems to take over at times and we have to step it up and face what is delt to us. I hope you can find a place for MIL. (((HUGS)))

Shelley, enjoy the soon to be weekend! is this your Spring break time too?

Cheryl, how is the little guy today? About time for a few more email pics, eh??

Well, we are to meet next weekend in a town about 3 hours from here with the group planning our vacation. Because of kids/ailing parents etc. We have set a limit of only 4-5 nights at a resort. Everyone is looking at the Riviera Maya area. Sorry, Dee, I couldn't talk them into PV... I think everyone is still leaning toward January 2010... I wanted to go this coming October! I bet I could pack my bags fast!

4myloves
03-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Gayle, I have a camera to be developed, it's just remembering to take it with me to the store. I'll get to it eventually!! :love:

gdeann
03-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Gayle had her hair highlighted today...Gayle is home re-doing it tonight...

coles
03-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Why are you re-doing your hair Gayle, did it not turn out how you wanted it. You're lucky to be a hairdresser because you can fix things up.
Good Morning everyone- Woo hoo its the weekend! I love my job, but love my days off more.
Staying on track and cost Doug 2 cigarettes a day so far. Lost 4 pounds.
I like this challenge.

gdeann
03-21-2009, 09:53 AM
GREAT JOB JANICE! I really like the goal behind the challenge. You guys are doing fantastic!

I do everyone elses hair except my own, so when I do get it done, I really hope all turns out as I like it. I kept telling her I wanted ash tones (silver) to match my natural gray coming in. I wanted no golden tones yellow/red. She did minimal highlighting around my entire head, but then I wanted a few chunkier pieces up toward my face. Well now I have two yellow chunks.
:-(
I tried using product last night to neutralize out the yellow tone. It helped a bit, but not much. Today I'm thinking I may brave it and try to pull the same hair again and then foil & bleach it on out another couple levels. Then I can place a toner over the top of it if need be. All Steve could do was giggle when I came home! He said it's the first time he ever had a hooker... I wish I could do my own hair, but it gets to be a challenge in the back.

Deelite
03-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Gayle I am sure that you will be able to fix up your hair the way you want too. It sounds like you know what you are doing. It sucks that you paid someone money and that you have to fix up their job.
Aww no PV. I was telling Larry that you might be out next year. I was so hoping to meet you. Mayan Riveara is beautiful.
Last year I was gone 7 weeks to PV, this year it was 8 and next year it will be 9.

Janice we still have lots of snow but the grass is peaking out here and there. It has been melting since I came home so by next weekend we should be snow free providing that we don't get a big dump.

I have some troubling news to share and I need your prayers.
Dez has been diagnoised with 2nd stage cancer. She will be going in for treatments in a few weeks. They thought it was first stage while we were in mexico but we just got a call when we got home from the clinic that she was to call in immediately. She was scheduled for a june appointment to keep an eye on it but when they found they got the results of the biopsy they need her in right away.

gdeann
03-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Dez will be in my prayers. Please keep us updated. If I may ask, where did they find the cancer? Give her a hug from me and tell her I am thinking of her.

Well, I FINALLY have hair I can live with! I re-bleached it out today a few more levels and then placed a champayne ash blonde toner on my light areas. Damn! I think I would of made one heck of a beauty operator! ;-)
So much for the pampering, I will just continue to do my own hair! Urks me off I pain the girl almost $100 yesterday for a pissy job though...

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! We went Geocaching, then grocery shopping for my mommy.

Deelite
03-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Gayle she has cervical cancer. They thought that she had stage one cancer so they weren't to concerned. It usually take 3-5 years to turn in to stage 2. She has never had an internal before this year. That is why they didn't catch it sooner.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.
It was so cloudy out today that I didn't even step out doors. I am hoping of going back to the gym tomorrow. I jumped on my exercise bike today for 30 minutes but since I have been home I have walked to the doctor and did yoga once. That is it besides go up and down a trillion times to do laudry.

SuzyMc
03-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Prayers are being said for Dez, Dee. I can't imagine what you all must be going through right now. :hug:

Deelite
03-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Suzy thanks. I am ok, I am thinking positive and she will do fine. We all can learn from everything that comes into our lives.

gdeann
03-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Prayers for Dez & stay positive! At one time I was diagnosed with stage 2 cervical cancer, they went in, cleaned me out and removed the spots. Everything came out fine. I hope Dez has the same results. Are they going to try removing? Will she try to continue with her nursing?? {{{HUGS}}}

4myloves
03-24-2009, 10:17 AM
My but Dez has been through a lot in her life! All those years of you and Larry working to help her get on track and going in the right direction and now she's hit with cancer..... Well, ya know what? She's a strong girl with a strong family and I think she'll be FINE! Tell her she has her Floozie family behind her!

Deelite
03-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Today I will be going to the specialist with Dez. She thinks that they will be doing something to her. They haven't given her much info.

Gayle how long ago did you have cancer? Are they chances it will return? Do you know what caused it? It is good to know that they were able to remove it. That makes me feel better to know that you are ok now. There is good hopes for Dez.

Deelite
03-24-2009, 10:25 PM
I am in shock and am scared. The specialist said that Dez has a 60% survival rate for the next 5 years. She has cancer in her cells which only is found in 10% of the cases or less. She will be operated on April 17th. That is fast for us. They will cut away about 1 inch and hope that they get it all. In june she will go for another test and if they find any more cancer they will start radiation.

4myloves
03-25-2009, 09:19 AM
:hug: & :grouphug: to you and Dez, Dee.

Deelite
03-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Gayle what type of cancer did you have?

We are having a smow torm, YUCK!
Tomorrow it is suppose to clear up. I am ready for green grass and flowers. Gee I am lucky to have gotten away from all the cold and snow.

What is everyone's plan today?
I stayed home from the gym and tackled all the dust in my upper floor. I dusted sweeped, sorted and washed the floors.
Now to think of what to make for dinner tonight.

SuzyMc
03-25-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm continuing to keep Dez in my prayers! Keep the faith, Dee!

Our sewing group met today, so I spent the day quilting with friends. It was a great way to spend the day...much better than cleaning!

gdeann
03-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Dee, it showed up on a pap test. They went in and removed all of the spots and thank goodness they tested benign. Sorry for the confusion.
I am so sorry to read about Dez! PRAYERS ARE SAID here! Tell we are all thinking of her...

coles
03-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Dee- Dez is in my prayers. I am sorry I haven't checked in for a few days and was sad to hear she has to go through this. Stay strong.

4myloves
03-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Hello everyone! Jake is sick and Stewart is sick, so I've been baby-sitting both of my men for the past couple of days.

You know, I found out something today that tells me a lot about why Stewart is the way he is. My regular baby-sitter is out of town, so I took Jake to Stewart's aunt today. While I was there she told me she felt sorry for Stewart when he was little (probably 3 1/2 years old, or so). I asked her why and she said that Beth (Stewart's mom) "made" over his little brother but treated Stewart badly. I told her I knew that when he was around four or five she would lock him out of the house and make him play under a tree in thier yard. Stewart's aunt said that when Beth had her hysterectomy she, Stewart and Jason (the little brother) stayed with her for about two months. She said that one day Beth lost her temper with Stewart and Karate chopped him across the back on the neck so hard that she made his feet fly out from under him. He landed on the tile kitchen floor and busted his mouth. Stewart's aunt said that she and Beth had words over that. I can't say that I blame her, I probably would have karate chopped her as hard as I could in the back of the neck! She said that the only love and sympathy Stewart got in that house for the whole two months was from her, not his mother.

Now, Stewart has never said that he was abused as a child, and he may not remember and/or consider that abuse, but I consider that child abuse. And when a child is treated like that it is going to affect how he/she is as a grown up. Stewart makes me mad enough to spit sometimes with some of the stupid things he does (but, he is a man), but that story makes me want to go home and hug him and tell him I love him.

Deelite
03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh boy Cheryl that must have been a rough chidhood for Steward! You can't even imagine what else might have happened to him.

Thanks for all the prayers ladies. We need to keep positive vibes flowing to dez and get the pacmans to eat her cancer up.

I am off to go shopping downtown. I am tired of being stuck indoors. It has been so cold and stormy here.

Have a good day ladies.

ShelleyM
03-29-2009, 07:44 AM
Dee-I haven't been on for quite awhile. I am sending prayers to Dez. Can she have surgery to try and remove the cancer? I will be following on FB. Again, I am so sorry I didn't know.

Hey, I found Doni on FB. I have suggested you all to be friends for her.

Deelite
03-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Shelley Dez is having surgery on April 17th. With that surgery her survival rate is a 60% chance for 5 years. I am not sure what it would be if she wouldn't have the surgery and I don't even want to go there.
With the heavy load of her taking nursing it is probably a blessing in disguise. She is swamped with all the work so doesn't have as much time to think about what is going on but it will probably show up with her marks dropping. That should not hurt her to bad as she has a really high average.

gdeann
03-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Dee, is Dez going to try to continue with the nursing? It might be the best therapy for her... who knows... bless her sweet little heart to be going thru something like this at such a young age. Thank goodness she has such a wonderful family support system. Have you heard of the caring bridge? It is a great site to stay in touch with friends/loved ones while coping with a illness etc. i have a niece setup with a page while going thru a problem pregnancy. Just a suggestion, it may help Dez relieve some of the stress during this most difficult time.

coles
03-31-2009, 07:18 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_19.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA) Where is everyone these days!!!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7925)

ShelleyM
04-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Janice-I haven't been good about checking in. I normally checkin at FB. I need to get back to coming here everyday.

4myloves
04-01-2009, 09:01 AM
STOP!!! A new APRIL thread has been started!!