100 lb. Club - Jen's Secret Bathroom Workouts

View Full Version : Jen's Secret Bathroom Workouts

Jen415
02-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Okay, before you think I am a real nut case, let me set the scene for you...

I work in a building where I am the only female employee....thus, I have MY very own bathroom! It is approximately 6' x 6' (a prison cell LOL), with all solid walls and floors and a heavy door.

Because I drink at least 80 oz of water at work, I am frequently in the bathroom (at least twice an hour, sometimes more). Yesterday, after I would do my "business", I would do some wall push-up, squats, leg lifts, lunges, etc. It only takes 30 seconds to a minute to do a set of 15, so I was able to do a few sets throughout the day. I have to be careful doing anything too vigorous--it's kind of echo-y in there! I like it because it is private--no one watching me!

Anyway...just wanted to share a way to sneak in some extra exercise.

katiecron
02-26-2009, 12:40 PM
awesome. our bathrooms are single rooms, so i could totally get away with this

time2lose
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Good for you! It is surprising what you can do in a few extra minutes at work. I am trying to build strength in my arms so that I can lift my grandkids into the air the next time they come visit. It is their favorite game but at Christmas I just was not strong enough to lift them many times.

Anyway, I got the heaviest reference book I could find on the book shelf in our office. Several times a day, I do a few sets lifting it up in the air. I think it is helping. We will see in a couple of weeks when I see them again!

MugCanDoIt
02-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Thats so funny! I can just see someone doing that....hee hee. You go girl, do what you gotta do!

JulieJ08
02-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Haha, I like it! :)

Daimere
02-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I used to do that on breaks in class cause I had such bad cramps from sitting.

FB
02-26-2009, 04:26 PM
That's so freaking awesome, both your prison bathroom workout and the fact that you do it! I'm laughing at the echoey bit - can you imagine what the guys would think if they heard all sorts of ruckus in there?

butterflygurl
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Lol this is the cutest thread! Wht a great idea, I'm going to start doing that

irishsarah
02-26-2009, 07:52 PM
ROFLMAO! My bathroom at home is only 6x6 WITH a bathtub.

I will sometimes do some excersizes while I am giving the little ones a bath. Its a good thing I am short! :D

See, you're not alone.

lonegirl
02-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Good for you!! I am a vet tech and I remember back when I worked at a hospital that still manuallly processed our Xrays I used to do calf raises and squats in the dk room (I was in there about 10 min at a time often many times a day) :) Whatever you can do to get some extra activity is great!!

WildThings
02-27-2009, 12:10 AM
I use the stairwell in my building for the same thing. Not as private, but I'm on the 18th floor so no one uses the stairs that high up.

Anything to get in a little extra exercise.

Thighs Be Gone
02-27-2009, 12:26 AM
Neat idea Jen!

Wow, you work with all men PLUS you have your own bathroom. You pretty well have my dream job!

Jen415
02-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Neat idea Jen!

Wow, you work with all men PLUS you have your own bathroom. You pretty well have my dream job!

It ain't all that, sister, believe me! It's more like working in a frat house!