Weight Loss Support - Weird Places to Notice Weight lose

hcred123
02-22-2009, 10:31 PM
So I've been dieting and exercising for about a month and I have noticed some differences but nothign major *which is expected after only a month* but i was looking at my feet today and my toes are DEFINATELY skinner! haha I just thought it was a weird little thing to be happy about. Anyone have something like that? A weird but awesome cause for celebration!

jahjah1223
02-22-2009, 10:52 PM
my elbows! lol

mygritsconfessions
02-22-2009, 10:53 PM
My feet - LOL, Actually had to get a smaller pair!

inspired by you
02-22-2009, 10:53 PM
my shins and wrists....lol

primaballerina
02-23-2009, 12:48 AM
I noticed it in my calves the other day when I went to zip up my boots- it was much easier than usual!

I've heard that you usually lose weight from your extremities before you lose it from your middle, so skinnier toes are a good sign!! :)

Leeesa
02-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Can I put in a weird place that I've noticed sinced I gained weight and I'm watching for it to go away? My kneecaps, seriously, rolls on my kneecaps, WTF? I will be so happy when I have normal looking kneecaps again, lol!

flatiron
02-23-2009, 12:57 AM
my ankles have gotten a lot smaller! :D

Skinnybride
02-23-2009, 09:37 AM
I notice when i loose weight i go down a shoe size kinda weired

sws19
02-23-2009, 09:46 AM
my fingers! some of my rings started being too loose.

TJFitnessDiva
02-23-2009, 09:56 AM
My knees for sure....I forgot all about the little indentation below my knee. Makes it harder to shave but I really love seeing it! Oh yeah and my emerging collar bones ;)

Lori Bell
02-23-2009, 10:02 AM
My feet and ankles were the first place to show the awesome signs of weight loss. It is so nice to not have to shop for extra wide shoes anymore! Oh and right now at the mall there are some crazy insane deals on fall/winter shoes, and I bought a few pair which I have not been able to do in years. They never have extra wide on the 80% off rack!

MissVitality
02-23-2009, 10:05 AM
My feet which freaked me out at first and my fingers! And my chest :(

saef
02-23-2009, 11:17 AM
The tops of my feet and the backs of my hands. I can see all sorts of intricate identations and hollows and shifting tendons. Also my toes appear to have grown longer.

munchievictim
02-23-2009, 11:43 AM
My hands get really skeletal. The knuckles of my fingers and the bones in my hands start to stick out really obviously when I drop ten pounds or so. Also, the first thing to go is usually my gut, yay.

MonteCristo
02-23-2009, 12:29 PM
My fingers are the first place I noticed any weightloss.

asparagus4sale
02-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, I noticed something this weekend when trying to do a yoga DVD - my tailbone was hurting so bad when I tried to rock back and forth on my butt. So I guess you could say that is a weird place.

cakses
02-23-2009, 02:02 PM
My fingers and toes and my neck. I have been doing measurements since the beginning and I think I have lost like 4" in my neck! I never even thought it was fat there haha!

My wedding rings are so loose. I am sure I have gone down a size or two in those. Speaking of which, I need to take them in to get resized!

corazonas
02-23-2009, 03:29 PM
i'm with jahjah on the elbows!! that and my wedding ring is able to fly off at any moment now... woo!

(haha maybe hubby won't be as happy about that one as me) ;)

AngelMae
02-23-2009, 05:29 PM
My fingers for sure!! Like everyone has said my rings fly off.

saef
02-23-2009, 07:19 PM
I've experienced the tailbone problem, too. Now I have trouble sitting through movies that are two hours or longer.

Phyxius79
02-23-2009, 07:51 PM
OMG! I am so excited! I have not worn my wedding ring for close to four years. I tried it on and it is tight but it will be on my finger again soon!!!! Thank you guys for reminding me of this, I would have remembered sooner or later but now it is just one more thing to be excited about!

I have noticed a little in the chest. It seems a little weird but it is all gonna be good!

janann
02-23-2009, 08:55 PM
toes, ankles, fingers, and wrists..

joyra
02-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Mine isn't a strange thinner place but all of the sudden I feel like my boobs look so good in tops, especially tanks. I'll think that all these shirts I own suddenly look nice on me, even though they don't necessarily feel looser.

And I've lost about 2 inches from both my bust and chest so things are actually shrinking.. I didn't think I wanted them to shrink but they look good! Also I've lost about 4 inches from my waist so that probably helps flatter the girls more. ;)

KO
02-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Fingers, hands wrists Shoulder blades Knees Feet (skinny toes) jawline I LOVE COLLARBONES

amy180
02-24-2009, 01:13 AM
my fingers! some of my rings started being too loose.
Same! I had to move a ring that I have from my pinky finger to my ring finger (family heirloom; I guess my great grandmother had tiny fingers. ^_^ )

Thin4Good
02-24-2009, 04:30 AM
my knees! I'm a side sleeper and now I have to arrange my legs so that my knees aren't stacked on top of each other because now it hurts if they are. I'm thinking about bringing my pregnancy pillow back out to cushion them.

I don't know what I'm going to do about my rings. They have already been sized down but now they spin freely.

saraRae
02-24-2009, 01:50 PM
I'd have to say my shoulders, which is great because my bras don't dig in anymore! Can't really say about my hands though, they still look like monkey paws.

mystyblue85
02-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Not such a strange place, but I always see it in my face first...then the feet are next and then the fingers...
I'm seeing my face and neckline shrinking so I excitedly look at my feet every week!

Newshinyme
02-24-2009, 02:33 PM
my knees! I'm a side sleeper and now I have to arrange my legs so that my knees aren't stacked on top of each other because now it hurts if they are.

I noticed the same thing too! And when I mentioned it to my DH his answer was "yeah, that's how everyone is".. I never knew LOL

And my bum..I always had a big nice cushion there, now sitting on a harder surface is not so comfortable anymore, I actually had to put a pillow under myseld the other day.

geoblewis
02-24-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm quite large, and up until I started losing weight, the fat was rather solid. Now I'm jiggly all over the place! And even the last holdout, my calves, are starting to feel loose.

Last week I noticed that one of my love handles was almost gone!

Geo

Buttercup
02-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Always in my boobs...the last place I need to lose weight:(