Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 03:40 PM   #1  
EbonyAngel

Default diet pills?

I was wondering if anybody knew of any good fat burners
Old 05-19-2002, 05:16 PM   #2  

Kristy,

I can't recommend any cause I don't know anything about them. I've seen them advertised on QVC, and I might trust them, but other than that, the only 'fatburner' I know of is exercise! Not that I DO it...I just KNOW about it.

Good luck, I'm pulling for you.

Love, Gayle
Old 05-19-2002, 05:24 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

i have no clue about most of them, but be careful of anything containing ephedra or ma huang. it works for some folks, and it gives some of us high blood pressure!!!!

ya have to be careful with anything that messes with your metabolism. you can do permanent damage, especially if you take them for a long time.

good luck!!!
Old 05-20-2002, 08:47 AM   #4  
hot mom wanna be!

I cant say I have never used them (the ones with ephedra and more recently without due to the health scares). They do seem to make you not as hungry but you will get hungry eventually so it comes down to controlling what you eat. Sorry to say it but it's true!! I think taking pills for me is a psychological boost. I know I am taking this pill (and paying for it) so why waste my money by taking it and then not eating correctly? Does that make sense? I think they may be good especially if you are starting out a diet to get you jump started or if you were maintaining and couldnt get the scale down and needed another kick in the pants (so to speak!!)

good luck to you
~lorelei~
Old 05-20-2002, 09:52 AM   #5  
Still Hanging Around:)

Default IMHO....

Just to start off by using that subject line,.... LOL!!!!

The best "Diet Pill" would be a multi-vitamin and a huge glass of ice water Our heads get filled with all this crud about magic pills. This one will increase our metabolism, the next will do something totally different.

I have never been in the habit of taking diet pills. I have at certain points taking a few metabolife, a few water pills. But it was never something that I kept up. Number one.... I can't stand taking pills... can't stand the way they taste.... the way they stick in my throat.

But I *do* believe that there are certain things out there that benefit us. When we start looking in to the ingredients in multi-vitamins... I know that I personally am not getting what I should of the basics. Between the multi-vitamin, and the water.... I would be benefitting myself greatly. It's just getting in to the habit that is challenging! LOL!

I would never look differently at someone who tries the pills. We all look for what will help us.... what will make the difference. I know *I* am! My sister Kari has two metabolife and a huge glass of ice water every morning. That's it for the metabolife. She insists that it makes a big difference in her day. Gets her off to a good start, and makes the cravings easier to deal with. And let me tell you... she looks INCREDIBLE!!! Within 6 pounds of her high school cheerleading days. She also has a personal trainer, is in the gym about 4 days/week, eats *SO* healthfully.... she's really an inspiration!
Old 05-21-2002, 09:59 AM   #6  

I do take "diet pills" but not as a regular thing. They do help me and I have had none of the side effects. I usually take them around my time of the month or when I'm having a really hard time trying to stay OP. And I don't take the dose they ask for. I take them only when I feel like I need them.

But I think you should take them with care. They can cause bad side effects so if you choose to use them do so with great care.

That is my oppinion.

Bella23
280/276/150
Closed Thread