100 lb. Club - WHY do YOU want to lose weight?

View Full Version : WHY do YOU want to lose weight?

cfmama
02-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Give me one reason. The biggest reason why you want to lose weight. Your number one motivation.

cfmama
02-05-2009, 03:11 AM
My number one reason is to live.

I don't know if I've shared this but I have a VERY rare combination of blood clotting disorders. I have Anti phospholipid antibody syndrome COMBINED with Protein S deficiency and Protein C deficiency. AAS is rare on it's own (1 in 300,000 people) but combine it? It's almost unheard of (apparently I am the ONE AND ONLY case in Canada they know about) and it's a chance of 1 in 10,000,000. I won the genetic lottery some might say.

What does this mean? Well it sucks for fertility. I had to be on twice daily injectable blood thinners for the nine months of pregnancy. But more importantly it means I have a high risk of dying of stroke related issues. Blood clotting issues. At an early age IF my weight remains high. The risk climbs and climbs with every extra pound (or cheeseburger if you will!)

So for me? Losing weight is about being able to live a long and healthy life. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You?

JustSharing83
02-05-2009, 04:52 AM
I want to be a mommy. I am not healthy enough to conceive right now (or even have periods) but even if I could, I wouldn't want to take the chance of harming the baby. Then once I have a child I want to be able to play without losing my breath and never have them be embarassed of me. I also want to live enough to watch them grow, learn, get married, become a parent, etc...

mfreeman
02-05-2009, 05:27 AM
It maybe vain, but for ONCE I would like to be a guys first choice. Or to feel confident that the man I'm with is happy and not have people look at us and think why is he with HER? That is my main goal....then of course health. lol

Rosinante
02-05-2009, 06:55 AM
My reason should be health - history of heart disease and cancer in the family - and sometimes it is but mostly it's so that I fit in plane seats and feel invisibly normal.

Daimere
02-05-2009, 07:02 AM
When I was off plan, my heart started to race even if I was sitting. If I laid a certain way in bed, my heart would race. At the same time, my father had to have a cardiac cath. As much as I love eating whatever I wanted cheaply, I hated going to bed. the feeling was so horrible. Half my heart racing was probably stress but it stopped within a week of healthy eating.

Also, the heavy weight I've had for years has caused my left knee to crunch every time I move it. I know from experience that losing the weight is the only way to get rid of it. I even started to have bad knee problems again when I was off plan.

SwimGirl
02-05-2009, 07:58 AM
I want to feel comfortable in my skin, and I don't at this weight. I want to feel what it's like to just LIVE, and not always worry about my weight. And I want to fit into smaller clothes!!

-Aimee

kiki100
02-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Both my parents have adult onset diabetes all due to their lifestyles and neither of them are morbidly obese. I am just now reaching about the same size as my mom. So I want to prevent that from happening.

BUT my main reason for starting this journey is because of a friend of mine. She was 35 and diagnosed with an advanced stage of melanoma. She fought hard and won her first battle. I watched her struggle with her mortality, what life would be like for her husband and 2 young boys without her and it was painful to watch let alone live. It struck me that I am killing myself AND chose to do so! There she was fighting and struggling with something completely out of her hands and I chose to eat foods that were killing me. Than and there I decided to change. Another friend ordered Nutrisystem to lose 20lbs of vacation weight and I thought no better time than to jump on the band wagon with her, at least we'd have each other for support. She has lost her 20lbs...and looks awesome! I have 58 more lbs to go before I reach my 110lb goal and I KNOW I can do it!!

djay
02-05-2009, 08:27 AM
As unhealthy as I was...the real reason I started loosing weight was pure vanity. I had to buy a size 20 for the first time in my life. I couldn't shop at normal stores and I had zero chance at a man looking my way.

Loosing the weight has changed things considerably!
Now...
I love being off all the meds!
I love beeing able to feel my muscles after excersise.
My mood is stable!
I love what healthy eating does for my skin tone and texture.
I love being able to squat down to pick somthing up and know that I will be able to get back up!
I no longer fear stairs!
Shopping is fun again!

Smiling_Sara
02-05-2009, 08:30 AM
I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

wchs2007
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM
I have s few reasons.. My 3 sons is tops on my list! My goal is to be a healthy active grandmother. I do not have any grand-kids right now. ( hopefully that will be many years down the road)
I also want to feel human again. Being so over weight made me feel like I was not even a woman. Which that is so hard for me to explain.. Just not girly.. kind of like I was not allow to feel that way.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-05-2009, 08:41 AM
I lost the first 30 pounds because I promised my Mom on her deathbed that I wouldn't repeat her mistake by living my life full of fat regrets. Now, one of my biggest motivators is my age. I turn 45 in July and I've decided that I want to be like my Dad. He is 65 and has the stamina and health of a man my age. He rocks! No rocking chair or motorized cart for me. I want to enjoy my senior years.

time2lose
02-05-2009, 08:46 AM
I want to be able to walk. That is the first thing that came to my mind. My mobility was being affected by my weight. I had to ask myself the question, "Is this food worth giving up my mobility?"

Numina
02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
CFMama ---

You have lost 75 pounds since the end of September? That is like ...one two three four ...only four months!!! You are a weight loss wizard!

Congratulations and I can't wait to cheer you across that 299 border!

Why I am losing weight:

In the front of my mind, it is all about buying cool cloths again and not feeling like a freak and being able to hike with my family. But underneath that is a deep streak of fear and the words "heart attack" and "stroke." Sometimes, tapping into that darker, truer thinking helps me stay motivated.

Interesting thread!

LookingForMeAgain
02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Op hit it on the head
TO LIVE!

To live to be able to be a good mommy and be here for my son.

To live a normal life.

To live and be able to do things Ive never done.

To live and not die from weight related diseases that run in my family.

TJFitnessDiva
02-05-2009, 09:42 AM
My main reason is vanity....I want to look good! I'm in love with the mirror now so I can only imagine how I'll be once I hit goal ;)

My other reasons:
~I wanted to play with my kids & not feel like about to die when we are running around the yard
~I want to live a healthy and hopefully long life....I've had great physicals but didn't want to keep tossing the coin with my weight.
~To feel like myself again. I'm normally one of those bubbly annoyingly positive people that can talk to anyone with no problem lol....at my highest weight I got so depressed and I just felt like my world was getting so much smaller. Almost like I was stuck in a box :(
~last but not least....to make my DH drool again! He's very lucky to be married to me ;)

ChocLabLover
02-05-2009, 09:50 AM
I lost the first 30 pounds because I promised my Mom on her deathbed that I wouldn't repeat her mistake by living my life full of fat regrets.

I love this quote! For me, it was for health but there is definately vanity as well. I was beginning not to recoginze myself, and I was becoming a person that I despised. I was afraid to go to public functions because of how I looked, I was afraid to do any kind of activities because of how I looked.

Now, I am starting to love my body and enjoy life. Clothes shopping is fun (addictive as well) and I love being physically active and not constrained by my size.

knobhdy
02-05-2009, 10:38 AM
I have been thin and I have been fat. But this time loosing weight is merely a byproduct to my actual goal:

I want to be fit!!! Athletic, toned.. I want to be buff!

nelie
02-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I want to be an active, healthy person who has a long active life.

Jen415
02-05-2009, 10:55 AM
I want to be free from the fat that imprisons me.

LesliesMom
02-05-2009, 10:56 AM
My number one reason this time is for me. My daughter is RIGHT behind that reason. I have to do this for me so I maintain it, my daughter is just another piece of the commitment puzzle. I want to have a happy active summer THIS year, and I want a happy active life for the rest of my life.

I deserve more from me, everyone I love also deserves more.

Angie

luvja
02-05-2009, 11:00 AM
I want to LOOK better, yes I'm that vain ;)

Bikini Ready
02-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Origionally it was because I was extremely uncomfortable at my high weight and didn't want it to get worse so I decided the fat had to go. Then I got comfortable at about 170 so I maintained for a while even though I wasn't quite at goal. About 2 months ago I figured if I feel good now how will I feel/AND LOOK at goal! So now I guess I would say my motivation is driven by more vain reasons but it's a challenge I can't pass up!

meldogml84
02-05-2009, 11:21 AM
to look hot in a bikini!

daniela
02-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Short and sweet but it speaks volumes!

I am losing weight because I was sick of saying I want to do X, Y, & Z. I LOVE feeling strong, successful, happy, energetic, etc. All this hard work is SO much better then sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself wishing I could do something about it. I'm looking forward to reaching my goal but I am also enjoying every step the journey to get there!

DCHound
02-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I was severely depressed for years and just didn't care. Finally, finally I'm over the depression and, since I finally feel good, I want to look good too. I deserve to look as good as I feel!

JulieJ08
02-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Number one: I'm scared of diabetes. Mom and dad have it, two sisters had gestational diabetes.

lottie63
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
My real dad lost both his legs and went blind before hid kidneys gave out and he died last year.

I never knew him, but this was a serious warning to me and a major moivator. I too had the racing heart issue that another poster mentioned. I hated it, I feel better already. :)

Then of course, I want to fit into my litte red shirt :D

Lyn2007
02-05-2009, 12:11 PM
To not be crippled and in a wheelchair. No joke. At 37 years old I could not even walk across the street to get the mail. My ortho surgeon told me I would be unable to walk at all in very short order because I had severe knee problems and needed total knee replacements. He said I could put that off by losing weight. He was right. I can walk now. I still have to get more pounds off or I'd say I will still be completely crippled within 4-5 years. Not gonna work with 5 children, so off the weight must come.

xchampagnedream
02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Oh my goodness, I have so many.

I think my number one would be, just to feel good about myself and look good.
My whole life I was always overweight, so I never knew what it was like to wear a bikini and have a good time at the beach.

My second reason would be my health, both of my parents have diabeties and I dont want to be like that. I always loved sports, but I was never able to function playing them because of my weight.

thinpossible
02-05-2009, 12:16 PM
I'd like to be able to easily move. To bend over and go up stairs without effort.
And my health. I have no health problems and I'd like to avoid them for as long as possible.

wanna b thin
02-05-2009, 12:30 PM
I want to live to see my grandchildren grow up and feel good enough to run and play and enjoy them. My parents did not, I lost both of them to heart disease, my dad was 53, the same age I am now, mother was only 56. My mother lived her last 16 months in a coma, I don't want to put my kids and grandkids through that.

ladywinter
02-05-2009, 12:38 PM
My number one reason for losing weight is because my father just died and I dont want to. He was only 51. I will be 34 this month...that would only give me 17 more years with my husband and children. Weight contributed to the heart attack that took his life, as well as the diabetes and high blood pressure.

I am sick of hiding behind my weight.

tanyaskees
02-05-2009, 12:44 PM
It maybe vain, but for ONCE I would like to be a guys first choice. Or to feel confident that the man I'm with is happy and not have people look at us and think why is he with HER? That is my main goal....then of course health. lol

[QUOTE=RomanceDiva;2596456]My main reason is vanity....I want to look good! I'm in love with the mirror now so I can only imagine how I'll be once I hit goal ;)

WOW, what a great threrad. Girls, I am with you, I want to look good....I know...very shallow of me. I was down to 140 pounds, so I know what it feels like to be thin for the first time in my life....I want to feel that again. Walk down the street with my head held high. Love the feeling of turning heads when I wank into a room.

ronica62
02-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Well I have a few reasons:

1. To be able to shop for clothes in a regular clothing store instead of a "big girl" store
2. To be able to step into a room without wondering if I'm the fattest girl there
3. To know what it feels like to not have my thighs rub together when I walk :lol:
4. To look good in my wedding dress!!
5. To prove to myself and those who doubted me that I can do it!!! :D

H8cake
02-05-2009, 01:34 PM
I started losing weight because of health reasons, diabetes and heart disease in my family. Those reasons are still my main motivator, but now the mental/ emotional reasons are a big part of it too. I had no self confidence. I wanted to just hide, I hated going anywhere or seeing anyone. As I lose the weight I'm learning to deal with all the insecurities instead of hiding from them. I want to feel comfortable on the inside and with the outside and this journey is getting me there.

Luvbean
02-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Because I have the most amazing 14 month old son, that is my everything. It took years to be blessed by a child and I want to be there for many years following. I want him to have the cool mom, the one that runs, plays, swims, and bikes with him. I don't feel like a cool mom, but I am on my way!

Sebastian and I, a few weeks ago....

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q279/Luvbean25/gasparilla09a.jpg

Cruebratt
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
I want to feel better about myself. I want to LIKE the way I look in pictures.

Smiling_Sara
02-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Short and sweet but it speaks volumes!

I am losing weight because I was sick of saying I want to do X, Y, & Z. I LOVE feeling strong, successful, happy, energetic, etc. All this hard work is SO much better then sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself wishing I could do something about it. I'm looking forward to reaching my goal but I am also enjoying every step the journey to get there!

yeah! someone caught it. :)

It's so true. At my "known highest" weight I was tired allll the time. I even had the mindset of well, if I'm sleeping at least I won't be eating. How terrible to have that kind of attitude! At night, at least 3 times a week I'd be woken up by terrible gurd ( acid reflex ) I even kept mints at the night stand. My allergies were worse where I woke up several times a night not being able to breath clearly. I wanted to excersize, but moving was so hard. I can't even begin to explain the differences I see in mobility since I've lost some of the weight.

foxxy511
02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
So I'm not the fattest one of my friends and family anymore. I'm sick of being the "fat friend." I got sick of feeling guilty and full of shame because I couldn't control my eating habits. I was sick of being lazy and tired all the time.

I'm losing the weight so I'm not afraid of any new thing. I want to go spelunking with my Dad and do the Bungee Jump thing at Kings Island with my best friend this summer. I'm taking a trip to Vegas in May and I am so freaking excited because it's the first time my friends from college will see me since I started losing weight. I am so freaking excited to live and take this vacation as an average-sized person!

SnowboundChick
02-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Mine is that I want to live. My dad had a triple bypass 3 years ago and that was when I started before I got pregnant. Now I have 3 beautiful sons that I want to be so much a part of their lives, I too want to be the cool mom who does things with them. I miss camping and hiking and doing other traditional lifeskills like berry picking (I did it this fall and it was so hard). I dont' want to be the shy and hesitant mom who doesn't put her children first. I also want to feel good. I remember when I got down to 265 in April of 2006, I was doing daily pilates, walking and things like tae-bo, I felt so good and I want that back. Plus it was a huge plus in the bedroom!;)

rodeogirl
02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
I guess my biggest motivation is I'm tired of weight being a factor in so many things I want to do. I want to be able to go to a theme park, go on an airplane, rock climb, ride a horse, go white water rafting without having to wonder and/or worry if my weight will thwart my plans or interfere with my fun.

irishsarah
02-05-2009, 03:40 PM
My number one reason is to live.

I don't know if I've shared this but I have a VERY rare combination of blood clotting disorders. I have Anti phospholipid antibody syndrome COMBINED with Protein S deficiency and Protein C deficiency. AAS is rare on it's own (1 in 300,000 people) but combine it? It's almost unheard of (apparently I am the ONE AND ONLY case in Canada they know about) and it's a chance of 1 in 10,000,000. I won the genetic lottery some might say.

What does this mean? Well it sucks for fertility. I had to be on twice daily injectable blood thinners for the nine months of pregnancy. But more importantly it means I have a high risk of dying of stroke related issues. Blood clotting issues. At an early age IF my weight remains high. The risk climbs and climbs with every extra pound (or cheeseburger if you will!)

So for me? Losing weight is about being able to live a long and healthy life. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You?

While this isn't my reason...I just want to hug you. I too have almost the exact same blood clotting problems and had to be on Lovenox and then Heprin while pregnant. I do NOT miss those shots AT ALL. They only discovered my problems after a late miscarriage at 18 weeks. :(

I am struggling right now with so much that my reasons for wanting to loose weight are a little cloudy right now. I know I need to focus more on ME to be a better mother and wife. I have let myself go too much. My health is poor and my spirit is squashed. I wouldn't let that happen to my boys, so why did I let it happen to me?

:dizzy:

LuvMyMr
02-05-2009, 03:45 PM
This may sound corny or like a clique' but I want to love myself again. I am very proud of my accomplishments so far (working out every day, eating right, no more junk food, etc) but even with my diligence, I am not going to lose ten pounds a week! lol I really want to be 250 so bad! There are many on here that started as that or that even started below that but I would love to be there now. I have done so many crazy things in the past to try to lose weight including binging and purging, taking (abusing really) laxatives and eating very little calories a day. Even if I ended up sick or in pain, it was still worth it because the scale moved to the left. I remember being so used to hunger pangs it didn't even both me anymore. Starving myself had become a way of life. Now the weight is back because I was in a bad relationship and I had nothing or nobody to comfort me except food and you know french fries and donuts are a **** of a companion! Never cheated on me, never left me, was always waiting with open arms when I came crying to the kitchen. It stayed up late with me at the dining room table and was always ready and willing. I have found better ways to deal with any stress I have but I still do have the weight and it's coming off, slowly but surely and it's my intention to make sure it never comes back. I look at my waist getting slimmer but it's not slim. I see my arms getting smaller but they are not small. I just want to look in the mirror with no shame or no head turning, look at my body and smile and be proud of what I see. I want to be infatuated, enthralled, enchanted and in love with me. :love:

onestar
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
1. to be happy with myself. b4 i started this i was soooo depressed, didn't want to go out of the house cause i didnt have any clothes that fit me, and didnt care how i looked. i want to be comfortable in my own skin, and right now i am not. :dance:

2. to set a good example for my daughter. i don't want her to be overweight and unhealthy. i want to teach her good habits. :bb:

3. i want to look good. no guys even look at me. i have a boyfriend, but who doesn't like the attention? ;)

4. i want to be able to wear cute/pretty clothes. all the big clothes that i have seen (nad owned) are ugly and outdated. :barf:

5. so i can say that i accomplished something. i had a habit of starting things and not finishing them, but this time is different. i know. i have that feeling that this is my time. :bravo:

iminhere
02-05-2009, 09:49 PM
cuz I is fat....:dunno:

;)

hautbois
02-06-2009, 07:12 PM
cuz I is fat....:dunno:

Perfect answer! I love it. :D

For me, I don't want my fat to influence my decisions and choices or hold me back from having an active life with my family.

And I'm tired of the frumpy clothes in the plus-size department. I want to be a hot mama.

Missy09
02-06-2009, 08:30 PM
My reasoning is so that I can improve the quality and hopefully quantity of my life. In addition to that I have three young nieces and a nephew and I want to be able to run and play with them as well as the children I hope to have in the future. I also hope that it will help to boost my confidence.

LookingForMeAgain
02-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Aside from health and living life to the fullest as I mentioned.
Id also like to just ONCE in my life be able to go in a "normal" store to shop! never ever have I not been plus size...EVER!

Lucky87
02-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I agree with the one girl on here. I know it sounds a little narcissistic, but my boyfriend is at a healthy weight and I'm far from it and I always think people are thinking why is he with her, or they don't look right together. I know it stupid to care what people think, I also want to be able to shop in whatever store I want to to and find something that fits! Plus I want to run with out getting winded and be more active. I guess that's more than one, but there are so many reasons.

LadyHeather
02-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I want to live to see my children grow.

Nori71
02-07-2009, 06:07 PM
To be able to live life to it's fullest...not be limited by my body in doing things I want and should be able to do. Although I've never lived in an actual prison, I know what it is like to be a prisoner.

And of course see my grand-children!

Bee20nine
02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
My #1 reason for losing the weight:

to have the woman on the outside match the woman on the inside.

I don't want to seem self centered, but I have a great personality and the outside does not match my inside person.

#2 reason: My family is a bunch of walking coffins medically and if I don't learn how to properly take care of myself now I definitely will not live long.

evillynn33
02-07-2009, 11:55 PM
I'm tired of everything hurting. (back,hips,legs):cry:

redreine
02-08-2009, 01:40 AM
I know all of the reasons I should be offering up for needing to be healthy, but none of those are the real reasons why I want to lose the weight.

I want to know that I have the option of any man in the room. I want to know that people aren't calling me fat behind my back. I want to be able to walk into any store, see something cute, and buy it. I want to be the prettiest girl in the room, no contest. I want to look at pictures of myself without wanting to vomit. I want to be thin for vain reasons, yes. However I don't see this as a bad thing.

You see, it will be a bit before I notice any significant changes in my health, as I am so severely overweight...so having better health isn't what's right in front of me. Getting down to a size in pants that I wish to be it, well that is.

HVEECK
02-08-2009, 04:09 AM
there are so many reasons, it involves every aspect of my life, but my first reason is health. I want to be able to live to a ripe old age and enjoy my golden years, and watch my kids grow and have children of their own. Of course, I want to feel "normal", comfortable, and more confident also. So many reasons......

haleysmommy5402
02-08-2009, 12:56 PM
I want my children to have a healthy mom that can run around and play w/ them rather then sit and watch them!! .. i want DH and i to look like the number 11 rather then the number 10 :)

Nayex
02-08-2009, 04:17 PM
i want to love myself... for the first time in my life. i want to be able to be proud of myself, instead of struggling with the shame of being obese.

of course, there are tons of reasons. but i truly want to love myself. right now, i hate eerything about myself. because i think im a failure as a human being.

shrinking me
02-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I am 47 238 and it is time to get back to the thin me my kids grew up with. I keep seeing my self thin at their weddings and at the births of grandkids. It is time to let it go. Victoria

debnboyz
02-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I want to live. I feel like I've hid for so long. There so much more to life.

Plus I have two other reasons:

Nate and Ben my two lovely sons who deserve a mommy who has energy to play and run and have FUN with!

jay41
02-09-2009, 09:48 AM
My number 1 reason is that I'm tired of considering my weight in everything I do. I hate having to think if I'm going to break that chair, fit in that seat, be seen doing something that would make me look silly -- like slide in the water park.

I want to be free!!!

MugCanDoIt
02-09-2009, 11:26 AM
selfish reasons:
I want to be the hot one again, I want to buy stylish clothes and be able to wear high heals & other cute shoes. And being able to do other unmentionables that come along with having a *ex life and being married, if you get my drift.

health reasons:
diabetes, sleep apnea, heart palpitations, chest pain, can barely fit in a plane seat, etc........tired of being depressed and always outside looking in.

WormwoodDoll
02-09-2009, 12:05 PM
My main reason is to have children. I don't want to risk having a child while over weight and I don't want to pass on terrible habits while they're young. I need to be healthy, not just for myself.

And for other reasons I want to look and feel good. I want to be happy in my own skin.

lindalou0510
02-09-2009, 12:56 PM
My number 1 reason is that I'm tired of considering my weight in everything I do. I hate having to think if I'm going to break that chair, fit in that seat, be seen doing something that would make me look silly -- like slide in the water park.

I want to be free!!!

OMG I couldn't have said that any better.

My main reason is health, of course. But I am also just sick and tired of my weight being a factor in EVERY aspect of my life! Thin people don't worry about fitting in a restaurant booth, fitting in a chair with arms, getting up off the couch, sitting on the floor and needing a crane to get up...

All that stuff. I just got sick and tired of being sick and tired!

sprigs
02-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Wow, this is a great thread. I felt like
I could hit quote on almost every single one.
That's me... that's me... that's me!

I'm 55 and have been 100 pounds overweight since I was 6. Ok, maybe not quite that early but almost. One time I got down to size 12, met my husband and shot right back up. I will never forget how good it felt to wear cute clothes, feel good about myself and have so much energy. I want that again, for the rest of my life. So far, I haven't had health problems... how, I don't know. But I know I'm pushing the envelope every single day.

So, my reason is I want to enjoy the rest of my life... grow old active, healthy and bouncing off the walls with energy.

Candi23
02-09-2009, 01:39 PM
I have never worried about my weight before. What it was, was what it was. I went to the doctor recently for a cold. They made me get on that crazy piece of equipment that has a way of making you feel horrible, I think they call it a scale!!!! I broke doen in tears. I weighed more than I had weighed pregnant with either of my children. I decided then and there, SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!! So.... Here I am.

Numina
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm losing the weight so I'm not afraid of any new thing. I want to go spelunking with my Dad and do the Bungee Jump thing at Kings Island with my best friend this summer. I'm taking a trip to Vegas in May and I am so freaking excited because it's the first time my friends from college will see me since I started losing weight. I am so freaking excited to live and take this vacation as an average-sized person!

I love this post! In particular, I love this attitude, this fearlessness. Infect me with this, please!

And I can't wait to hear about your trip to Vegas --- you are going to WOW them!