Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Smile Any green tea drinkers?

I have just recently discovered that I enjoy green tea I have about 2 cups a day. I hear this stuff is really good for you, and actually helps you drop the lbs? Any truth to that? I'm giving up coffee for green tea, because in my coffee I have to have cream, I don't like it without it. In green tea all I need is a sweetner and I'm good to go.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'7

I don't know if it has any benefits, but I drink Diet Lipton Green Tea. I feel like it cleanses me. Be careful because it does have caffeine in it, the lipton does I mean. I drink the litre bottles throughout the day and let me tell you I get hyper
WVUFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #3  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

I LOVE hot tea! And I have also heard it iss really good for you... what the health benefits are, I don't know specifically. But I just like drinking it!
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #4  
I'm curious.

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/145

Height: 5'3

I drink a wonderful Mango Green Tea from Teavana (my favorite tea store). Here are the benefits listed on the Teavana website:

Health Benefits of Green Tea: Green tea is very high in antioxidants that boost the immune system and may help to reduce the risk of cancer (polyphenols), particularly lung, colon and skin cancers. Green tea also contains EGCG complex, which is very good for metabolism. In addition, green tea helps to regulate your blood sugar, resist cavities and gingivitis, and it is good for your skin.
LizzieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/170

Height: 5 4"

love the stuff. i brew it for iced tea, hot tea, coffee replacement...whatever. i just picked up some honey, lemon, ginseng green tea. it is great to sip on if you are having snack cravings.
katiecron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

I too drink the diet lipton citrus green tea. I LOVE it. I don't drink cokes or coffee anymore so it gives me the caffiene that I need to get through the day and its a lot easier for me to drink than plain water.
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I drink a lot of Bigelow green tea--it's nummy to cleanse the pallate after sweet things ^-^ I've found that if I replace my diet sodas with green tea, I don't get that weird empty feeling from a faux-sugar-crash throughout the day. And thanks to LizzieBee, I now have a long list of reasons to go buy more. Yay!
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

I drink the starbucks Tazo Zen flavored green tea. It has spearmint and lemongrass in it and the flavor is a bit more appealing than regular green tea. I have also heard it can speed up your metabolism but who knows if that is true.

I just like it because I can drink it without cream or sugar and it actually makes me way more alert than coffee. I also find coffee hard on my stomach after a few cups.
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #9  
【☆ Chloe ☆】

S/C/G: 205.5/179/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I LOVE TEA! Basically any tea and of course i love green tea...and i never preferred coffee over tea (maybe cos im so used to eating in chinese restaurants esp back in the philippines) ... i always get the celestial seasonings and i never put any cream nor sweetener in my teas =x dont like the taste of it.

anyway with the benefits of green tea...there are a few studies that proves it can help in weight loss. i remember i read before...a study in japan was made with this...they had 2 sets of males..similar weights and waistlines. one drinks oolong tea and the other green tea...**note: they ate similar meals everyday** and after 3 months i think ...the group who drank green tea lost more pounds...decreased BMI incredibly and even their LDL levels decreased than the group who drank oolong tea. cos eventhough oolong and green tea are from the same plant...the green tea isnt as fermented as the oolong and green tea has catechins that is said to may have an affect in body fat accumulation and cholesterol.
PiXiEgAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #10  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Green tea is amazing. It's very high in antioxidants and it has been shown to raise metabolism.

However, I would urge caution for those drinking the bottled 'diet' teas. They really don't have that much real tea, most of it is flavoring, fake sugars, colorings, and potassium sorbates/citric acids. You're not going to get the benefits of drinking real tea.

A good alternative is to brew some real green tea, steep it for a bit longer than usual, and then pour it over a pitcher full of ice. You can add splenda as well.
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Bigelow Green tea during the day, Caffeine-free Tetley Green Tea at night!
*both being the tea bag type without anything added*

It's part of my daily rituals. It is excellent for you and it does a great job of getting rid of any annoying cravings. And a good change from straight water.

Last edited by prepping; 02-04-2009 at 12:45 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 11st/-/9st

i cant stand green tea, i know its supposed to be great for you but i cant drink it. I do drink black tea, normal builders tea (with loads of sugar and milk so not too diet friendly) but masala chai is perfect without any milk or sugar.

Last edited by Umberto; 02-04-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Umberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

i'm a green tea drinker, and i love it. It is usually advertised as having ecgc (or some acronym inolving those letters lol) that is supposed to boost the metabloism. I dont know about that but i do know it is full of antioxidents adn it is was healthier than coffee and soft drinks. plus it has no calories.. so i think its great for losing weight even without the metabolic boost.
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/170

Height: 5 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon safari View Post
Green tea is amazing. It's very high in antioxidants and it has been shown to raise metabolism.

However, I would urge caution for those drinking the bottled 'diet' teas. They really don't have that much real tea, most of it is flavoring, fake sugars, colorings, and potassium sorbates/citric acids. You're not going to get the benefits of drinking real tea.

A good alternative is to brew some real green tea, steep it for a bit longer than usual, and then pour it over a pitcher full of ice. You can add splenda as well.
100% agreed. that bottled tea scares me

ALSO COOPER, they sell that same tea in many groc. stores. ...in case you don't want to shell out the bucks to starbucks. in fact, i picked up that very flavor of that very brand today.
clearly i am a tea freak

Last edited by katiecron; 02-04-2009 at 05:15 PM.
katiecron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

Yes, I LOVE green tea! Any tea actually. I have never been a coffee drinker, but have been addicted to iced tea.

I also LOVVEEEEE Tazo Zen tea and just recently tried Tazo Om, which is green and black teas mixed with natural peach and cucumber flavor. It's pretty good!

I've also heard that it helps with weight loss, but haven't noticed that myself because I'm dieting and losing anyway.
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote