Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'8

Default Too upset to go to the gym

So I went to Panera Bread with my best friend Adam today and he brought a guy named Mark who I am not really friends with. Me and Adam started talking about my progress for losing weight because he is a personal trainer. I told him I was doing a workout video this morning and how it really gets my heart rate up because I'm basically jumping around everywhere. Then, Mark says "I'm surprised a floor can stand that kind of weight jumping on it". I couldn't believe he said that..... Adam and I just stared at him. I kind of got teary and picked up my stuff and walked out.

I think I have made a ton of progress and to hear an ignorant comment like that just ruined it for me. I know I shouldn't let something like that hurt me but it really did. I was going to go to the gym after that but I didn't even want to be seen in public, now I just feel disgusted with myself.

It will blow over, but it just feels like high school all over again where the fat jokes just rip me apart.
skirsten1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #2  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

That's just f*cked up. I guess there's a reason you're not really friends with that guy.

Do you know if your friend said anything to him after you left? I'd hope so. He needs to know that comments like that are just immature and not cool.

That kind of joke is straight out of middle school. That guy needs to grow up.
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominodreams View Post
That's just f*cked up. I guess there's a reason you're not really friends with that guy.

Do you know if your friend said anything to him after you left? I'd hope so. He needs to know that comments like that are just immature and not cool.

That kind of joke is straight out of middle school. That guy needs to grow up.
I know, I couldn't believe someone could be so ignorant, especially someone who is 25 years old.

My friend Adam texted me and told me that he did say something to him, because it pissed him off too...and then he just left.

It just sucks to hear that stuff, I was so excited about my progress and he completely ruined it!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #4  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

Seriously, that's awful. I would definitely avoid him in the future. What a waste of... what a ridiculous person. I'm sorry he hurt your feelings - you had a much nicer reaction than I might have. Be proud of yourself for remaining calm in the face of idiocy.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

Dont let one person get to you like that. I know its hard when people make stupid comments but its their ignorance! You know you have done an awsome job losing weight and thats all that matters!
It's people like that who are not comfortable with themselves so they have to pick on someone elese.
I think he's just jealous!!!!
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #6  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

the best way to deal with that kind of situation is to hit right back with a one liner of your own. getting upset and walking out will do nothing for your confidence and do nothing to stop him saying things like that in future
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

Wow! What a loser, i cannot believ he said that. Well actually yes i can, because some people are just idiots, and he definatly qualifies.

Anyways.. is that you in your user pic? Because if so.. you look great!! and this guy is blind.. your doing wonderful in your weight loss.. your bmi is very close to a healthy one, and i dont think you should let any immature comments get you down. I know it hurts, because ive been there. But that guy doesnt even matter. No normal person who is worht being around is going to judge you for tryin to better yourself. Everyone else at the gym is doing the same thing. You shouldnt feel the need to hide, and you shouldnt.

After all the world needs beautiful people like you to decorate it!
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

What a jerk- I would have asked him how he got through the door of the restaurant with such a fat head.

Course then I'd have spilled my drink on him THEN walked out

If that's you in your avvie girl you look GOOD- screw him!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #9  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

that doesnt even make sense because you arent even heavy. he was probably trying to joke and totally failed. anyway, he is an idiot. dont let him get to you. and definitely dont let him prevent you from working out!! working out is the best way to get rid of aggression!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I've gotten into the habit of pointing it out when people say something that offends me. He probably thought nothing of it and I bet he would've been embarrassed if he had been made to understand that what he said was totally disrespectful. What a d-bag. I'm so sorry he said that to you, but good for your friend for speaking up!!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #11  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Also, I would go to the gym. I was really upset about something yesterday and used the gym as a tool to release all the bad feelings. It worked pretty well

Also, if you don't go to the gym because of the stupidity of someone else, then you are letting them win. Don't give him that power!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aware210 View Post
Wow! What a loser, i cannot believ he said that. Well actually yes i can, because some people are just idiots, and he definatly qualifies.

Anyways.. is that you in your user pic? Because if so.. you look great!! and this guy is blind.. your doing wonderful in your weight loss.. your bmi is very close to a healthy one, and i dont think you should let any immature comments get you down. I know it hurts, because ive been there. But that guy doesnt even matter. No normal person who is worht being around is going to judge you for tryin to better yourself. Everyone else at the gym is doing the same thing. You shouldnt feel the need to hide, and you shouldnt.

After all the world needs beautiful people like you to decorate it!

Thanks for the comment! =]

And yeah thats me in the picture, thanks again lol.

I know I shouldn't let it get to me but man at the time it did...I would have loved nothing more than to just hit him.

I guess I will reconsider and hit the gym after work. There is no better revenge than losing all of this weight and in a couple months flaunt it in front of him!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Also, I would go to the gym. I was really upset about something yesterday and used the gym as a tool to release all the bad feelings. It worked pretty well

Also, if you don't go to the gym because of the stupidity of someone else, then you are letting them win. Don't give him that power!
That's very true. It's much better than sitting around and feeling bad. I will set all feelings aside and keep on doing what I was doing.

Thanks! =]
Old 02-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
What a jerk- I would have asked him how he got through the door of the restaurant with such a fat head.

Course then I'd have spilled my drink on him THEN walked out

If that's you in your avvie girl you look GOOD- screw him!
Haha believe me that thought did cross my mind to spill my DIET coke all over him lol.

And thanks!

Ohhh you guys made my day lol.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

I will second that you look bloody amazing in your profile pic.......wtf is this guy on? Is it possible he was being sarcastic? I have a sarcastic sense of humor and that was my immediate reaction when I read that since honestly, there is no way someone could make that comment about the way you look in all seriousness. If he being serious, then he is an idiot and you look awesome so don't listen to him.
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote