South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:03 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Wintry Wednesday!

Good morning! Pull up a chair, grab a cup of java!

The storm is suppose to pass through today, we already have a couple fresh inches of snow overnight. I'm grateful it warmed up just a little before the snow hit! I just pray travel to work will not be horrendous!

I have my weekly visitor over. He really didn't talk with me much last night. Came in here to the office and played on the puter all night! At least he gets to wash his clothes now that I have running water!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 01-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. We have a bit of snow but are expecting 6 to 10 inches by noon. I am off to a bloodwork appointment this morning but will be home well before it starts. We're supposed to be hit by noon so it'll definitely be an "at home" afternoon!

Stay safe and warm.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Wow, it's a bit wicked out there this morning...sleeting on top of snow. Snow cancelled for DS, DD's daycare is still open.

Lori -HA! My 5 yo is already like that...only wants to play computer games. A gamer at 5 yo....what am I in for??!

Ruth - hope all the bloodwork is normal! Drive safe and enjoy the beauty!

me - well, I have only one appt at work today, and I won't be surprised if that one cancels...I wouldn't drive thru this!

My doctor's appt yesterday was....well, good and funny. Good - he said, "you don't need to lose more weight. You're not going to are you? Don't lose any more!". YAHOO! Helps I had baggy pants on yesterday . The funny part was he walked in, looked at me and said, "do I know you?"...he's one of my clients !!! :O. Thank goodness I wasn't getting the "peek-a-boo" exam (as my boss calls it!)....I don't think I could've done it!!

I'm supposed to finally get my haircut today, otherwise no plans. Hopefully, finally get on the treadmill again!

Have a good day chicks!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Apparently lots of white stuff in several forms on its way here today. Everything is closed up tight and I'm staying home to work. I'm already very tired of playing the driving guessing game - how long can I stay and still make the drive home in one piece.

Lori - Hope your visitor is exchanging chores for laundry & computer privileges!

Ruth - Must be the week for blood work. They got 7 tubes from me on Monday! Have a safe drive and a relaxing afternoon.

Twynn - Small towns are so odd. My gyn's husband was on our board and I've been to their house. It's just weird! I feel your pain with that darned treadmill. Takes me twice as long to work up the energy to get on it as I stay on it!

Heather - Enjoy that whale watch! I really love going out on boats and looking for critters

Well the bike finally arrived yesterday when no one was home. Now we have to wrestle it upstairs and put it together. The timing is perfect though - I have a spinning DVD arriving from Netfilx today. Sounds like a good way to spend a snow day
Old 01-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ruth - Is this a Gaslight thing??!! I am not hallucinating puppy pics.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:27 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Cindy! Now I'll post it in here for everyone. (I was messing around with resizing.)

This is a picture Marco the Trainer took of my Disney who is relaxing in her favourite position. Those are really her eyelashes, not fur.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning ladies! Well I am all dressed up and no where to go. We really got hit last night and it is still coming down. Due to move out by noon though. I'm not real sure why I actually got ready for work, I guess just so I don't feel lazy about calling in. Right now I don't have much of a choice as they have issued a "code red" in our county. No need getting arrested!

I would love to get out on foot and play with the camera later.

Have a great and safe day chicks!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/169/140

Height: 5'4

Holy Moly Snowy Ladies!!

Cyn- glad that bike drama is over!

Ruth- what a cutie! What is she?

Stephanie- Man it sounds serious there!

Me: DS came down with the virus going around on Mon. he still seems a little warm so I'll be keeping him home today. Today was supposed to be a busy day but looks like I've have to cancel. I was supposed to workout, go to bible study and do their childcare, go to lunch, mtg. at the school, and church tonight. I need to potty and weigh in.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks... looks like we are going to get the storm as well, I don't think till later this afternoon. Of course it is wed which is my dance class night, we always seem to have bad weather. GRRR.

Other than the weather not much is going on, with the exception of cranky wee ones today must be the weather. Well I will try to pop back in during quiet time if i can get them all down at the same time. Take care chicks and stay off the roads if you can.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

The snow you all are getting is rain in the south. It's about 50* right now. It will be 38* by 3:00 and 27* tomorrow morning. It was 70* and beautiful yesterday. We're all going to get sick! After yesterday, I bet I have a heck of a time convincing Auston to put on his coat this morning.

Twynn -- Auston's (age 5) favorite website is called starfall.com. It's a beginner reading site, but it's more like a game with stories and puzzles. Your 5 year old may like it, too.

I'm going to try my hand at making split pea soup for lunch today. I've never made it before. You guys made it sound good. Any suggestions?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #11  

Good morning ladies...I have been lurking more that writing the last couple of weeks. I think when I eat carbs I feel guilty and I feel like I don't want to spew calories on you ladies. Well today is 2 weeks my Harpo has been gone and on Saturday I had to go pick up his ashes (not my choice,my son wanted in individual cremeation so we could have him at home) the place actually did a great job and he is in a beautiful wooden box with a certificate, a card, and they made a donation to help families who can't afford treatment for their pets. The school I work at is closed today but my home district is open but I let my daughter sleep in. She wasn't feeling well anyway but has missed so much school this year....I hope you ladies all have a wonderful day and forgive me my sin of carbs....Iam tired of winter and snow and can't wait to see something colorful grow!!! I did notice driving home from work yesterday that it was past 5 and not yet dark so that is an early sign of come changing.....catch you all later..... - Suzyq
Old 01-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #12  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!!! Happy Wednesday (even if most of you are snowed in)!!!

Unfortunately I don't have time to do personal this morning, I've got to get dinner in the crockpot, but I still wanted to stop by to say hi.

So yesterday's whale watching expedition was a bust. Apparently there was mis-communication with the boat and the teacher who organized the trip. They never intended for us to go out far enough to see whales, it was simply an educational tour on a boat. It was, however, a gorgeous day, and the kids had a great time, so I'm really not in any position to complain. I also decided that for the senior trip we're going to take the boat out w/ all my 12th graders on it and enjoy a day on the seas. Which will be really nice.

Tonight is all about LOST, so I can't wait!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!!! BLESSINGS!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! It is a bit chilly here, but not cold. No precipitation, either. I've got it made!

Lori: I hope you're careful getting to work...I'm surprised you don't have a late start if it's that bad. Have a nice day!

Ruth: Disney is such a cutey! How did things go with the trainer yesterday? Hope you're all bundled up next to the wood stove by lunchtime!

Twynn: What a great doc's appt. And you were all worried that the scale! I hope you have a nice day.

Cyndi: Yeah! The bike finally got there! I hope you get a great first workout on it. How is DP's job going? Is she liking it?

Pacer: Well, now you can relax all day and look wonderful doing it! I hope you get out with the camera...you'll have to post some of the pics if you do.

Ellie: I hope DS gets better soon. Enjoy your day at home.

LC: What a bummer that the weather will be bad for dance class. I hope that the kiddos are less cranky as the day wears on.

Chelby: I haven't ventured into the split pea soup realm yet. DH HATES peas, so I'll have to wait until he goes out of town to try it. Or maybe I should make some so he'll leave and give me some alone time at the house... I hope DS went out with his jacket on.

sstambler: Don't worry about the extra carbs...just get back on track, which I'm sure you already have. And if it ever happens again, please come see us! Maybe we can offer some support!

hmac: What a bummer that the whale watching was a bust, but it's great that everyone had a good time in spite of it. I hope you have a nice day!

Me: Not much going on here. I watched 27 Dresses last night and I really liked it, but it's not one I'll be buying. There are some portions of it that were just unbelievable...and made a few of the characters look like scum that didn't deserve the happy ending they got. Okay, maybe I didn't like it that much! Lol!

DH and I are sitting down to work on the budget tonight. Fun, fun. His mom is engaged and we'd love to give her a big check for a wedding present, so we're moving some things around to take care of that. We're also going to sit down and come up with a list of questions for his recruiters. He'll be calling them tomorrow and maybe setting up appointments on Saturday. I keep telling myself I'm ready for this, but it's getting a bit scary!!

Well, off to work as usual! I hope everyone to come has a great day!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Ladies, we are snowed in today a bit- got ice on top of the snow

Lori: I hope you're careful getting to work. Have a nice day!

Ruth: Disney is so CUTE! DD2 would love her.

Twynn: That is why I do not go to local doctors hehe

Cyndi: Glad to hear the bike finally came in. Yeah!!

Pacer: Hope you are able to get out later and take some great pictures.

Ellie: I hope DS gets better soon. Enjoy your day at home.

LC: That stinks about your dance class always getting the bad weather days.

Chelby: I have a 5 year old I am going to have to let her go to that site I am sure she would love as they are reading in Kindergarden.

sstambler: It helps to post gets you more motivated to stay on track. None of us are perfect.

hmac: Sorry you didn't get to see the whales but atleast you enjoyed the day.

Kim- Hope you are able to make the budget work so you can give MIL a nice wedding present.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Well I know why I got ready this morning, boss called and said he would come get me, how do you tell your boss no to that? So here I sit at work. Oh well the snow has stopped and the sun is out, I actually see pavement so that is a good sign! So much for getting out with the camera before the snow got all dirty though.

DH has spent all morning digging us out and is cranky as all get out, I think I am glad I am at work. MEN!

Hope those of you in the middle of this are doing well, have no fear it will be over soon.
Closed Thread