Old 01-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273

Default woo hoo!!!!

Long story short...I have been looking into WLS...the lap band...I have not made up my mind yet but while I work that out I have to see a nutritionist and loose 27lbs. Sooo I have been just basicly eating less than normal...but very healthy and taking the steps extra times..just kind of basically trying to move more ..no real exersize plan yet...and.......DRUM roll

I do believe I am going to cut one of my meds back as my sugar keeps droping to low...never happend before...yippy and I just noticed...my hips don't hurt...usually getting up from my computer chair is murder...I have no pain for at least a week and didn't even notice!!

just had to share!

Z

Last edited by epiphany4z; 01-26-2009 at 04:32 PM.
epiphany4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations . . .

By the way . . . have a look at the article in this post . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158743 . . . although lapband is fine for weightloss advantages, you might want to discuss Gastric Bypass with your doctor. Although it is a bit more invasive, the latest medical information would seem to say it has definite benefits for a Diabetic. If I were younger, I'd definitely be looking into it.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #3  

I have been reading like a mad woman...I have a choice between RNY surgery and the band. I am thinking I will go with the band. I am great at eating healthy and usually loose faster than most...its just sometimes life mowes me over and I go off what I call my food rocker....and each time I do it I gain more than before and my health gets worse...I am thinking I just need a little somtin somtin to bump me forward when I fall off.

I just don't like the idea of the absorption problems with the RNY ...for me anyway. For those that need it and can deal with it great...I firmly believe if it works for you that is what you should do....I will confess this is hard decision...way harder than I thought it would be..I have changed my mind like 3x....but thats fine as I still have like 5 months with the nutritionist and other stuff before I will even be able to say ok ...let roll...or not.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . . Z . . . have you reviewed all the great information in our WLS forum yet???

Another cold but sunny day here, but definitely warmer than yesterday and I fear that the long term forecast of more snow by Thursday is likely going to prove to be true.

Here's a little article that landed in my e:mail today that I thought you might like to see. It is so true. None of us can be perfect all the time, we just have to do the best we can . . .

Someone once said that the best way to deal with a temptation is to yield to it! Staying on a diet forever is extremely hard, so the first step is to recognize that at some point you will give into temptation. It's natural, normal, and even inevitable. You can manage your splurges if you accept that reality and don't feel guilty about it.

To maintain a healthy eating plan with occasional indulgences, try practicing the 3-to-1 rule: Each time you have a food splurge, follow it with 3 equal units of time in which you eat a more sensible, predictable diet. The time period in question can vary. It could be a single meal, a day, even a weekend. For example, if you eat voraciously for a day, eat conservatively for the following three days. Remember, good diabetes control is a game of averages, not a game of perfection!

Have a great evening . . .

Last edited by meowee; 01-27-2009 at 04:05 PM.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #5  

Hi Mowee,

I hear ya on the cold...its like the north pole here in ohio...i keep expecting to see a penguin walk bye. I actually got my butt out in that deep freeze for a walk today...I needed it ...was getting cabin fever.

Thanks for the article.

So far so good for me I am finding new things to take the place of old favorites...and added a piece of toast to my breakfast this am...my sugar was pretty good all day.

Probably should have skipped the second pork chop today...but I am still at the calorie range I want to keep...lesson?...do not make enough chops for me to have seconds...lol..dam my good cooking!!

Z
Old 01-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #6  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Glad to hear the good news.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote