South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:03 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Monday's Chick chat

Good morning. It's been a cold winter! So cold I've had frozen pipes more than running water! This time around it's been two days so far, might have to call the fix it man to do something about it! I have running water in the kitchen so I have been carrying buckets for bath water, and I have clean clothes, but will need to do laundry in a day or so. hhmmmm....

Other than that, back to work for those of us who work a beloved Mon thru Fri schedule! The one day I look forward to simply because Ann seems to leave me alone while I do payroll! .

I felt bad yesterday. I went to visit my brother and sister, and while my ds and I went to see db she wanted me to bring Cody for her family to get to know. If I have this surgery her husband wanted to make sure Cody would be ok in their house and family environment. After all, Jade can not stand him! (which I find hilarious!) They didn't want to let me take cody back. This is the first time EVER that I've left Jade behind and taken Cody. I hate letting the pups think I am favoring one over the other (even though I do tend to favor Jade, perhaps its because Cody is such a puppy, always jumping up on me and Jade?!) I have to talk with the vet. Cody doesn't care for car rides, and this time he threw up by the time I got to my sister's. On the way home I made a point to stop half way to let him out and run a spell, even though it was frigid! We arrived home without a second mishap!

Here's some Jamaican me crazy coffee for anyone that wants a cup!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Lori - The pipes sound really frustrating. Hope they thaw out soon! Enjoy your peaceful workday.

Cottage - How is your computer?

Just another Monday around here. My bike is finally supposed to be deliverd this afternoon, so I will be home waiting for it. If it comes early I'll take 1/2 a day off so I can put it together and play with it. If it comes late I'll get work done.

I've noticed my definition of breakfast has gotten very broad on this plan. This morning it's pseudo Chinese breakfast - stir fried broccoli slaw with an egg scrambled in. I never would have eaten this in the morning before SBD but adding vegetables has broadened my definition

Hope everyone has a warm, calm Monday
Old 01-26-2009, 07:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Monday morning!

I'm having to use my excrutiatingly slow desktop computer for now, as my laptop seems to have picked up a virus that we're trying to fix. What a frustrating day yesterday was! Even though my sweet SIL is very busy, he spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting the problems for me, and we're going to try to resolve them over the phone this evening. He thinks he can fix it, and I sure hope he's right. I've gotten very spoiled using my laptop.

Loriann, when is your doctor appointment? I guess you'll find out then whether surgery is neccessary, huh? I hope you're able to get your pipes unthawed without them breaking! Good luck!

Cyndi, I hope you don't have to wait all day for your bike to be delivered! Enjoy your breakfast, I don't think I could manage to eat that first thing in the morning, LOL! My oatmeal sounds much more appealing to me.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 AM   #4  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Good Monday Morning!!!

It's been a while since I"ve checked in, but wanted to say hi!! Had a fantastic weekend...went to my first Mardi Gras ball ever....what a great time!! Inspite of men being stupid....had a great time with my girls!!! I'm close to giving up on guys completely....my dating life is a comedy girls...I should write a book!

Have a good one!
Old 01-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! -29ºC/-20ºF so it's cold no matter what scale you use! It was cold yesterday but not quite as bad. Nobody froze at "Skate The Lake" but they sure were grateful for the big bonfire and the hot chocolate. We're a hardy lot up here in the wilderness.

Lori, I hope the frozen pipes problem gets fixed soon. What a drag! Ask your vet about giving Gravol to your dog and stop feeling badly about splitting them up. As I keep reminding myself, they ARE dogs and live in the moment.

Cyndi, you are broadening my horizons about breakfast. I've already had breakfast but will try your foo yung tomorrow morning. I hope your bike comes today - you've had quite a wait!

Cottage, I hope your darling SIL can trouble-shoot your computer. I know how frustrating it is for you.

Mandyleigh, nice to see you again. About the Mardi Gras and stupid men, do tell! I live vicariously in my old age

There is lots of griping going on around here this morning. It's Jazz's Big Snip day so there's no water or breakfast. Disney has been fed but is growly grumbling at me in his behalf. Check-in time is 8:30 and then I'll carry on to Brockville for a Wal-Mart shop. I've been making a list since New Years and have tons of odds and ends to buy. Not very exciting but necessary!

Donna or Rob will come with me this afternoon to pick up Jazz after his operation. I think he'll be pretty dopey still and will need a cuddle for the drive home. Anthropomorphism is rife! "Remember they are dogs".

I hope your Monday is Magnificent!

Lets see: Magnificent Monday, Terrific Tuesday, Wonderful Wednesday, Thrilling Thursday, Fantastic Friday. That takes care of the work week and the weekend is great anyhow! (I need a life!....and another coffee!)
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, the week seems to be off to a smooth start, fingers crossed that it continues that way! On the news this morning they were talking about good internet diet and fitness support sites. Can you believe they didn't mention 3fc? I guess we're in for some snow starting tomorrow. If we're going to get it, I hope we get a lot.
Otherwise, the usual around here, work, housework, kids' activities...
I broke one of my New Year's resolutions - I was trying to not buy any bottled water this year. I don't buy much, but I wanted to see if I could not buy any. Without thinking I bought one at the movies the other night. I think that is going to be the toughest resolution of all!

Ruth
, wishing Jazz smooth snipping and speedy recovery.
Cyndi, me too, I am having a turkey burger and V8 for breakfast this morning. I've discovered that soup makes the best breakfast on a winter morning. Hope you get your bike today. I agree the foo yong sounds great and I've got some leftover broccoli slaw in the fridge. Maybe tomorrow, I'm not feeling the eggs this morning.
Hi mandy! Glad you are well. Come visit us more often!
cottage, here's hoping you get that laptop healthy again.
Loriann, carrying buckets of water for bathing sounds like you live a hundred years ago! Let's hope for a warm spell so you can thaw out soon.

I've woken DD twice now and still don't hear any noise up there, so I'd better go check on her again. Have a great Monday everyone!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 01-26-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #7  

Starting another week.

I had a phase 1 breakfast, and a phase 1 lunch packed. but nothing good for dinner as I'm going to be rushing home from work and dashing off to a schoolrelated activity within 20 minutes.
I really need to decide about doing this before packing lunch. OTOH, if I stick to ph 1 for breakfast and lunch, I'm still doing myself good. I never had the SBD "flu" that others talk about (the 2 times I've done ph 1 for real.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:33 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Freezing here, too! DH looked like the Malt-o-Meal kid when he came in to kiss me good-bye this morning. I was clinging to my travel mug of green tea this morning in hopes it would warm my poor frozen hands. Yikes!

I hear you on breakfast, Cyndi! If it has protein and veggies, it's a possible candidate!

Ruth, sending lots of cuddles and comfort for you and Jazz today. Hopefully it's fast and easy. Certainly easier than it is for girls.

Rebel!

Hope you all stay warm today! I'm looking forward to my workout at the gym. It may be the only time I get really warm today!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #9  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, Happy Monday!!!!

Loriann - I hope your pipes defrost soon, It would really suck if you had to call someone again to your home for repairs!

Cyndi - I hope your bike comes when it's supposed to. I know it's been a huge headache getting it, I just hope it's worth your wild. Good luck with it!!!

Cottage - So sorry to hear that your laptop is not working. I hope you're able to get it fixed, and fast!!!

Mandy - Do tell, you know how we all love to hear about stupid men around here. We look forward to reports like that!!!

Ruth - I hope all goes well for Jazz today. And good luck getting all of your errands completed!!!

Schmoodle - That's a great resolution. Good luck to keeping it! We actually get Sparkletts water delivered. So we use the big 5 gallon bottles...would that count??? As of right now, regarding Best Pics for the Oscars, I've seen 4 of the 5 and Slumdog is my favorite total movie.

Rebel - Welcome back. And yes, stick with what you're doing.....it's going to at least keep things steady. Good luck and get planning!!!

Laurie - I don't know if I've ever looked at your starting weight on your ticker. That's amazing that you've lost over 100lbs!!! Congratulations! You're now one of my new heroes!!!!

Me - Had a great weekend, not too busy, but got a lot done. Slumdog Millionaire was fantastic, I highly recommend it!!! Made the Wendy's Chili from the recipe section, it makes a huge pot, but it was really tasty!! (Thanks Barb!). This week is Spirit Week at school and I'm in charge. The theme is "Together we Can!" and it's all about teamwork. There's also a dress up day for each day of the week. Today is Crazy Hat Day, which should be fun.
I hope everyone has a lovely Monday!!! BLESSINGS!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! Just wanted to stop in and say Hi and to see how everyone is doing. My mind is so focused on the baby/adoption til I don't have much room for anything else. I know I will be back just don't know when.

You gals are the greatest - may you all be blessed!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone! Just a quick check-in for me. I'm back at work, but still not feeling 100%. There's a TON of stuff on my desk, so I'm off to tackle that!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 223/223/175

Height: 5'8"

Greetings to all from Nova Scotia, Canada. I am newby, that lurked, while doing my phase one, and enjoyed checking in daily. I completed the 14th day yesterday, and was very excited to have a bowl of fibre one cereal for breakfast this morning. I lost nine pounds on phase one, which is very exciting to me. My meals have been fabulous - not feeling deprived at all, just get a bit tired of chopping, and cooking!

It is cold here too - -18 degrees and with the wind chill, -30 Celsius (-20 Far).

Thanks for sharing so much, it has helped keep me on track,

Peg

Last edited by Celtic24; 01-26-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello Chicks.... I finally have water again after 7 days. Yes I said 7 days, I thought that I was going to go totally insane. But atleast DH was able to fix it with help from our neighbour, and it was under 400.00. We were beining to think we were going to have to drill a new well. Needless to say I have not been very OP as we were trying not to cook to much as you really do need water for dishes. I have been trying to get my house back together yesterday and today. I did got to the store so tonight is prep night and I will be on track for tomorrow. Well I need to dash as I only have a few minutes of quiet time left and I need to get some stuff done before the after school kids arrive. It is an indoor day here today and it is bitter bitter bitter. Take care chicks.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Little Chick, I cannot imagine 7 days without water! You are a trouper!

Celtic -- Welcome! We have a fun group with lots of support!

GonnaB -- Keep us up to date with your baby situation. Is she out of the hospital?

Regarding Breakfast -- If I can't have cheerios (I think would be a bad trigger for me), I may as well have eggs or leftovers. Yum!

We are already halfway through the day! I have the 'crust' of a spaghetti squash pizza in the oven.

My new vice is weighing every day. I've been 188 for 5 days in a row. Sheesh! Not complaining. At least I'm not gaining.

You all stay warm today! Off to finish the pizza...
Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #15  

I heard today another of our Canadians is being let go so now my team has 3 US, one Canadian and 15 from India. The odds are not good but I just can't worry about it. The good thing is this guy can take retirement and can afford to be cut. It wouldn't go so well for the rest of us.

I talked to my lawyer and we're going to meet this week to get a new proposal together. He did say I can't change the grounds to irreconcilable differences since the original grounds were family violence so Robert won't like that. We'll see what happens.

Looks like we may get an ice storm tonight. I'm working from home anyway but I'll have to see if school gets cancelled tomorrow.
Closed Thread