Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat - Jan 19th to Jan 25th

New pages for a new week
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #2  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

WHERE EVERY ONE.

W-I this morning and I stayed the same.Had problems with sodium again.Have no idea why as I don't use salt to season my meals.Must be what in the food products I have to read labels more carefully.

Woke up late as I got so involved with the football game last night.

THE STEELERS WON,and what a game that was.In the game before I rooted for the Arizona Cardinals,so it should be a easy game for the STEELERS at the SUPERBOWL.

Have a great afternoon,will be back later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #3  

Hi everyone. I set up the new pages and didn't get back all day. We got almost a foot of snow between the storm yesterday and a different one last night. Had to clean off the cars, again! Had a drs appt at 8:30 which was quick and I was home within an hour. I then took DD to the state park near us to go sledding - there is a big hill and it was a lot of fun. Then, made it home and took the dog for a walk, cooked a roast turkey. We've finished eating and everything is cleaned up. I'm looking forward to my regular day off tomorrow. I do need to go grocery shopping and I have a hair appt at noon.

Maryann, do you drink a lot of water the day before wi? It may be worth a shot to drink a ton on Sundays to clean out things before wi on Monday. How did you make out with the snow? I saw on the news the Cape didn't get too much. Hope all is well.

Well, got a few things to do. Have a good night.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #4  

Maryann, at least you didn't have a gain. I sometimes get water gain. I've really been drinking a lot of water lately, and it helps at WI.

Paula, glad you had fun in the snow. I'm originally from Michigan, and we used to get lots of snow. I never liked it. We got an inch or so today. Very unusual for snow here. I heard an hour south of us is expecting 4-5" tomorrow and they've already canceled school, etc. I'm sure we'll get some of it too.

I lost 2 lbs at WI. I'm 3.4 lbs from reaching goal. I thought I had stayed the same, so it was a pleasant surprise. I've been tracking and exercising everyday, so maybe it's finally paying off.

Guess I'll go watch some tv and do my treadmill. Have a great evening.

Last edited by pam920; 01-19-2009 at 06:35 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #5  

Pam, congrats on the loss and for being so close to goal!!!! Way to go!!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Paula, thank you for the new pages.

Pam, congratulations on losing and being so close to goal.

Maryann, drinking a lot of water is a good idea.

Rhonda is on her way to the inauguration. I don't know where everyone else is.

Today's been a good day. I feel very proud of myself for staying on program.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:28 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Today was weigh in day and I'm happy to report that I lost 5.2 pounds due to the combination of processes/programs that I was doing during the week.

I'm now researching my next move.

I'm SO excited for Rhonda. I'm not the type who likes to be in the thick of things but I'll be watching the TV all day in between taking the dog to the Vet.

Pam, you are doing AWESOME! I hope to be close to goal someday. It really sounds like Core is working for you. My downfall is portion control. I hope to master that soon.

Maryann, I think water consumption is one of the MOST important things on Core. If I didn't drink at least 64 ounces, I wouldn't lose weight.

Sandra, congratulations on a great day, my friend!

I'm off to change my tracker.

Last edited by Vickie; 01-20-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #8  

Vickie - congrats on the 5.2 loss!!! Makes rethinking worth while. Can you do the same thing again this week?? For me, when the program (which ever one) I'm following is dreadful but I have a loss, it doesn't seem so bad. I hope you can keep up the motivation this week. How did Jim make out?

Well, already went grocery shopping. Have a hair appt at 12:15. I need to vacuum. Otherwise, not much going on here. BBL
Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Well today is wash day,and going to work on getting the high sodium foods out of the cupboard and let Leo have it. Not going to stop my Weight loss process destroyed over sodium.

PAULA-I did drink a lot of water on Sunday,but some how it didn't work. I guess I will have to drink the same amount the whole week though. Right now i averaging about 80 oz a day[1/2 my weight] but maybe that's now enough.

I thought you liked in the Chatham area of the Cape,but I guess not if your asking about the amount of snow the Cape got. We only had a dusting this morning & yesterday. JUST CALL US LUCKY.it must be the winds that come off the ocean that saves us.

PAM-Thanks I should be happy as I have gained from water retention in the past.BIG CONGRATS on your 2 lb weight loss WOW you almost there,WTG

SANDRA-That what I have to do,I used to drink so much of the H@O in the summer months but in the cold winter Its impossible. Does hot decaf tea & other hot beverages count for water?????

VICKIE-I'm so happy & Congrats for you losing that 5.2 you're doing fantastic. You're on a roll,you can do it. If it just portion control you'll make the big time in the weight loss dept.

Have to get going
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks Maryann!

Paula, Jim lost 7.2. He exercised and I didn't. He also did all kinds of snowblowing. I'm about to get on the treadmill. Jim stayed on Nutrisystem. I am now considering Jenny Craig. They want to put me on 1700 calories though and I'm not sure that's enough for a 303 pounder! My choice is 1700 or 2000 calories. They let me have a days worth of food so I'm testing it today. So far, I'm hungrier than on Nutrisystem. I think Nutrisystem had more fiber. We'll see. I'm going to keep searching. If nothing else, I can go back to WW/Core. I just don't want to cook for just myself if Jim is going to keep doing Nutrisystem.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #11  
focused and aiming

Vickie, congratulations on losing 5.2. That's a great loss. I have an idea. What about buying WW TV dinners for you? You could go on WW and eat mainly their dinners for your meals then have ww-style snacks. When I do that, I lose well. I usually add a large tossed salad to the TV dinner to give it more bulk. Also, when I eat the 4 pt roast turkey/mashed potatoes, I add a slice of bread. That makes it seem like a real meal. I have a freezer full of WW TV dinners now, so I'm eating them sporadically. The week Curtis was gone to the Olympic Center, I ate them 2 meals a day the entire week and had a great loss. Anyway, these are just ideas.

Maryann, one of my doctors once told me to get rid of processed foods (I was having trouble with fluid on the ear.) because of all the sodium in them.

Paula, I ran the vac this morning. Sure am glad our home is small.

We're doing paperwork now, and maybe we'll head to the gym before lunch. If not, I will heat Curtis some lo chicken pot pie and I'll have one of those WW TV dinners. Life is good.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Sandra! I absolutely may do that. I'm thinking I'll try Jenny Craig for 10 weeks.....for $20. Then I'll maybe try what you are suggesting, assuming Jim is still doing Nutrisystem.

The food has been real yummy so far.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

I'm glad you're liking their food. My friend from Ohio swears by it. We had taco soup for lunch. I'll eat the WW TV dinner tonight.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone
Well weigh in wasnt good for me last night. I gained 2 lbs. Not real sure why. Guess maybe I didnt get enough water in. Because on the days when it was below zero. I know I didnt drink much water. And then we ate out twice over the weekend. So am going to try and drink alot of water this week.
PAM920 Wow only 3 lbs to goal. That is awesome. Congrats on the loss.
BEACHBUM how are you doing. Had some errends to run this morn. But when we came home I got a couple loads of laundry done. We are going to go see my Aunt tomorrow. Weather permitting. So when we get back I will do some more laundry. I just wish I knew where all the dirty clothes comes from. I am glad the STEELERS won also. Just hope they can win the Super Bowl.
VICKIE I am so proud of you. That is a awesome weight loss. You can do this. I know it is a struggle. But we are in this together.
ONTARGET Congrats for staying on program. Did you get your yard work done the other day.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH How did your hair appt go. I need to make us one. But just havent done it yet. But the lady we go to isnt in but 3 days a week. So maybe I will try and call her tomorrow. She is in on Wed, Thurs, and Fri and every other Sat.
RHONDA how was DC. I saw all those people there. I cant imagine being in that big of crowd. Hope you had a wonderful time.
Well I am going to get off here.
Thinking of everyone.
Night
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Brush it off, Coco. You'll do better next week. Eating out is hard. I do way too much of it. I'm trying to keep it to only two meals.

I can't wait to hear Rhonda's report too.