Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default in a bad place and needing some help...

ok... I admit that I'm in a really, really bad place right now. I've gained 15lbs over the last 5 months, most of it since just before Thanksgiving. I'm miserable and my head just isn't in the game .

I just signed back up for weight watchers... I did pretty well there this time last year... but I was going to meetings then. I'm pretty much in this on my own right now, and really, desperately need the help to find the motivation to lose my finely tuned bad habits. I know once I see those first few pounds go, I'll be in the right frame of mind to keep rolling... it's just a matter of getting through this week (the next 2 or 3 days, really) and finding my way back out of the dark side. (definition of the dark side? i ate 44 pts today when my current allowance is 23!)

some one please share some insight.... how you get back on track after not so much falling off the wagon as running away...
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I think the "goals" section is a big boost for a lot of people (myself included). It's so much better than seeing a celeb in an infomercial. I feel like on here, these are real people that really lost the weight and continue to push to keep it off. I can find women just like me that understand what I'm going through.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #3  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Just take it one day at a time. That's what I always tell myself. Of course there is a goal for all of us in the end, but I just concentrade on what I can do TODAY. You can't beat yourself up for past mistakes, you can't change time and you can't go tell yourself that you shouldn't have done that... what's done is done.

Keep your chin up.

Of course I always find that it makes things a bit easier when I make sure to check in on here.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
Just take it one day at a time. That's what I always tell myself. Of course there is a goal for all of us in the end, but I just concentrade on what I can do TODAY. You can't beat yourself up for past mistakes, you can't change time and you can't go tell yourself that you shouldn't have done that... what's done is done.

Keep your chin up.

Of course I always find that it makes things a bit easier when I make sure to check in on here.
Well said feral! I agree with what she said and maybe add some rewards not food related when you hit certain milemarkers. Like ten pounds you get to do something you've wanted or get a pedicure. Fun stuff.
Lackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

i had a breaking point by noticing how much tighter all my clothes are and how I don't like the pudge I see in the mirror that i already. got. rid. of.
stupid pudge.
New year, new goals! get back onto the thoughts that gave you so much excitement when you first started and you'll fall right back into the groove of things again. Good luck! and check back here often! Looking forward to seeing your successes.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote