Old 01-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #1  

Angry I have fallen and .....you know the rest

I have been on the MRC plan for approximately 3 months now and have done fairly well. I have lost 19.5 pounds, which is more than I have ever lost on any other program that I have been on. However, I have it a "snag" in the program and can't seem to shake it. The holidays came and I have just gone crazy with my eating. I am so mad at myself for letting myself fall off of my eating plan. I am too embarrassed to weigh in again until I get my weight back under control.

I could use any suggestions for my lunches and dinners. I seem to do fine for breakfast, but I don't always feel like having a salad, nor is it always convenient. With my job, I am in my car a lot and it is very difficult to resist the convenience of the drive thru. I need to lose 30 more pounds by March and I know I can do it, however, I am going to need some type of intervention. Any help that any of you could provide is greatly appreciated!!!
rochelleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #2  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

rochelleg, I do know the rest. I too am having a hard time getting back on track from the holidays. I am in stabilization so I have lost all my weight but I have hained 5lbs over the holidays. I am know if we put our minds back to the day we signed on to the program we will be able to accomplish the rest of our goals. This is a minor set back. Maybe we should have a get back on track day set for this week and check in with each other daily.
1 thinner me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochelleg View Post
I have been on the MRC plan for approximately 3 months now and have done fairly well. I have lost 19.5 pounds, which is more than I have ever lost on any other program that I have been on. However, I have it a "snag" in the program and can't seem to shake it. The holidays came and I have just gone crazy with my eating. I am so mad at myself for letting myself fall off of my eating plan. I am too embarrassed to weigh in again until I get my weight back under control.

I could use any suggestions for my lunches and dinners. I seem to do fine for breakfast, but I don't always feel like having a salad, nor is it always convenient. With my job, I am in my car a lot and it is very difficult to resist the convenience of the drive thru. I need to lose 30 more pounds by March and I know I can do it, however, I am going to need some type of intervention. Any help that any of you could provide is greatly appreciated!!!
You came to the right place for help! Reading through the posts here always helps motivate me and straighten me out when needed. Don't be too embarassed to go to your center--USE THEM. It is their business to help you lose weight, not make you feel bad for struggling. They are there to help, so let them. It's what you're paying for

As for meals, could you pack a lunch to take w/ you in a cooler? For your lunchtime veggies you could pack green pepper slices, cucumber slices, grape tomatoes--easy to eat w/out a fork Cheese is easy in the car on the days you're allowed to do that. Otherwise pack grilled chicken. You might cut up a bunch of veggies on the weekend to last throughout the week? Apples and oranges are easy portable foods.

The time of food preparation has been the hardest part of this program for me. I'm more of a cook from the box girl! But I've learned it really doesn't take that long to grill up some chicken or fish, or to make up some tuna salad. Make extra so you have some left over for lunch the next day. If you're out of time to cook, pick up a salad or grilled chicken sandwich from fast food or a cooked rotisserie chicken from Walmart. Most nights I have steamed veggies--I buy the steamer bags that you just throw in the microwave for 5 minutes. Doesn't get any easier than that!

Don't forget about the meal replacement bars and shakes...when I travel or just feel rushed it's really nice to grab a bar or shake and not worry about anything else.

More advice than you really wanted I'm sure--hope a little helps!
WooPigSooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/184/137

Height: 5'1"

I'm going in to my center tomorrow to face the music (I was bad over the holidays, too). At first I was planning on waiting a couple of weeks until I was back 'under control' but I realized that that was the OPPOSITE of what I needed to do. Avoiding the reality check will only set me back farther and make it too easy to continue to cheat.
sessa555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #5  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Default Fallen off

I understand the struggle.I do great at breakfast and lunch.But the afternoon munchies have been hitting me hard.Dinner has also become a struggle.But I figure I will take it one day at a time.I have become lax in measuring out my food.So I will begin weighing again and preparing extra food at meals so I have leftovers for lunches.I realize this is a lifestyle change and I just need to stick with it.One of my favorite dinners lately is a stir fry with cabbage,mushrooms and bean sprouts,Then i cook my buffalo steak and mix it togethor.Sometimes I use a little low sodium soy sauce.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #6  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Rochelle, go to MRC and get back on track. I just started the program and have already realized that the fact that we weigh in a different room, no one but your counsler and you will know what you have done. They will give you the support you need to get back on track. I spoke with mine the other day and she said when she was in the weight loss part she traveled alot and had suggestions of several things you can get at a drive thru. Ask yours and maybe they can help you through this itty bitty teeny tiny set back!!! And Good luck hun!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote