Old 12-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

Default OT I hate retail!

ARGH! People are so rude this time of year. See I work at Target at guest services, because my cosmetology license isn't valid in the state that I moved to, so I am just working here for now. Anyways, people can be so rude if you tell them you cannot return their item. See everyone is trying to return/exchange stuff without a receipt. At Target you HAVE to have a receipt to do anything. The only exception that we make is if you return the item with your state id. You are only able to do that two time is a 12 month period AND the item amount has to be under 35 dollars. People think they can get store credit without a receipt, and when I tell them they can't they get mad at me. I can't help it that Target has a strict return policy. Oh and to top of the day, some lady tried returning a movie wrapped in saran wrap. wth.

Does anybody else have to deal with rude/mean people on a daily basis?
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

People are SO irritating sometimes! I remember dealing with stuff like that when I worked in retail.

I also worked for an athletic facility/ice arena for several years. Whenever we had pick-up hockey or stick & puck (for kids and adults), we had certain gear requirements.... like helmets.... gloves.... stuff like that.

Well, there was always that one idiot who would wander out there in jeans, skates, and a tshirt insisting that nothing would happen to him and no one would get sued blah blah balh (which is funny, because those are also the guys that ALWAYS threaten to call their lawyers when you call them out). They just could not understand why they weren't allowed on the ice without a helmet with pucks flying at them at 65 miles an hour and they would throw the WORST tantrums!

Ugh. I'm getting irritated just thinking about it again.

ETA: Saran wrap. My word.

Last edited by junebug41; 12-30-2008 at 08:24 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

That happened to me once at target i had returned something twice in 12 months.. i didn't get mad i just had my mom return it for me haha
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/154.6/130

Height: 5'4"

I feel for you and I hate when I am in a store and see someone making an a** out of themselves at an employee. It is always someone else's fault is the motto in this society today..blah...

I work in a section of the library where we order books from around the world for our students, professors, etc...We put the order in for them and sometimes people become really flustered if the item is not delivered in the time they think it should be delivered. They think magic storks fly the books asap...It is usually the professors who make the biggest stink :/
Oh and we have really clear guidelines on renewing books...and this one is simple..you cannot renew a book after the due date!! No one understands that

Last edited by Sarah Mac; 12-30-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Sarah Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #5  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I deal with bratty kids and parents that think their child is a godsent to humanity on pretty much a daily basis. Does that count?

I work at a school that offers after school daycare, and all day daycare on the days that the kids are out of school. I.e. christmas, summer, thanksgiving break.

I had a child today that it was all I could do to keep myself from spanking him. Time out is the only form of punishment I am allowed. He is 3 years old and still has a pacifier (supposedly only using it at nap time and at night), and his pre-k teacher finally said "don't bring the pacifier back after Christmas break" supposedly the parents knew about it. Well today I come in and the worker that was there before me had given him his pacifier for nap time, I told her that he wasn't allowed to have it anymore. She said well he was being good so I let him have it. Grrrr, so after many repeated attempts for him to lay down for nap and him in absolute defiance I took the pacifier and kept it the rest of the day. The kid has taken a nap for me before with no pacifier and for pete's sake the kid is 3 and old enough to swallow the dang thing. He was a total unruly brat the rest of the day.

I told his mom all what had went on, and said that I was told he wasn't supposed to have the pacifier at all. She looked at me shocked as if it was the first time she had heard of such a thing. She just shrugged it off and I know the kid will not be in any type of trouble. The maddening part is, is he knows that there is no real punishment for anything he does either at home or school so he just does whatever he wants. Grrrr it makes me so mad.

I swear if I ever acted the way this kid does and my parents found out. I guarantee that there was a spanking, other forms of punishment used to ensure my wayward ways were corrected.

Last edited by Bee20nine; 12-30-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I can totally relate! I am a cosmetics assistant manager, and while I love love my job most times, people are always saying really rude things... my fav is "oh, you aren't busy you'll do this for me". Meanwhile I am on the computer ordering, doing all the manager stuff I barely have time to do. I like to come back with "funny how computers make it look like we aren't busy", and then laugh it off. So lame!

We also got the word from Head Office to cut MORE hours, so basically we aren't going to have enough people on to help the customers... sooo lame

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #7  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

I used to work at a children's shoe store. I thought I'd have issues with children misbehaving. Actually, it was the mothers who threw tantrums. Ugg, I was treated like crap there.
Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I work with teenagers. I end up saying, "Bummer" a lot.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:45 AM   #9  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I wait tables....nuff said
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/125-ish/i'm there!

Height: 5'4"

bee20nine my son is a thumb sucker and he is three and for him it's just like a pacifier and he only does it when he's tired or around a bunch of ppl he doesn't know it's security. i have to agree with this mom though if ethan took a pacifier and his daycare ppl tried to take it away we'd b having words. and that's just a typical 3 year old boy. i'm tellin' u what mine back talks, doesn't listen, does the opposite of what i tell him to do and is just a little hellyun but i'm one of those moms who thinks anything he does is fine b/c he's mine. thank god i'm a sahm or i would b cussing a teacher out everyday.
DanielleAshley is offline   Reply With Quote