South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-25-2008, 09:02 PM   #1  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Default sooo i was reading the book and.......

i have had this book forever sitting on my shelf and i'm sitting here today trying to think of what plan i am gonna use come january 1 so i start reading (which apparently i haven't done til now) and am amazed, partly cause i always thought of it as just another low carb diet but the more i read the more i am impressed with this program and book.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #2  

It is definitely not a low carb diet, but a good carb diet. What I love about it is that if you have children, you can DEFINITELY incorporate every aspect of this way of eating into their eating. When I have done Phase 1, my kids ate what I ate and I just added a healthy carb for them. It is a great way of eating. Check out the recipe section - there are tons of yummy things!

Also, don't wait until January 1st- you can give yourself wonderful New Year's present and almost have 1/2 of Phase 1 done while you ring in the New Year!
Kiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:05 PM   #3  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

SBD is great! It does wonders for me- in the way I feel and everything, when I do it correctly!!!!! I am totally with you for New years... I have been back and forth and on and off... but come Jan 1 I am back on 100% and starting fresh! I am sooo against the putting off until-____... but I am trying to be reasonable with myself, we have lots of family coming and I don't think I would be anything but discouraged with myself after the holidays... There are many many many great friends and supporters here and I am sooo happy to have found them Good luck on your journey and whatever path you choose~
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Honestly, it is a great plan, when you do it 100%. I go on and off plan...my own fault. But I am with you. I am actually starting tomorrow. I find that it is a pretty decent plan to follow.I just want to be ahead of the New Year by a few days Keep coming to the forum; it will keep you motivated.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #5  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Height: 5'6"

I couldn't agree more with the other posters. I am obviously new to the diet/boards but have been on SBD since the day after Thanksgiving. Ph 1 was soooo easy for me! Make sure that you use the renovated list from SuperCharged, though. I am pretty certain that it is posted here. It really helped to use the new list. I was FLOORED that the cravings were gone so quickly...and I was baking and making candy while on Ph1 and it didn't phase me! My PMS was COMPLETELY gone, which was worth the limited diet ALONE!! I went off of the diet on Christmas Eve and have been off since, started back up yesterday, and the PMS was back in FULL-FORCE in less than a week off the diet. Sorry...probably TMI...but it really is a great diet/lifestyle! I am planning on extending a modified Ph2 onto my kids, as well, with the hopes of it helping them, not only with eating better but also with my DS's behavior issues.
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/206/155

Height: 5'8"

Default Am new here

Hi all. I have been a lurker on 3FC site for a few years but never really committed to anything until now. My fiance and I will start SB on Jan. 2nd. My mom picked up the book at a local thrift store and I am borrowing it from her. I had gastric bypass almost 3 years ago and lost 107 lbs only to gain back about 40 lbs or so. I am looking forward to a new start.
jenn100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #7  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 262mom2three View Post
I am planning on extending a modified Ph2 onto my kids, as well, with the hopes of it helping them, not only with eating better but also with my DS's behavior issues.
Since I am the main cook/baker in the family, my family has to eat whatever I make (or starve! ). It is trial and error at this point, they don't love all the newer "healthy" food I am feeding them, but most of the time they don't realize that I am making changes either.
Just wanted to comment that my son who also has behavior issues, does so much better when we eat whole foods, and stay away from processed foods!!
It is a win-win for the entire family!!
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #8  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I agree... the plan is fabulous! I hate counting calories or points since I am bad at estimating my portion size or planning ahead for eating out. With this I know exactly what I can eat during the day and eating out is not hard either. Plus I feel great when I stick to it!
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote